KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jack Bauer vs John McClane

Jack Bauer vs John McClane
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (51): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well at least he got his human facets dealt with before going on to kick all manner of ass early in his career....didnt have to take 6 years to warm up or anything....unlike Bauer.

Early in his career Jack was performing covert Delta Force missions for the CIA.....

Yep. In Die Hard 4.0

Which was McClane's strongest showing. In Jack's highest showing he stopped a pandemic and WWIII.....

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:35 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Screenfeats...

Well McClane, whilst in those echelons at the moment, isnt done showing yet.
Unlike Bauer.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:39 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Robtard
He did so and KILLED a terrorist, several actually. Buy killing Thomas and his crew, he saved millions(billions?), as the ensuing complete financial collapse of America due to Thomas' actions would have caused global chaos and anarchy.

Ergo: McClane saved the world (which wasn't bad for an afternoon's work.)

Indeed. Now when McClane does that six more times, maybe Bauer will consider him a peer in the counterterrorism game. Until then, he's a poodle who has yet to take on any actual pit bulls

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:49 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Screenfeats

...Can be found via clicking on my signature at the bottom of the post

Well McClane, whilst in those echelons at the moment, isnt done showing yet.
Unlike Bauer.

Both have films coming out. The 24 film is just taking longer production because you can't rush perfection

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:52 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Lestov16
Indeed. Now when McClane does that six more times, maybe Bauer will consider him a peer in the counterterrorism game. Until then, he's a poodle who has yet to take on any actual pit bulls

Let's face the truth, Bauer's best bet is to hope McClane doesn't see him due to his petite size, gets bored and ****s off to the nearest pub for a beer and whiskey chaser.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 01:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by Robtard
Let's face the truth, Bauer's best bet is to hope McClane doesn't see him due to his petite size, gets bored and ****s off to the nearest pub for a beer and whiskey chaser.

Assuming Jack wasn't a superhuman who can snap necks effortlessly, that would be true.....

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 10:29 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well thats a safe assumption on the 1st part.

The second part is down to pussy necks.
Not McNecks, which by virtue of the survival of DHs 1-4 (and maybe 5) are indestructable.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 10:39 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Well thats a safe assumption on the 1st part.

Lies, as seen in the VYAATW

The second part is down to pussy necks.
Not McNecks, which by virtue of the survival of DHs 1-4 (and maybe 5) are indestructable.

Until Bauer twists it in a 360 degree angle, like he does all other chumps who think they can take him on

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 11:12 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Lies, as seen in the VYAATW

Until Bauer twists it in a 360 degree angle, like he does all other chumps who think they can take him on

Not lies: Judging by all the many things that happened where his neck could have been broken, via direct attack or by his own stunt, but didn't (and he didnt die once).

Watch Die Hards 1-4. If McClane is killed onscreen in 'Die-Hard-the-5th' and it is via a broken neck at any point then I shall retract my assertion.

No evidence as yet to suggest that he could move it 45 degrees, let alone the rest of the distance. smile

And you maintain that there was one incident where superhuman feats were exhibited by Bauer? Well McClane has 4 (maybe 5) whole movies of the stuff....on movie screens where it counts.
Therefore McClane has super-seniority here.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 8th, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:01 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

And you maintain that there was one incident where superhuman feats were exhibited by Bauer?

No. There were multiple ones. Matter of fact, you can see them for yourself. I have a nice little VYAATW right in my sig that will show you an hour of nothing but Bauer's feats (and it's not even all of them)

Well McClane has 4 (maybe 5) whole movies of the stuff.

4(maybe 5) whole movies. I'll assume each film is 2 hours long.

McClane=10 hours in feats against enemies below 24 villain's caliber

Bauer has had 8 consecutive seasons (each season a serial arc which allows each season to count as a "film", which you can ask anybody who watched the show can tell you), each 24 hours long

Bauer=192 hours in feats against enemies whom McClane would shit his pants if he went up against.

....on movie screens where it counts

Oh no. It's too late for you to try to gimp Bauer feat's now. What matters are the onscreen feats, and Bauer has more of them. I've even compiled a VYAATW of some of them.

Therefore McClane has super-seniority here.

laughing....Wait...wait..wai- you..mean to tell me you are so desperate for a defense that you are stooping to below Bottom of The Barrel Utter Bullshit tactics like saying that because McClane's franchise is older, that somehow in-universe that makes him more experienced? What? laughing out loud

Let's look at this for a second. Die Hard came out in
1988. Now Wikipedia states to me that McClane was born in 1954, which would make him 34 at the time of the DH1, and 53 in Live Free or Die Hard. That means he has stopped 4 terrorist attacks in a span of 19 years

Now let's look at Bauer. Now unlike the Die Hard franchise, whose timeline you just told me coincided with the release years of the films, 24 has it's own fictional timeline. Bauer was born in 1966. He was 35 at the start of Day 1, which took place in 2000 (after which he was already a retired Delta Force and CIA Black Ops veteran), and thus was 49 in 2015, when the 8th season took place. That means he stopped eight (FAR worse than ANY of McClane's villains) terrorist attacks in a span of 15 years.

Clearly Bauer is the more experienced person here

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:54 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

No. There were multiple ones. Matter of fact, you can see them for yourself. I have a nice little VYAATW right in my sig that will show you an hour of nothing but Bauer's feats (and it's not even all of them)
Well Ive got 4 DVDs totalling more than 8 hours showing McClane's...! And thats not even all of his feats. He was promoted between movies and he carried on working all the way.

quote:

4(maybe 5) whole movies. I'll assume each film is 2 hours long.

McClane=10 hours in feats against enemies below 24 villain's caliber

Bauer has had 8 consecutive seasons (each season a serial arc which allows each season to count as a "film", which you can ask anybody who watched the show can tell you), each 24 hours long

Bauer=192 hours in feats against enemies whom McClane would shit his pants if he went up against.

And you base your theory of McClaneic effluence ejection on what exactly...?
Guess you failed to see how cool he was under pressure.
And youre counting season 1? lol
What sort of desperate, low down shenaniganry is that?!!?

quote:

Oh no. It's too late for you to try to gimp Bauer feat's now. What matters are the onscreen feats, and Bauer has more of them. I've even compiled a VYAATW of some of them.

1) Im not gimping.
2) MVF rules dictate. Not me.
3) See my first answer

quote:

laughing....Wait...wait..wai- you..mean to tell me you are so desperate for a defense that you are stooping to below Bottom of The Barrel Utter Bullshit tactics like saying that because McClane's franchise is older, that somehow in-universe that makes him more experienced? What? laughing out loud

Nope. He age makes him more experienced, if anything by your 'logic'. smile

quote:

Let's look at this for a second. Die Hard came out in
1988. Now Wikipedia states to me that McClane was born in 1954, which would make him 34 at the time of the DH1, and 53 in Live Free or Die Hard. That means he has stopped 4 terrorist attacks in a span of 19 years

...that were featured in movies. And thats soon gonna be 5.

quote:

Now let's look at Bauer. Now unlike the Die Hard franchise, whose timeline you just told me coincided with the release years of the films, 24 has it's own fictional timeline. Bauer was born in 1966. He was 35 at the start of Day 1, which took place in 2000 (after which he was already a retired Delta Force and CIA Black Ops veteran), and thus was 49 in 2015, when the 8th season took place. That means he stopped eight (FAR worse than ANY of McClane's villains) terrorist attacks in a span of 15 years.

Clearly Bauer is the more experienced person here

Nah. Especially considering DH5 is coming out.
McClane was a lone wolf. Didnt have even a hundredth of the help that Bauer got. Extra McWin with a side order of "Yippeekiyay motherf**ker" and fries.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 01:15 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Well Ive got 4 DVDs totalling more than 8 hours showing McClane's...! And thats not even all of his feats. He was promoted between movies and he carried on working all the way.

Well I'm poor, so I use Netflix, but DVD wise, (coming straight from the source), if I did have the money for it, I could have 55 DVDs worth if I bought each did individual set, or 56 if I decided to go with the whole collection, totaling more than 192 hours showing Bauer's...! And that's not even all of his feats. He was promoted in between and during seasons through video games, novels, and such, and he on carried on working all the way

Guess you failed to see how cool he was under pressure.

Cool enough to take a time out and cry?

And youre counting season 1? lol

Right at the beginning of the VYAATW (I placed the feats in order of their onscreen appearance, except for one scene in which Jack axes a man in the chest, which he did earlier in the season than when I placed it), has S1 Jack manhandling a squad of Serb mercenaries becuase they f**ked with his loved ones

What sort of desperate, low down shenaniganry is that?!!?

As desperate as ignoring Bauer's feats completely even though I've directly given them to you and saying that because Bauer is a primarily television character, he is somehow below McClane? No. Not that depserate

1) Im not gimping.

Which you immediately contradict with...

2) MVF rules dictate. Not me.

...which you are using as an excuse to gimp Bauer. I don't mind it, but as long as you admit that, if we did count Bauer's TV feats, that he would pawn McClane

3) See my first answer

See my video

Nope. He age makes him more experienced, if anything by your 'logic'. smile

No. If McClane was a counterterrorist for a living, like Bauer is, then his age in the field would give him experience, but McClane came across those four events randomly and if he didn't he would have gone along with his NYPD cop (non-counterterrorism) business. His only experience came from those 4 events. In between, there is nothing to suggest he did any sort of counterterrorism.

Meanwhile Jack has years of being a black ops vet and counterterrorist for a living and not only garners experience from those 8 events, but also relies on his experience as a black ops vet, LAPD SWAT officer (oh, so wait, Jack was a cop too, and an even better one at that, no kidding...) to help him take on threats far worse than anything McLame faces in the time it takes for McClane to pluck the glass out his feet

...that were featured in movies. And thats soon gonna be 5.

12 hours. Comapred to 192.... Yay? confused

Nah. Especially considering DH5 is coming out.

The 24 film is coming out as well. Keifer is just busy with other projects at the moment. You can't blame him that he can find good work because he is an excellent actor

McClane was a lone wolf.

So was Jack, if you weren't so scared to watch the VYAATW, you'd clearly see that.

See, unlike some reckless cop like McClane, an experienced professional Jack can work both solo and head of a team because he knows it means more effectively saving lives. And note he doesn't cry about his injuries and selfishly ***** and moan about how his job was supposed to be easy.

Didnt have even a hundredth of the help that Bauer got.

Well McClane hasn't taken on even a hundredth of the level of threat Bauer has faced (and need I keep telling you, Bauer finds CTU's leads for them), so your point is moot

Extra McWin with a side order of "Yippeekiyay motherf**ker" and fries.

No thanks. Bauer is an busy man and doesn't eat such crappy junk food. He'll gladly just be dining on McClane's throat. Thanks for footing the bill, though!

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 8th, 2012 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 02:20 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well I'm poor, so I use Netflix, but DVD wise, (coming straight from the source), if I did have the money for it, I could have 55 DVDs worth if I bought each did individual set, or 56 if I decided to go with the whole collection, totaling more than 192 hours showing Bauer's...! And that's not even all of his feats. He was promoted in between and during seasons through video games, novels, and such, and he on carried on working all the way

Oh good. Then you would get to see him let his search for his daughter take emotional precidence for him in the 1st episode, and wait 6 seasons for him to actually get to McClane level.

quote:

Cool enough to take a time out and cry?

Yep.
Thats also the Ichi thing, like I said.
Notice that it happened only the once. Thats some Tzu-style purging there.

quote:

Right at the beginning of the VYAATW (I placed the feats in order of their onscreen appearance, except for one scene in which Jack axes a man in the chest, which he did earlier in the season than when I placed it), has S1 Jack manhandling a squad of Serb mercenaries becuase they f**ked with his loved ones

quote:

As desperate as ignoring Bauer's feats completely even though I've directly given them to you and saying that because Bauer is a primarily television character, he is somehow below McClane? No. Not that depserate
Primarily? Oh...what movie was he in then?

quote:

Which you immediately contradict with...

Nope.

quote:

...which you are using as an excuse to gimp Bauer. I don't mind it, but as long as you admit that, if we did count Bauer's TV feats, that he would pawn McClane

Well naturally, I dont. Cause of logic. smile

quote:

See my video

See the Die Hard movies.

quote:

No. If McClane was a counterterrorist for a living, like Bauer is, then his age in the field would give him experience, but McClane came across those four events randomly and if he didn't he would have gone along with his NYPD cop (non-counterterrorism) business. His only experience came from those 4 events. In between, there is nothing to suggest he did any sort of counterterrorism.

And yet If Bauer were McClane (Even though they tried to make him so, hes not) he'd win this.

quote:

Meanwhile Jack has years of being a black ops vet and counterterrorist for a living and not only garners experience from those 8 events, but also relies on his experience as a black ops vet, LAPD SWAT officer (oh, so wait, Jack was a cop too, and an even better one at that, no kidding...) to help him take on threats far worse than anything McLame faces in the time it takes for McClane to pluck the glass out his feet

And you assume that if a superhuman with godmojo like McClane walked the same path that he'd fail, yet Bauer would walk DH....hahahahaha lol

quote:

12 hours. Comapred to 192.... Yay? confused

Cause McClane is that much more effective, of course.

quote:

The 24 film is coming out as well. Keifer is just busy with other projects at the moment. You can't blame him that he can find good work because he is an excellent actor

Well when it does he'll qualify.
Yes I agree that Kiefer is an excellent actor. As was his father..

quote:

So was Jack, if you weren't so scared to watch the VYAATW, you'd clearly see that.

Fear has nothing to do with it. Sorry you are too scared to accept that.

quote:

See, unlike some reckless cop like McClane, an experienced professional Jack can work both solo and head of a team because he knows it means more effectively saving lives. And note he doesn't cry about his injuries and selfishly ***** and moan about how his job was supposed to be easy.

Reckless hohohoho He isnt as reckless as you made out.
This is why he ducked out of the boardroom after Takagi, whereas by your logic, Bauer would have ran in all guns blazing and would have had trouble sitting forever more due to the massive lead suppository he would then be treated to. smile

quote:

Well McClane hasn't taken on even a hundredth of the level of threat Bauer has faced (and need I keep telling you, Bauer finds CTU's leads for them), so your point is moot

Both statements are in your opinion.

quote:

No thanks. Bauer is an busy man and doesn't eat such crappy junk food. He'll gladly just be dining on McClane's throat. Thanks for footing the bill, though!

Yeah running around pretending to be McClane work up a big appetite. Have that one on him.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 02:46 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Oh good. Then you would get to see him let his search for his daughter take emotional precidence for him in the 1st episode, and wait 6 seasons for him to actually get to McClane level.

Dude reaches McClane level at the end of Day 1, as shown by the beginning of the VYAATW, rises past it in the beginning of Day 2, when he saves millions from a nuclear bomb, and then exceeds in the later half of Day 2 when he (and I mean he alone, because nobody at CTU believed him and he had absolutely no resources) alone stopped WWIII.

Then Day 3 comes in and he stops a continental pandemic and at that point, McClane isn't even on his radar.

Yep.
Thats also the Ichi thing, like I said.
Notice that it happened only the once. Thats some Tzu-style purging there.

Jack has lots of time to meditate...later. Because right now that is time that could be wasted to save lives

Primarily? Oh...what movie was he in then?

24: Redemption. He also is the protagonist of a video game and a vast series of novels

Nope.
Well naturally, I dont. Cause of logic smile

Indeed. The Cause of your epic fail in logic comes from the fact that you are frightened to the watch the video because screenfeats do not lie

See the Die Hard movies.

Oh good. Then I would get to see McClane's bitching about his wife and his situation take emotional precidence for him in the first 2 movies, and wait until the very last film for him to actually get to a villain that even barely resembles a Bauer-level threat

And yet If Bauer were McClane (Even though they tried to make him so, hes not) he'd win this.

Yeah.

What are you saying? That the fact that he was trained as a counter terrorist, rather than being trapped in a situation, somehow makes him lesser? How does training count as a disadvantage? You might as well be saying McClane is better than Bourne because Bourne had to receive Treadstone training? Not only does that argument make no sense, but I've (and the video) already established, Bauer takes on far worse threats than anything McClane's faced.

I love how you're all "YEAHZ!!MCCLANE SAVED THE EAASTBOARD!!KOOLZ!! Yet when I stated that Jack has saved the continent, you're like "Hmm.."

Total hyprocrisy

And you assume that if a superhuman with godmojo like McClane walked the same path that he'd fail, yet Bauer would walk DH....hahahahaha lol

Well I've already established that 24 plots are far more difficult than any DH film, so...yeah

Bauer>>>24 villain
24 villain>>>Simon
Simon>>>McClane (since he ended up capturing him and Zeus and lost due to sheer stupidity, which even you admitted)

laughing you keep on thinking under that ridiculous notion that the DH films and villains are more strenuous than each 24 season

Cause McClane is that much more effective, of course.

Cause McClane has never taken on plots of Bauer's level, of course

Well when it does he'll qualify.

Qualifies for what? He's a better character across any medium. That's how it is.

Fear has nothing to do with it. Sorry you are too scared to accept that.

So you are going to ignore Bauer's feats? Okay...laughing out loud

Reckless hohohoho He isnt as reckless as you made out.
This is why he ducked out of the boardroom after Takagi, whereas by your logic, Bauer would have ran in all guns blazing and would have had trouble sitting forever more due to the massive lead suppository he would then be treated to. smile

Nah. Bauer's a master of quick attrition.

Both statements are in your opinion.

They are fact until you disprove them
108 nuclear meltdowns >>>One nuclear meltdown.

Yeah running around pretending to be McClane work up a big appetite. Have that one on him.

As I've stated before, Bauer is a member of the exclusive JB Club, which only includes masters like James Bond and Jason Bourne. McClane would be an insult to them

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 03:19 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Dude reaches McClane level at the end of Day 1, as shown by the beginning of the VYAATW, rises past it in the beginning of Day 2, when he saves millions from a nuclear bomb, and then exceeds in the later half of Day 2 when he (and I mean he alone, because nobody at CTU believed him and he had absolutely no resources) alone stopped WWIII.

Then Day 3 comes in and he stops a continental pandemic and at that point, McClane isn't even on his radar.

McClane required not a day. For he is and always was McClane.

quote:

Jack has lots of time to meditate...later. Because right now that is time that could be wasted to save lives
In the afterlife after his many deaths. Yes.

quote:

24: Redemption. He also is the protagonist of a video game and a vast series of novels
So what McClane features in many of the same mediums.
And so did Pacman. ('cept the novels, in Pacman's case)

quote:

Indeed. The Cause of your epic fail in logic comes from the fact that you are frightened to the watch the video because screenfeats do not lie

Im a very busy guy who devotes time when he can. Fear has nothing to do with it.

quote:

Oh good. Then I would get to see McClane's bitching about his wife and his situation take emotional precidence for him in the first 2 movies, and wait until the very last film for him to actually get to a villain that even barely resembles a Bauer-level threat

Yet he still saved her and all else and barbequed the nuts of his enemies...go figure.

quote:

What are you saying? That the fact that he was trained as a counter terrorist, rather than being trapped in a situation, somehow makes him lesser? How does training count as a disadvantage? You might as well be saying McClane is better than Bourne because Bourne had to receive Treadstone training? Not only does that argument make no sense, but I've (and the video) already established, Bauer takes on far worse threats than anything McClane's faced.

I love how you're all "YEAHZ!!MCCLANE SAVED THE EAASTBOARD!!KOOLZ!! Yet when I stated that Jack has saved the continent, you're like "Hmm.."

Total hyprocrisy
[/quote]
Nope. Firstly, the collapse of the American economy would have ruined the world. Secondly, One reactor or not, the fallout would have fubared the United States, which including all connected land mass is a continent. Hmmmmmm.
[/quote]

quote:

Well I've already established that 24 plots are far more difficult than any DH film, so...yeah

Probably not for McClane.

[/quote]
Bauer>>>24 villain
24 villain>>>Simon
Simon>>>McClane (since he ended up capturing him and Zeus and lost due to sheer stupidity, which even you admitted)

laughing you keep on thinking under that ridiculous notion that the DH films and villains are more strenuous than each 24 season
[/quote]

Allowed like Black Widow allowed herself to, in order to interogate her intergators.

quote:

Cause McClane has never taken on plots of Bauer's level, of course

And vice versa.

quote:

Qualifies for what? He's a better character across any medium. That's how it is.

IE hes died so many times that you require a medium to speak to him half the time. Yeah

quote:

So you are going to ignore Bauer's feats? Okay...laughing out loud

Of course. They are in a TV show. This is a movie versus forum.

quote:

Nah. Bauer's a master of quick attrition.

20 months? lol

quote:

They are my hypothesis and remain so until I prove them

fixed....and you're welcome.

quote:

108 nuclear meltdowns >>>One nuclear meltdown.

Once you are on top of one, its all the same kettle of three eyed fish.
quote:

As I've stated before, Bauer is a member of the exclusive JB Club, which only includes masters like James Bond and Jason Bourne. McClane would be an insult to them

You left out Justin Beiber...! And lets not reverse those initials for decency's sake.

McClane has his own club. It has one member. And it rules.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 8th, 2012 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 03:57 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

McClane required not a day. For he is and always was McClane.

Too bad he wasn't facing a complex plot like Jack was.

Assassination of POTUS>>>>>>Robbery disguised as terrorist siege

In the afterlife after his many deaths. Yes.

Sorry, Jack doesn't have time for the afterlife. He doesn't have time to take a time out to cry about his foot either

So what McClane features in many of the same mediums.

And yet still doesn't have the amount of feats or gone after worse enemies than Bauer

And so did Pacman. ('cept the novels, in Pacman's case)

What does Pacman have to do with anything? Your strawmanning is making you look utterly foolish

Im a very busy guy who devotes time when he can. Fear has nothing to do with it.

And yet you had time to reply to this thread

barbequed the nuts of his enemies...go figure.

Pavel Tokarev has some stuff to tell you if you think "BBQiung the nuts of enemies" is impressive compared to what Bauer does to those who wrong him

Nope. Firstly, the collapse of the American economy would have ruined the world. Secondly, One reactor or not, the fallout would have fubared the United States, which including all connected land mass is a continent.

He did that once, for the first time when he was 53? Bauer's been doing it...his entire career since he was 35? Hmmmmmm.

When McClane does it FIVE more times, then he might be able to rise to Bauer's level. Until then, McClane's just a chump to big dogs like Bauer

Probably not for McClane.

Who couldn't even solve Simon's plot.

Allowed like Black Widow allowed herself to, in order to interogate her intergators.

That's not what happened in that scene at all. Stop making up lies to cover McClane's ass. It's uncouth in a debate. And don't insult Natasha by comparing her McClane. It's as insulting as calling her a mewling quim

And vice versa.

How do you figure that? Bauer's taken on far worse threats. Matter of fact, he took on a villain with the exact same plot as Gabriel (use magic tech to destroy the infrastructure). Took him 10 hours to whoop that terrorist's ass and get the tech back. He's also taken on terrorist who have threatened 108 nuclear power plants with nuclear meltdowns

"Contact Bauer. Either he finds the people responsible for planting the override, or we're looking a nuclear holocaust." -
Secretary of Defense James Heller

Of course. They are in a TV show. This is a movie versus forum.

I'm taking this as admission that you are gimping Bauer because he is better

20 months? lol

I don't recall that season of 24

fixed....and you're welcome.

Once you are on top of one, its all the same kettle of three eyed fish

How?
108>>>>>....1

You left out Justin Beiber...! And lets not reverse those initials for decency's sake.

Justin Beiber's not a fictional character. And reversal of the initials excludes all of them from the club, since those aren't their initials

McClane has his own club. It has one member.

McClane is one to fap to members, isn't he... wink

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 09:23 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

[QUOTE=13887855]Originally posted by Lestov16
Too bad he wasn't facing a complex plot like Jack was.
[/i]
quote:

To bad he has, and you can't/won't acknowledge it.

quote:

Assassination of POTUS>>>>>>Robbery disguised as terrorist siege

If you like. I disagree. Oswald managed (if you believe that.) He was a schmoe with a bolt action, according to that version, so whay not.
Yes the Nakatomi incident (being the most base level thing McClane faced) was more complicated than that version of events.

quote:

Sorry, Jack doesn't have time for the afterlife. He doesn't have time to take a time out to cry about his foot either

Well what was 24 after the 1st time his heart stopped then?
McClane never cried about his foot.

quote:

And yet still doesn't have the amount of feats or gone after worse enemies than Bauer

In your opinion. In mine they were just TV villains/TV fodder. Which, of course, they were. smile

quote:

What does Pacman have to do with anything? Your amusifying in an attempt to bring levity to this thread, that has so blatantly gone over my head as Im getting way too serious is making me look foolish...

Agreed there.

quote:

And yet you had time to reply to this thread

Well luckily, the answers flow naturally, due to lack of challenge. stick out tongue Really though, given that the vid you site is an hour long, thats some difference. But dont worry: Soon this will consume more time than Ive got and you will be able to use that fact to declare with fists beating on chest that you have somehow won due to the lack of interested opposing debators. And that anyone not caught in a loop of trollism has "pussied out due to being wrong" somehow in your book... smile

quote:

Pavel Tokarev has some stuff to tell you if you think "BBQiung the nuts of enemies" is impressive compared to what Bauer does to those who wrong him

A euphymism of course, that is obvious to anyone who has actually seen the DH movies.

quote:

He did that once, for the first time when he was 53? Bauer's been doing it...his entire career since he was 35? Hmmmmmm.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:
When McClane does it FIVE more times, then he might be able to rise to Bauer's level. Until then, McClane's just a chump to big dogs like Bauer

Look. Who's poster your semen hits, as you lay dreaming of message board dominance is of no interest to me.
You like Jack Bauer. We get it.

quote:

Who couldn't even solve Simon's plot.

Well Mcclane did, and Im guaranteeing that his riddles/plan caught you out the 1st time through...as it did to all watching.

quote:

That's not what happened in that scene at all. Stop making up lies to cover McClane's ass. It's uncouth in a debate. And don't insult Natasha by comparing her McClane. It's as insulting as calling her a mewling quim

Hey you're are the one bring in offensive names for females here in rage over fictional characters. Not i.

quote:

How do you figure that? Bauer's taken on far worse threats. Matter of fact, he took on a villain with the exact same plot as Gabriel (use magic tech to destroy the infrastructure). Took him 10 hours to whoop that terrorist's ass and get the tech back. He's also taken on terrorist who have threatened 108 nuclear power plants with nuclear meltdowns

'Cause its like saying: "Wow 356 bullets through the brain is way worse than 5." Well nope. 'Cause you're still dead after the minimal amount of the two, right...?!

quote:

"Contact Bauer. Either he finds the people responsible for planting the override, or we're looking a nuclear holocaust." -
Secretary of Defense James Heller

Oh my god. It just goes on and on!

quote:

I'm taking this as admission that you are gimping Bauer because he is better

Well lets look at this objectively. Firstly, you are falsely attaching the word "gimping" to something it doesn't apply to...
Secondly. No he is not better.

quote:

I don't recall that season of 24

Given that you rate Bauer over McClane, Im surprised you remember any of them...!

quote:

How?
108>>>>>....1

Well in order to explain this to yourself, you must get contaminated point blank by a massive meltdown, and then compare this to 107 more.

Dont fancy it...?

Oh well then, we'll just assume Im right then, shall we....? stick out tongue

quote:

Justin Beiber's not a fictional character. And reversal of the initials excludes all of them from the club, since those aren't their initials

McClane is one to fap to members, isn't he... wink

Or IS he? shifty
Well they ARE. Just reversed.
Note that reversing them didnt make them "XP or LD". no. It made "BJ". Live with it...! laughing out loud

Now now. So badly have you failed to make your point in debate, that you now have to cast aspersions on McClane's sexuality that thinking that even if he were to wake each morning dancing his way to his first beer to the tune of YMCA and the rest of the collective works of the village people, that this would somehow diminish his ability to be better than Bauer. And you'd be wrong too, cause of moviescreen feats....
Shame. I think you can do better than that.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 9th, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 12:35 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

If you like. I disagree. Oswald managed (if you believe that.) He was a schmoe with a bolt action, according to that version, so whay not.

laughing Dude, You're horribly strawmanning again. You've some how deluded yourself to come to the conclusion that just because JFK was assassinated:

any assassin of a fictional president=LHO

What type of logic are using?

Yes the Nakatomi incident (being the most base level thing McClane faced) was more complicated than that version of events.

No it wasn't.

Assassination of POTUS>>>>>>....robbery

Well what was 24 after the 1st time his heart stopped then?

Bauer telling the afterlife for the one and only time
"LEAVE ME THE PHUCK ALONE"

which is why he has never died, even after being stabbed in the stomach twice

In my opinion, they were just TV villains/TV fodder

Which, no offense, doesn't mean dick in an objective debate

Your amusifying in an attempt to bring levity to this thread, that has so blatantly gone over my head as Im getting way too serious is making me look foolish...

I'm approaching this thread as anyone would approach a Versus thread on this forum.

Well luckily, the answers flow naturally, due to lack of challenge. stick out tongue Really though, given that the vid you site is an hour long, thats some difference. But dont worry: Soon this will consume more time than Ive got and you will be able to use that fact to declare with fists beating on chest that you have somehow won due to the lack of interested opposing debators. And that anyone not caught in a loop of trollism has "pussied out due to being wrong" somehow in your book... smile

Hey if you can't win,...Quit! That's an excellent motto smile

A euphymism of course, that is obvious to anyone who has actually seen the DH movies.

laughing total hyprocrisy coming from a guy who won't even look at feats that were directly compiled to see

Look. Who's poster your semen hits, as you lay dreaming of message board dominance is of no interest to me.

laughing total hyprocrisy coming from a guy who wishes he was McClane's right testicle

You like Jack Bauer. We get it.

