KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jack Bauer vs John McClane

Jack Bauer vs John McClane
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (51): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Classy.

I think you mean 'Jack's shit' (against McClane, anyhow.) smile

Thats the problem with mixing movie based stuff with TV series stuff.
Who really can be bothered with it all...?

And theres still theres no evidence presented that any of that working on McClane specifically, anyway.

Remember the CM 20 bit in Aliens? About "rolling the cannisters in and nerve gassing the entire nest?" and "Well how do we know it'd even effect them?"
Against McClane, you gotta nuke from orbit (and even then you probably wouldnt be able to be sure...)

For all you know, against a guy as lucky as McClane, Bauer could trip on his own shoelace and break his neck.

The guy made a pact with god in DH1 just prior to the firehose bit. And lo and behold he lives through all kinds of crazy shit that would kill anyone else... hes McUnkillable.
So in the face of that, I guess that means that any countering arguement literally does mean 'Jack shit'.

Bauer might as well have been Carrie Fisher or an Illinois Nazi or Redneck trying to kill Jake and Elwood in The Blues Brothers.

SO what 'evidence' counters THAT?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 9th, 2012 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:02 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Bauer might as well have been Carrie Fisher or an Illinois Nazi or Redneck trying to kill Jake and Elwood in The Blues Brothers.

laughing laughing
Wait...Wai...

wait....You mean to tell me that God is going to help McClane in the ring? WTF?

Wow, dude. WTF logic is this? Is Tak possessing you, because this is some very clear Desperation right here

Also, didn't The Blues Brothers end with Jake and Elwood in prison? laughing out loud

SO what 'evidence' counters THAT?

(please log in to view the image)

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 9th, 2012 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:30 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Also, in regards to

quote:
What evidence counters that?

the onscreen evidence in my video which you are ignoring.

I love how you cry screenfeats but ignore them once I present them to you giftwrapped wink

Originally posted by Lestov16
You haven't even seen all the evidence, so until then, any judgement you make means jack shit

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 9th, 2012 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:32 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Surviving but going to prison still counts in a '1st to die loses' situ.

And judging by Bauer's track record, Bauer loses twice already.

I never denied that Bauer had joy against all those sub-McClane villians from 24. So keep pimping yer vid all you like.
Still wouldn't particularly matter against McClane though.
As Bauer might as well be facing Connor McLeod with a blunt spoon.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 9th, 2012 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:38 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Oh yes, clearly two experts on the subject.

Also:

0:35- McClane puppet states that McClane doesn't need 24 hours and could wrap up two and a half tops. Bauer puppet should have stated that Bauer's taken on far worse threats and that some seasons of 24 have about 3-4 terrorist attacks , so even by that, Bauer already outclasses McClane

Then at 0:51, McClane puppet goes on a rant about HOW UNBELIEVABLE BAUER'S FEATS ARE. That's right, the puppet defending McClane is amazed by Bauer.

And how are the villains sub-McCl...

oh, wait, I forgot, your opinion doesn't matter

quote:
You haven't even seen all the evidence, so until then, any judgement you make means jack shit

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:54 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yet they matter twice as much as yours. Go figure, hypocritical evidence ignorer. stick out tongue

Rooftop. Pact.With.God/Unseen Forces*=Results seen on screen for the last half hour of DH1, and DH's 2-4 so far.
"Please god..dont let me die"
"Oh John what the **** are you doing...if I live I'll never set foot on a tall building ever again" etc
And yes, the pro Mcclane puppet is more clued up than the one drinking the horse piss.

* May actually be Satan, as according to Zeus in DH3, "Not even God knows" what McClane is doing....

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 9th, 2012 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:57 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I haven't ignored any evidence you haven't presented

Rooftop Pact With God= Desperation of the highest form. Even if that was true (which it isn't), you are stating that McClane was so hopelessly lost that he had to have God (of the DH universe, who is not going to be with during this Versus Match) intervene on his behalf because he is so incompetent he couldn't handle the job himself

laughing You are actually trying to submit a joke Youtube Video as actual evidence laughing out loud

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:03 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I haven't ignored any evidence you haven't presented

Rooftop Pact With God= Desperation of the highest form. Even if that was true (which it isn't), you are stating that McClane was so hopelessly lost that he had to have God (of the DH universe, who is not going to be with during this Versus Match) intervene on his behalf because he is so incompetent he couldn't handle the job himself

laughing You are actually trying to submit a joke Youtube Video as actual evidence laughing out loud

Yeah he was desperate. And judging by every single thing that happened after that in all his films after that point, it looks like it worked. And you have not disproved that.
Ah...trying to gimp god, as well as McClane, eh? Sounds kind of desperate to me.

Nope thats not what I did at all. I was highlighting the levels of dumb that this has fallen into, and laughing at it..(Able to do so as I have perspective still and a sense of humour.)

I have to assume at this point that your efforts are a loving tribute to the works of the late, great Edward Khil.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 9th, 2012 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:06 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

God of the DH films will not be helping him, so since you've admitted he has no skills to fall back on, he'll be getting pawned in every event in this thread

How? At any of that? I've been approaching this as a respectable versus debate, presenting evidence and highlighting feats. All you've presented was an amateur youtube video with puppets laughing out loud

And how do you have anything resembling an objective perspective when you actually stated that McClane can beat Jason Bourne laughing out loud

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:12 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I wouldn't admit to such an obvious lie, as its bereft of truth.

Nope. It wasnt presented as evidence. I guess the Python vid also counted as evidence right? laughing out loud Strawman.

How can you deny McHate when blindly asserting that he can't beat Bourne...? Besides I didnt make that thread. And for every thread there has to be two opposing views expressed.
Nice continuing strawman, btw

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 9th, 2012 at 03:20 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:18 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

What skills? You've already attributed God to all the amazing things he does

So you've presented no evidence. That just makes it better doesn't it wink

The fact that you think he has even a slight chance of beating Bourne in anything tells how much bias you have smile

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:22 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Not all, just the aiding and abbetting aspect.
IE If Mcclane sat on that rooftop fatalistically expecting god to magically kill the FBI snipers, and save him fro the soon to ensue C4 mushroom cloud that would soon be on him, he'd have blown up.
Or if in the tunnel In DH4.0 he'd have prayed that helicopter fell out of the sky or that he stood waiting for that car to magically not smack him and Matthew in the face in the tunnel whilst not ducking between the cars, he'd have been pavement pizza. But the unseen force (call it astronomical, mathematically anomalous luck) sees to aid and abet/augment his efforts with success allowing for what can only be described as McMiracles to take place regularly. This is all patently and blatantly obvious to anyone who has paid attention to the movies.

With McClane and Die Hard, you dont have to present it. For its very obvious. Your lungs dont have to be 'presented' with air in order for you to breathe. You just breathe it. But anyways. Ive constantly presented evidence, as others have all along.
You just willfully don't see it.

And you rely on an overly long, comparatively more obscure TV series as your argument.

Actually the reverse is true for you, in your McActribute denying hatred. As I said, and as you prove with your every post..
Your trolling style kinda relies on that.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:33 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Not But the unseen force (call it astronomical, mathematically anomalous luck) sees to aid and abet/augment his efforts with success allowing for what can only be described as McMiracles to take place regularly.

So.....luck laughing out loud

Your lungs dont have to be 'presented' with air in order for you to breathe. You just breathe it.

laughing out loud Do you realize the fail in that statement?

But anyways. Ive constantly presented evidence, as others have all along.
You just willfully don't see it.

quote:
Actually the reverse is true for you, in your McActribute denying hatred. As I said, and as you prove with your every post..
Your trolling style kinda relies on that.

My trolling style relies on presenting empirical evidence and stating feats, as any other debate? Oh crazy!

I guess I could have the trolling style of pretending to be an expert on a subject despite ignoring evidence that obviously prove me wrong, and making up horribly stupid arguments like:
And you rely on an overly long, comparatively more obscure TV series as your argument.

But that would just be pathetic debating wink

Get back to me when you watch the video, or do something to become aware of Bauer's feats. Until then

quote:

Toodles smile

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 9th, 2012 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 09:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

What skills?

Really, dude? Are you saying McClane is now a non-skilled sap?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 09:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

No. Saddy informed me that whenever McClane is caught in a jam,

astronomical, mathematically anomalous luck

comes in to bail him out. I'm just trying to find out that if this true, where does McClane's skill factor into getting him out of situations, if luck were not there to help him?

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 09:12 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

And any cop skills McClane has pale in comparison to the Delta Force/ LAPD SWAT training Jack has. Quite honestly, they both have the same intuition, it's just that Jack has years of honed skills to beef it up as well to a level higher than McClane's

Matter of fact, given both their propensity for disobedience and altruism, I'd say Jack is more or less what McClane would be if he had joined the military instead of the police force

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 9th, 2012 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 09:14 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Translation: "Oh Bauer... nom nom nom.....slurrrrrp" stick out tongue

Oh you bought your mug along.
How nice.

There was no fail in the statement, only your attempted retort.

McClane's jamminess/supernatural pact result is not constant. It just is.
And it's enough to balance well with his resourcefulness/skill at points..you know...the points which keep him killing bad guys and saving the day all day/night long...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 09:58 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I would respond, but I can't tell what you're saying since your mouth is on McClane's other bald head wink

It's a special gift for you. Only certain people deserve it

I'd ask how the hell you don't realize the error in your statement, but you put McClane over Bourne, so there's no telling what your logic operates by laughing out loud

It is complete speculation/ utter bullshit

As far as points go, McClane is never reaching Bauer's high score

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 10:13 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Hahahah

No I cannot accept it. It would be like leaving Beethoven without his Piano.

Screen feats. And logic. You know...the logical stuff. The stuff Spock likes.

Then it is the perfect compliment to your entire thesis.

Well were they playing pacman or something maybe..but if its being awesome, unkillable and killing bad guys then you're wrong.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 11:16 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Re: Re: Jack Bauer vs John McClane

So let's go over this one more time, for all you folks playing at home

1. H2H fight in a 12x12 ft steel cage ring
Based on screen feats (you can access the vid via my sig and I listed the most prominent places i nthe video where they happen) Bauer will overpower Mcclane and snap his neck

H2H-Bauer

2. Gunfight in Palisades mall. Both get a Beretta with 10 clips
Once again, based on screen feats you can see in my vid (and Jack has a lot of them), he is definitely the more experienced gunfighter

Gunfight-Bauer

3. Melee fight in the Initech office building
Jack is a very ruthless fighter who will opportunistically use any advantage in a fight

Melee fight- Bauer

4. Who is the better counterterrorist?

Of course
Contintential Pandemic>>>>>>>>Eastern Seabaord losing power (and 108 nuclear meltdowns>>>>>>ONE nuclear meltdown)

Better Counterterrorist- Bauer

Any questions?

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 01:38 PM