KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's pretty crappy. Oh well, it's an option for people. If they want, they can buy it.

But I assume they make profit somehow with newer versions of the console because if they didn't, why would they bother?

Every time the release a new version, it coincides with a fairly lengthy sales decline. Their sales drop too much, they release a new version, and then people are like "oh, that's better than the previous model" and buy it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 03:13 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Hahahah. Whatever. It's dumb to complain about how a company spends it's money.

The funny thing is that they will probably make a profit on it.

Those are potential R&D, fabrication, manufacturing, and marketing funds that could have been spent on the PS4. How is that good for any consumer that is not interested in buying another PS3? That's a waste of funds to all of those looking forward towards a PS4 release (I have $300 that says that number is in the millions).

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 07:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No money is being taken away from the PS4 because of the new version.

Also, it's not as waste of funds if the new console makes a profit, which I'm assuming does.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 09:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I just don't want to have shit lying around my apartment anymore, I'd love to go all digital for games, though I am resigned to it likely not being feasible for the next generation of consoles, but for PC games I did that years ago.

Are we still talking about this topic, I only read halfway through the thread...

Last edited by Bardock42 on Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 10:04 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

No money is being taken away from the PS4 because of the new version.

I call bullshit. No way those funds did impact the amount of funds PS4 got/gets. Sony does not have a bottomless pit of funding.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2012 03:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Peach
Has Sony made a profit on any of the various PS3s yet?

The really ridiculous thing is the fact that they aren't lowering the price on the regular slim systems.
Wow thats stupid. I was willing to spend 150 bucks on a slim PS3. Ah well.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 4th, 2012 06:48 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Wii U release on Sunday! I will be there to pick it up. I played some demos on the set up gamestop has and it was pretty cool.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 10:41 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

release today! Im heading out to pick it up soon!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 04:24 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
release today! Im heading out to pick it up soon!

Soooooooooo...

Stop playing the damn games and give us an update! lol

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 01:13 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

well the system itself has only one way to sit....laying flat and it lays long ways...front to back. Side to side its thin but front to back its really long. The controller feels good in my hands also. It feel and plays like a lot more solid of a system then the Wii so far imo. The Graphics are pretty legit on the flat screen! The learning curve was so small I couldn't believe it. I kind of just picked it up and was able to get right into it. In game it was more like playing a new game and learning the buttons as apposed to learning a new controller....and speaking of new controller it is a decent size also. Kind of like "wow" when you are actually holding it. Its not too heavy or to light though either. Overall as it stands the only thing that could bring this down is a bad game library but we will have to see how that goes.

Like any game system though you get ONE controller but the tablet controller isn't sold separately yet. Though it is supposed to be backward compatible with accessories. I can't confirm or deny because I traded in the Wii towards this so I have no old accessories to try.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 04:06 PM
Peach
mordrem

It is backwards compatible with accessories - so long as your Wii remotes have the motion plus build in or as an attachment.

We've had a demo one at my store for over a month now, so yeah, I know it pretty well. It's okay.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 04:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneOfMortis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anybody else think that the Nintendo handheld console's are better than the actual consoles? Since N64 the handhelds have always had a way better gaming library.

refer to profile for my mma rankings

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 03:12 PM
TheOneOfMortis is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneOfMortis a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneOfMortis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by TheOneOfMortis
Anybody else think that the Nintendo handheld console's are better than the actual consoles? Since N64 the handhelds have always had a way better gaming library.

Yeah, but 1/3 of the handheld games are all remakes anyway.

...played OoT on 3d....am tempted to buy the damn thing just for the game.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 05:35 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneOfMortis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not the DS that had an awesome library.

3DS still has a ways to go but even igmoring remakes or stuff like new super mario bros 2 and mario kart 7 (which some peopel kinda consider remakes) it satil has all the following:

Super Mario 3D Land
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mutant Mudds
VVVVVV
Mighty Switch Force!
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Bit.Trip Saga
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

, all of which are great. It certainly kills the Sony Vita.

refer to profile for my mma rankings

Last edited by Peach on Nov 22nd, 2012 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 08:06 PM
TheOneOfMortis is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneOfMortis a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneOfMortis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Why don't they have Wii U demos in stores? I've seen a few kiosks at malls but every time I see a system in a Walmart or Target or something they only let you play videos instead of having gameplay.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 05:46 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Got my Wii U a day early- spending time getting the day one upgrade and transferring my Wii software.

That process is on the cumbersome side, but the Pikmin animation they made to show the data being transferred off the old Wii is awesome...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 04:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Barker
Why don't they have Wii U demos in stores? I've seen a few kiosks at malls but every time I see a system in a Walmart or Target or something they only let you play videos instead of having gameplay.

I don't know why, but they sent out very few demo systems. I have one at work but most stores don't. They also have only one playable demo (Rayman). Kind of annoying.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 05:09 PM
FistOfThe North

It's crazy to know that my pc in it's current state, that i've built, will be more advanced technollogically than the ps4 and the 720 when it/if comes out late next year.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 09:31 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Peach
I don't know why, but they sent out very few demo systems. I have one at work but most stores don't. They also have only one playable demo (Rayman). Kind of annoying.

Yeah, it's just weird IMO. I have a friend who works at Gamestop and she doesn't know why they don't have one either.

Seems like they'd want to show off the functionality better, otherwise it just seems like they're hiding how shit it really is or something.

That said I almost bought one.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 05:42 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
It's crazy to know that my pc in it's current state, that i've built, will be more advanced technollogically than the ps4 and the 720 when it/if comes out late next year.
whats your rig?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 07:25 PM