KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny Avengers
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
What's the problem? Do you idiots not know who Remender or Cassaday are? confused
**** up. I dont like the story behind uncanny avengers and I dont think it should exsist at all. Good writers can only work with crap so much.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 06:05 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by Damborgson
**** up. I dont like the story behind uncanny avengers and I dont think it should exsist at all. Good writers can only work with crap so much.

Dan Slott and OMD proves that wrong.

And arguably, so does Remender and X-force, as the whole "X-men who kill" is a pretty weak story concept in an of itself, or at least one that has been done to death in less than stellar ways before.

I mean sure it's purely your opinion, but saying there's only so much a writer can do with a poor concept isn't exactly true.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 07:38 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Seriously?

The "story" behind Uncanny X-Men is essentially a vehicle for character driven story telling, focusing on strained inter personal relationships of a group of people who don't like each other at the moment while they try to mend fences. Written by Rick Remender. But you can blood from a stone!

I question the taste and intelligence of anyone who identifies as a comic book fan, but is not excited for this book.

Go watch Naruto.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 09:18 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Seriously?

The "story" behind Uncanny X-Men is essentially a vehicle for character driven story telling, focusing on strained inter personal relationships of a group of people who don't like each other at the moment while they try to mend fences. Written by Rick Remender. But you can blood from a stone!

I question the taste and intelligence of anyone who identifies as a comic book fan, but is not excited for this book.

Go watch Naruto.

someones feathers got ruffled. How cute. (please log in to view the image)

why do you put story in " " lol? Is it not a story now? It's based on something that never was or should have been. The avengers have put themselves on the line for the mutants many times before. Even taking in the most well known mutant terrorists children into their roster. It can be rationalized however you want, but this story shouldn't have happened.

Luckily your opinion is so worthless to me I barely have the will to respond. thumb up But please continue to pretend like your something special by getting all excited for an uninteresting story and criticizng anyone who disagrees with you. After all those are sure sings of intelligence amirite?
(please log in to view the image)

Go blow Wolverine.
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Dan Slott and OMD proves that wrong.

And arguably, so does Remender and X-force, as the whole "X-men who kill" is a pretty weak story concept in an of itself, or at least one that has been done to death in less than stellar ways before.

I mean sure it's purely your opinion, but saying there's only so much a writer can do with a poor concept isn't exactly true.

If it comes out good I'll be happy. But I won't hold my breath and expect it to happen.

I'll be looking into it and if it comes out interesting, then sure I'll pick it up or buy it or something, but I'm skeptical from what has been produced lately, and I don't think I'm to off base to be so.

But like you said, it's my opinion. I certainly won't judge whoever reads or likes it even I don't.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Last edited by Damborgson on Sep 1st, 2012 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 09:35 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012...vengers_810.jpg

bleh

Well, at least... No Spider-Man.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 11:21 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Don't care for the line-up, but I will give it a chance. I have faith it still will be better then Bendis' Avengers.

Also Havok is the team leader, not Captain America which is interesting. Also this isn't the final line-up....

"Brevoort says that the six characters seen so far — Havok, Rogue, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Captain America and Thor — are not the only members of the team, and more will be showing up."

Last edited by -K-M- on Sep 1st, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 11:29 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

F the lineup look at that drawing style bleh

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 11:48 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Bouboumaster

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 11:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up thumb up thumb up
It probably won't last long so don't get your hopes up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:01 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Bouboumaster

* Spidey's been an Avenger and an FF, close ties with the X-men, but never been a member... good he's not a mutant... however, Wolverine (again) is here, oh my... an Avenger and an X-man, i bet in the next few years, he'll be in FF (not to mention he was in new FF with Hulk, Ghost Rider and uh, Spidey too)...

* i hope someday, i'll be the one to say --- "Well, at least... No Wolverine"... laughing

* seriously, this comic would the continuing epilogue for the AvX... and i hope they'll make this good... nice to see Havok leading eventhough Cap and Logan is around... good move on that part...

* also, after this event, i would be hoping that the X-men would also get its fair share of good light in the human community, another force to be depended upon when there's a threat, not only the Avengers...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:37 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm glad to see Havok, too.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:42 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

All the people jumping on the hate band wagon so fast.....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

someones feathers got ruffled. How cute. (please log in to view the image)

why do you put story in " " lol? Is it not a story now? It's based on something that never was or should have been. The avengers have put themselves on the line for the mutants many times before. Even taking in the most well known mutant terrorists children into their roster. It can be rationalized however you want, but this story shouldn't have happened.

Luckily your opinion is so worthless to me I barely have the will to respond. thumb up But please continue to pretend like your something special by getting all excited for an uninteresting story and criticizing anyone who disagrees with you. After all those are sure sings of intelligence amirite?

Go blow Wolverine.

Story is in "quotes", because that isn't what the story is about. That was a very lose premise to drive the narrative, and serve as the foundation of the actually story, which is about the reemergence of Red Skull, and his anti mutant stance. It's asinine in to judge the merits of the story under that loss premise. That's like if all you knew about Harry Potter was that it was about high school wizards, and based on that you rendered your verdict on the merits of the story.

The difference between a "terrorist" and a "freedom fighter" all comes down to the perspective of the individually who is judging. Is Nelson Mandela a terrorist? Because he lead a Guerrilla war, and engaged in arms smuggling, bombs and commanded groups that murdered under his orders. Is Magneto a terrorist, or a freedom fighter? It's up to everyone to decide on their own... but history has proven him right and vindicated him about a dozen times already... plus he has "reformed." Not that Wanda should be judged by actions of her father, anymore than Thor is responsible for the actions of his brother. Wanda has her own crosses to bare, Magneto's actions are the least of her problem.

Most people tend to get excited interesting story premises, written by one of the best writers active in the industry, drawn by one of the best writers in the industry... but I guess you are a too cool for school hipster d-bag who prefers to dismiss things off hand? That's your prerogative I guess... enjoy combing your mustache, and being terrible.

I heard Scorsese is working on another movie? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Also, just FYI its standard practice to try and top someones insult if you are going to attempt a come back. If you are complaining about a story sounding stupid... and you are rocking a set from a horribly written children's anime that makes Dragonball Z look like the work of Robert E Howard... you need to come up with a better come back then "You like Wolverine!" Believe it!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:33 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji

All the people jumping on the hate band wagon so fast.....

People are free not to like the lineup.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 06:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Still not sold on the lineup. Everything seems so forced.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:08 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
People are free not to like the lineup.

And i'm not forcing them to dislike the lineup.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What?? Anyway, I'll give it a shot. It's almost a guarantee that it will be better than Bendis's Avengers.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:51 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nobody said you were, so why whine about it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 07:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Yes, obviously people aren't going to want to read something with chars they don't like or a team they don't like. Characters do matter to people

It's writers that make you like or dislike a character. I don't like Deadpool but Remender made me like him.

Also there are reasons why he choose the line-up. Theres a lot more going on.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:31 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Deadline
It's writers that make you like or dislike a character. I don't like Deadpool but Remender made me like him.

But if you haven't liked the characters under other writers why randomly give it a try under a new one unless what he says interests you? If you don't like a team's make up, or the story idea for it obviously it's not going to be something your drawn into trying.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:33 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote