KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)

Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
I'm aware of that, I'm merely pointing out that the bow at Barton's disposal >>> the bow Legolas has at his disposal, and with all respect for Barton's abilities that bow played a factor, atleast I don't see him making those shots with a woodbow as easily, but that is probably just me.

It's a moot point. If he can make those ridiculous shots that the laser can't help and without even looking, he can make the straight on shots without the laser. And while it's true he used a recurve composite bow, he still made the shots.

But yeah, Barton's bow was a lot more advanced than Legolas'

Old Post May 11th, 2012 07:23 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I don't know. Legolas was by far the most badass of the fellowship in LOTR. I don't recall him missing. Ever. Or getting hit.

But I have to say, even when you take Barton's rediculous trick arrows out of the account, he had some pretty insane feats. When he shot the arrow outside of the Hellicarrier through the air and curved, riding along the wind. I mean, come on we never saw Legolas do anything like that. Or how about those long range shots he took in the climax battle scene. There's a city-wide battle going on and he is comfortably atop a building sniping everything, not only protecting himself but covering his teammates collective asses. The shot against Loki was insane. Did you see how far away Loki was?

I would say in melee combat Legolas would have the clear upperhand. In straight up H2H combat the tide would turn to Barton only because we've never seen Legolas fight with his bare hands.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 03:50 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by KingD19
It's a moot point. If he can make those ridiculous shots that the laser can't help and without even looking, he can make the straight on shots without the laser. And while it's true he used a recurve composite bow, he still made the shots.

But yeah, Barton's bow was a lot more advanced than Legolas'

He used the laser iirc when he was aiming at Loki likewise when aiming at the hellcarrier. I'm not questioning his abilities merely pointing out that in order to accomplish those shots (which are awesome and all) he used a bow that compared to Legolas own is highly advanced, and that those shots (again awesome and all) imo have no bearing between the two combatents.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 07:33 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Utrigita
He used the laser iirc when he was aiming at Loki likewise when aiming at the hellcarrier. I'm not questioning his abilities merely pointing out that in order to accomplish those shots (which are awesome and all) he used a bow that compared to Legolas own is highly advanced, and that those shots (again awesome and all) imo have no bearing between the two combatents.

The thing you aren't taking into account is that even though the laser was active, it had no bearing on the shot most of the shots he took. As a laser points in a straight line and he still had to judge for an insane amount of factors because his arrow wouldn't be flying straight. Aside from a few direct shots, most of his feats are beyond the laser's guidance help. It didn't matter if he had the laser on top of a 4x scope.

And if he can make crazy shots like that, Legolas will need to be on his P's and Q's so as not to get skewered.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 07:51 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kentqueen1514

Does anyone take into account that Legolas has been training for over 3000 years

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 06:59 PM
kentqueen1514 is currently offline Click here to Send kentqueen1514 a Private Message Find more posts by kentqueen1514 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by kentqueen1514
Does anyone take into account that Legolas has been training for over 3000 years

Not when Barton shot a high speed cruiser in mid air without looking at it.

He estimated the speed, drop and trajectory of his arrow whilst talking to Cap.

He also shot an arrow whilst high up in the sky where the windage would've been all over the place.

He also displayed close combat skills able to take down high powered soldiers that had the strength to smash a downed Ironman in the head.

I give Legolas agility over Barton and that's it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 07:10 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

You would, I would not, however. Legolas is using a really low-tech bow. Its a stick with a string. Barton has an ultra-high tech bow, complete with aiming laser, and probably a load of other shenanigans. I would give Legolas eyesight/precision (you are talking about a guy who could see miles) agility, experience (obviously) and close quarters fighting (he fought in a war where the main weapon was the sword or spear, and he was never hurt) I would also give him speed, as he has fired more arrows accurately than Barton. (Watch FotR, he speed aims at Uruks at Amon Hen, Two Towers he does it while sliding on a shield down stairs) and he can also climb the leg of a moving Mumakil. Climbing arrows.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 08:59 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Pwned
You would, I would not, however. Legolas is using a really low-tech bow. Its a stick with a string. Barton has an ultra-high tech bow, complete with aiming laser, and probably a load of other shenanigans. I would give Legolas eyesight/precision (you are talking about a guy who could see miles) agility, experience (obviously) and close quarters fighting (he fought in a war where the main weapon was the sword or spear, and he was never hurt) I would also give him speed, as he has fired more arrows accurately than Barton. (Watch FotR, he speed aims at Uruks at Amon Hen, Two Towers he does it while sliding on a shield down stairs) and he can also climb the leg of a moving Mumakil. Climbing arrows.

Thats why I gave Lego agility genius.
And stop using aiming lasers as an excuse. Look at my examples. Lasers had no effect on those feats.
And Legolas doesn't have swords or shields in this fight. If it got close it would be H2H.
Those Uruks were right in front of him. And they didn't even try to dodge. A bad example.

Your response had no barring on my comment.

Last edited by the ninjak on Jun 11th, 2012 at 05:54 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 05:43 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'll say this I think Barton would have made the shot on the running Uruki in the Two Towers so he didn't cause the bomb to go off stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 11:27 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Newjak
I'll say this I think Barton would have made the shot on the running Uruki in the Two Towers so he didn't cause the bomb to go off stick out tongue

Easily. Trick arrows even more easily.

Proving that Legolas is good at killing close range orcs running at him. And long distance Golblins standing still. But not long distance beings whilst moving.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 12:15 PM
Pwned
That guy

Barton using Trick Arrows really doesn't say anything. Sure, he is a great shot, but he isn't the best.