What does that have to do with this thread? How are you accusing me fanboyism when all I've done is post empirical evidence, whereas you have just been saying "MCCLANE GETZ THA MCWINZ WIT THA MCFRIES!!!"

Also, before you accuse one of fanboyism, let's take a look at the guy who actually said that McClane could take on Jason Bourne laughing

Well Mcclane did, and Im guaranteeing that his riddles/plan caught you out the 1st time through...as it did to all watching.

Bauer's taken on Marwan, whose plan was far more complex.

McClane=Unimpressive

Hey you're are the one bring in offensive names for females here in rage over fictional characters. Not i.

A reference of course, that is obvious to anyone who has actually seen The Avengers. My amusifying in an attempt to bring levity to this thread, that has so blatantly gone over your head as you're getting way too serious, is making you look foolish...

'
Cause its like saying: "Wow 356 bullets through the brain is way worse than 5." Well nope. 'Cause you're still dead after the minimal amount of the two, right...?!

Well 5 bullets in the head will kill you. 356 will decimate your entire head into a bloody stump

and you used a horrible analogy laughing out loud

Well lets look at this objectively. Firstly, you are falsely attaching the word "gimping" to something it doesn't apply to...
Secondly. No he is not better.

Well let's look at this objectively. In order to look at something objectively, you need to be able to see it from all sides. Now I've sen both franchises, so I look at this objectively.

You on the other hand are incapable of being objective. You've only seen one side of tale (which you are clearly biased against) and are ignoring blatantly posted evidence, and thus have incomplete knowledge

Thus, objectively, your "opinion" means diddly squat

And in order to know he is not better, you have to know what's done, feats which you are willingly choose to ignore because you are scared

Given that you rate Bauer over McClane, Im surprised you remember any of them...!

Well hey, if I forget, i can easily just click on the video I made

Well in order to explain this to yourself, you must get contaminated point blank by a massive meltdown, and then compare this to 107 more.!

If one nuclear meltdown could destroy the US, 108 would wipe out the world, considering that the fallout of 108 meltdowns isn't just going to stay contained to North America. It would disperse. It's simple logic. Oh yeah, you think McClane can beat Bourne. You don't operate by that, I forgot stick out tongue

Oh well then, we'll just assume Im right then, shall we....?

You haven't even seen all the evidence, so until then, any judgement you make means jack shit

Note that reversing them didnt make them "XP or LD". no. It made "BJ". Live with it...! laughing out loud

I am so glad that you have have finally reached the intellectual capacity of a 4th grader. Congratulations on that!

that this would somehow diminish his ability to be better than Bauer.

Of course it won't diminish it. You can't lose what you never had...

And you'd be wrong too, cause of screen feats....

Which you are ignoring

Shame. I think you can do better than that.

I did. I put Bauer's feats in a video

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 12:42 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Right.

Comes down to this: Bauer wishes he were McClane.
And thats right fist.

I see no reason why I should put all of my time into debate when each post has become a novel in size, seemingly deliberately to force me into a position where my time cannot be devoted to it so you can claim a troll 'victory' which is all you want, as evidence but the HP vs SW style multiple Bauer/McClane threads.
Bauer couldnt be proven to be able to do the diehard marathon so you switched to this.
Its clearly tremendously important to you that you must have 'Bauer' win, even when all your points have been argued against.
So whatever man. You seem an ok guy. Believe whatever you want to, go and live a fruitful life and enjoy your time instead of preoccupying it with silly fictional character duels/dick waving contests.
Take it from a guy who wasted 2 years on this stuff when he had less going on. Peace. smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 01:29 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Right.

Comes down to this: Bauer wishes he were McClane.
And thats right fist.

I see no reason why I should put all of my time into debate when each post has become a novel in size, seemingly deliberately to force me into a position where my time cannot be devoted to it so you can claim a troll 'victory' which is all you want, as evidence but the HP vs SW style multiple Bauer/McClane threads.
Bauer couldnt be proven to be able to do the diehard marathon so you switched to this.
Its clearly tremendously important to you that you must have 'Bauer' win, even when all your points have been argued against.
So whatever man. You seem an ok guy. Believe whatever you want to, go and live a fruitful life and enjoy your time instead of preoccupying it with silly fictional character duels/dick waving contests.
Take it from a guy who wasted 2 years on this stuff when he had less going on.

You haven't even seen all the evidence, so until then, any judgement you make means jack shit

Peace. smile

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 01:37 PM