KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel

Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's how I feel about Reynolds and Hal.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 03:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Reynold's isn't a great actor to begin with. IMO.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 03:20 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Reynold's isn't a great actor to begin with. IMO.

Great? No. Good? Yes, imo. I thought he was exactly the kind of actor they needed for Hal.

Just a shame that they had a crappy script.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 03:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They should have hired better writers and got more input from DC's creators. It looks like the same people are going to produce GL 2 eek!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 03:34 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You didn't like Hugo's performance? It's up there with the best villain performances, IMO. Unfortunately, he couldn't save the movie.

Just felt like they could've done alot more with the character

movie wasn't that bad.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 03:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

It's all a matter of opinion. I don't even agree with most critics, anyway.

Apparently a lot of movie goers disagree with you on Green Lantern that's why it's box office numbers are below Cap and Thor. 58 critics on RT agree with you while 163 disagree with you. Both Thor and Cap have better ratings and box office sales than GL has to do with solid stories and characters.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 04:17 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Should'eve stuck with that Green Lantern: Secret Origin which they were using not just some of it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 04:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Apparently a lot of movie goers disagree with you on Green Lantern that's why it's box office numbers are below Cap and Thor. 58 critics on RT agree with you while 163 disagree with you. Both Thor and Cap have better ratings and box office sales than GL has to do with solid stories and characters.

And? I don't care what critics have to say. I disagree with most of them. Cap and Thor were nothing special and it shows. They're ratings aren't anything special.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 04:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Who the **** cares about RT anyway people act like that place is the voice of the world.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly can't understand how anyone would rate GL as being better than Cap or Thor.

When it wasn't butchering the lore, it was being needlessly convoluted.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:17 AM
Senor Cage

Technically, Cap was a better movie, I just enjoyed GL a little more. I'm not debating whether it was a good movie, because it was not, it's just my opinion.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:23 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji
Who the **** cares about RT anyway people act like that place is the voice of the world.

I wasn't speaking about RT. I barely go there. IMDB is where I get my movie needs.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Technically, Cap was a better movie, I just enjoyed GL a little more. I'm not debating whether it was a good movie, because it was not, it's just my opinion.

Okay, I guess...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:25 AM
Senor Cage

Not everyone is going to have the same view points, PR. Come on.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:28 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:29 AM
Senor Cage

Meaning not everyone likes Cap or Nolan's Batman or whatever.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:35 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Meaning not everyone likes Cap or Nolan's Batman or whatever.

I never said everyone had to.

I'm one of the few people who actually doesn't think as highly of Nolan's work as most.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 06:40 AM
WhiteWitchKing

And? I don't care what critics have to say. I disagree with most of them. Cap and Thor were nothing special and it shows. They're ratings aren't anything special.

Of course you don't, nobody is saying you should have an opinion. But Cap and Thor were obviously more special seeing as how both got ratings above 70%, backed by box office numbers surpassing GL, while GL got 26% . Obviously there were more favorable opinions by movie goers and critics for Thor and Cap over GL. So yes, it was as bad as people made it out to be and it shows in ratings and box office $$$. You just have a different taste then most.

People who don't want to spend time and money to find out a movie is sh!tty. Not every movie is a must see, that's why they're are critics who's job it is to watch and review these movies. While not accurate all the time, it does a give useful insights and an average of differing opinions of those who actually saw the movie. It's no different then going onto a message board like this to gauge everyone's opinion and decide whether you would want to see a movie you never heard of or are on the fence about.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 07:10 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And the thing with critics their personal tastes also comes into all, What they like in movies etc and of course everyone is different.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 07:16 AM
WhiteWitchKing

And the thing with critics their personal tastes also comes into all, What they like in movies etc and of course everyone is different.

Which is why RT is better since it's a collective meter and not any one critic deciding on a movies rating. The range of critics opinion is similar sample of the public whole. You've have your stuck up and easily satisfied critics along the those in between affecting the rating. No different than the public whose taste in film some what mirrors that.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 07:36 AM