Aiming laser is an excuse, especially for those long range shots that he had to aim for. The carrier shot is an exception. You tote around that he was sniping from the top of a building, but with a laser he did not have to worry about that. His bow also had a higher poundage on it, because if I remember correctly, it was a compound, as opposed to Legolas' recurve. (I forget my archery terminology atm, so if I got it wrong, please correct me) meaning he did not have to adjust for gravity as much.

Close range doesn't matter as much when the other guy is wearing thick plate armor, carrying a big shield, and running around.

You still haven't said anything about the speed that he shot, with each one being a kill.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 03:25 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Oh Lego shot faster shots no ones gonna debate on that. Though the video footage of Barton had him shooting (I think) at least 5 arrows in the space of 6 secs. The Budapest video. (could be wrong on that one)

But we've already proved Barton is a better shot at moving targets.
Well.....just a better shot altogether.
Those Uraks were running at Lego. They didn't even try to dodge. They were fodder.

And stop talkin bout the laser aim. Lasers can only go so far. The human eye can only perceive such a laser so far. He was poppin aliens on high speed aerial platforms from blocks away.

Legolas shot a goblin standing still in a cavern. It was a beautiful shot but Barton did that over and over again.

Barton also dodged laser fire. He saw it coming and dodged it. The montage scene with all the Avengers killing alien in one shot. He's a bullet timer big grin

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 03:40 PM
Pwned
That guy

Think you can post some videos with Barton dodging laser fire?

And those things are not as fast as bullets. You can see the projectile of energy as it flies. I would compare them more to Star Wars blasters.

I think you misunderstand what I think the aiming laser was for. (WHile yes, it is speculation) I bet that its what guided his arrows. That carrier shot would be impossible without some form of missile guidance.

High speed? I would say 45-50 mph. Fast, but not so fast that its impossible for an experienced marksman to hit while its traveling in a straight line.

Again, Uruks wore armor and had shields. He did it again while sliding down stairs on a shield.

Barton is a great archer, no doubt, and I think the two are equals. Barton may be a slight bit better. He just doesn't have the right advantages to take out Legolas.

Legolas hit a Warg Rider right after it crested the hill, and it was at least a mile off. (They had time to sound the alarm, get into formation, and charge while the wargs were running full speed at them)

Better shot? Legolas has never missed. Never.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 03:50 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Chitauri where wearing armor as well.

And I can't find a video of the scene sorry. It's the scene where Ironman flies in to help Cap then shoots his lasers into Caps shield, then flies up a building smacking Chitauri off and flies past Barton. Who shoots an arrow into a Chitauri climbing up then dodges two lasers appearing past his face. He then shoots an arrow blocks down into the city smacking a pilot in the backof the neck causing the whole ship to crash into one of those flying worms with Thor and Hulk on the back. All in a single scene.

My point is Lego always stood still whilst doing such shots. Barton proved he could dodge fire and shoot without even looking at his opponent. Whilst the opponent was flying at high speeds.

With these two standing apart from each other Barton will be able to dodge Lego's arrow whilst shooting one of his own. Lego won't be able to shoot back whilst dodging arrows.

And Barton never missed either. Cept when Loki caught his arrow. Which was part of his plan because it exploded. Causing Loki's eventual downfall.

What are Lego's dodging feats?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 04:05 PM
Pwned
That guy

Never being hurt in battles involving thousands of people, most of which were trying to kill him and his allies. It takes quite a bit of skill to do that. Especially considering how he wore no armor. Not to mention the cave troll swinging the chain. He dodged it a couple times.

Barton won't be dodging the 10 arrows flying at him. Legolas was speed shooting on that shield. Not quite as fast as normal, but still faster. Still kill shots.

Well, its too bad that neither of us can find a clip. I know the scene you are talking about, I would just prefer to watch it again.

And the Chitauri had to fly in a straight line. If they had been zig-zagging then I would say he is better. Not every Uruk was moving towards him. Many were moving at angles. He still got them.

Legolas had no need to move before, while, or after shooting. Everything was dead by then. The one time he did, he still killed everything. Though he has shown one-shot kills from horseback, from the back of a charging Mumakil, and from ontop a shield, going on to launch the shield into an Uruks neck. Amon Hen he snap shot a couple right after sprinting (which would be hard as hell, considering how he was hopping to slow down)
He fired what looked like 10 yards into a 1 inch hole in a door (partially covered by splinters) and killed a goblin. He was shooting multiple moving goblins in Moria from at least 100 yards (vertical distance as well) and the goblins are maybe 3 feet tall. One shot kills.

The carrier shot required hitting a massive turbine, and Barton took far longer to shoot than Legolas ever has. While there was some insane adjusting and all, I have faith Legolas could do it, given Barton's bow and the same circumstances. For that kind of stuff, experience is what matters.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 05:41 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

This is surely a battle of the best archers in fiction.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 06:05 PM
Pwned
That guy

Not sure if sarcasm

Or serious.

Though honestly, both are pretty badass stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 06:10 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Sarcasm is for losers. Especially in such a literal medium.

I will eventually find you the video you requested. But two lasers narrowly shot up at Bartons face and he dodged them.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 06:13 PM
NemeBro

Legolas wins. Bart is the better shot, but Legolas can send his arrow faster, and it just takes one. Then of course there is the serious possibility that Legolas could dodge one of Bart's arrows. Bart can't do the same.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 06:23 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think Barton's no look shot is the best feat between him and Legolas in terms of accuracy.

I still give Legolas the speed advantage though.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 06:58 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote