KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel

Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Critics shmitics, the only critic I kinda like is Ebert.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 08:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He's an idiot.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 08:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Whaat?! I agree with him a lot and I have been watching him since the early 90's. Some of his opinions are really weird, though.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 08:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Critics shmitics, the only critic I kinda like is Ebert.

That's fine but you by yourself can't buy enough tickets to make a movie successful. GL was obviously bad enough that less people went to see it compared to Thor and Cap. The bad reviews by critic contributed to GL's downfall since a large segment of the people does care what the critics have to say.

Critics voted with their reviews; movie goers vote with their wallet by seeing movies other than GL. If Superman had this kinda of performance against Iron Man 3, WB would close shop on movies other than Batman.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 11:13 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I never said I wanted GL to be successful in the first place. So I don't know why you're debating with me. I simply liked it more than Cap or Thor.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 12:02 AM
Senor Cage

BTW, here are my top 10 fav super hero movies:
1. Dark Knight Trilogy
2. Spider-Man 2
3. X-Men First Class
4. Batman 89
5. Avengers
6. Blade
7. Iron Man
8. Superman
9. X-2
10. Spider-Man

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 12:09 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
I never said I wanted GL to be successful in the first place. So I don't know why you're debating with me. I simply liked it more than Cap or Thor.

Why wouldn't you want Green Lantern to be successful?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 07:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I personally found Captain America to be pretty boring. And it was by far my least favorite Avenger movie. And we can't deny that part of it's success would have been due to the success of Iron Man, Thor and being the last build up to the Avengers movie. Also generally if you ask movie goers who their favorite Avenger is (from the movie) Cap's the name that's least likely to come up.

So Hype and Marketing does have an impact on box office success. Cap for instance performed better than First Class. But anyone would be mad to believe that movie goers generally think Cap is a better movie than FC.

That being said as a movie Cap was far superior to Green Lantern in every way, and like someone else pointed out Cap did justice to the character and his origin story. That's something important that GL did not do.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 11:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And certainly alot better then the 1990 cap movie.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 12:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

LOL..

But was GL better than the 1990's JLA movie?!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 01:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
Why wouldn't you want Green Lantern to be successful?

I'm tallking about that particular movie. It doesn't deserve to be successful and it wasn't.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 06:28 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I personally found Captain America to be pretty boring. And it was by far my least favorite Avenger movie. And we can't deny that part of it's success would have been due to the success of Iron Man, Thor and being the last build up to the Avengers movie. Also generally if you ask movie goers who their favorite Avenger is (from the movie) Cap's the name that's least likely to come up.

So Hype and Marketing does have an impact on box office success. Cap for instance performed better than First Class. But anyone would be mad to believe that movie goers generally think Cap is a better movie than FC.

That being said as a movie Cap was far superior to Green Lantern in every way, and like someone else pointed out Cap did justice to the character and his origin story. That's something important that GL did not do.

Agreed. I didn't find anything fun about Cap. Sure it stayed true to the character, but that doesn't mean a good movie. At least GL had some fun parts to it. It actually made me laugh in certain scenes, but it lacked epicness, which GL should have been. I think MOS will do a lot better.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 06:31 PM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

The real game for Man Of Steel is not Iron Man 3... It's Thor: The Dark World. Remember Snyder dissed Thor's 1st movie and came to make Man of Steel:

“[Superman] is the freaking […] biggest superhero on the planet. He’s the father of every superhero. [Deborah and I] were just talking about this – I’m like, really? Thor? Thor has a movie? [Laughter.] Really? I mean, come on. And there’s no Superman movie? This is, like, the world’s out of balance. It’s like, we’ve lost our minds here, people, come on.”

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 05:16 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"There's no Superman movie?"

Hasn't there been like 5 Superman movies? The last 3 of which were complete shit?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 05:18 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Superman 2 wasn't complete shit.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 05:31 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

"Last three"

5-3= 2 remaining.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 05:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

I want Man of steel to be good. When Thor 2 comes out to hammer MOS out of the box office. Synder dissed Thor, and ironically Thor will be out in Nov. But once u touch an Avenger, U face the Avengers and Iron Man gonna blow MOS of 1st. Than comes the Hammer!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 09:07 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by joesha28
I want Man of steel to be good. When Thor 2 comes out to hammer MOS out of the box office. Synder dissed Thor, and ironically Thor will be out in Nov. But once u touch an Avenger, U face the Avengers and Iron Man gonna blow MOS of 1st. Than comes the Hammer!

Good point. No one's even considered the possibility of Thor 2 beating MOS. (It's already embarrassing for Supes that Thor beat SR).

Thor made $450mill WW when Thor was a relative unknown. But after it's success and the mega success of Avengers a Thor sequel could be a rival for IM3.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 01:36 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Good point. No one's even considered the possibility of Thor 2 beating MOS. (It's already embarrassing for Supes that Thor beat SR).

Thor made $450mill WW when Thor was a relative unknown. But after it's success and the mega success of Avengers a Thor sequel could be a rival for IM3.
With adjusted ticket sales I believe that sh!tty Superman movie out grossed Thor.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 11:18 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Have to say MOS will take this after the latest trailer.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 08:14 PM