KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
So the third movie might have to calm the threat down a bit. Make it more of an internal problem. I think Ultron will work well for the third.

Bigger threats don't always make the superior movie. Bane was a much bigger threat than Joker. So what? TDK was still by far the superior movie Imo.

Edit- And even IF A3 can't beat A2 in awesomness, so what? It's not the end of the world. It happens a lot that the 2nd movie is the best one. Doesn't mean the 3rd movie has to suck.

That does make some sense, make the 3rd avengers about internal problems.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 04:08 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by armedforbattle
Yeah but it's not like ultron has to fight the avengers by himself. Like mentioned above ultron could steal the older iron man armors. Or he could make his own robots (setting up for the vision) ... my only concern with thanos being in avengers 2 is where are they gonna go after that? Not only can thanos wreck the avengers as they are now, they're gonna have to go even stronger for avengers 3. I mean where are they gonna go after thanos? It doesn't get much bigger than him for the avengers.
That's a problem for like 6-8 years down the road at least. Maybe they'll get Galactus' rights back or, who knows, they purchase X-Men's rights and do Avengers Vs. X-Men. Or they do something more personal and contained like Civil War.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 04:23 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

At this point, Marvel would really do something like Civil War or X-Men Vs Avengers. Avengers popularity is on the level of the X-Men at this point so a cinematic clash between the two groups would be a blockbuster the film goers would die to see.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2012 05:06 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I would say the popularity of the Avengers franchise is significantly higher than that of the X-Men one nowadays.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2012 10:47 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2012 11:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Re: WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=67796

Lol, really? I mean if this is accurate...WTF.

It is quite mind boggling that DC apparently has no idea how best to put together a film franchise outside of Nolan's Dark Knight Saga.

The debacle that was Green Lantern - which could have been, should have been, and really needed to be better - is infecting their ability to do anything else at the moment. Green Lantern is my favorite comic mythos and I'm not sure how they should handle it, but something needs to be done. I liked Ryan Reynolds and blame the editing/smashing of two storylines into one for what went wrong. But they need to convince general audiences that Green Lantern is cool. I think the best way to do that is to make other single stories like Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash - make them well. Then tackle Green Lantern again and get people excited for the shared universe.

With that said, I really don't like the idea of opening with the Justice League and then going backwards to single movies.

The Avengers did so well only because of the hype that grew due to having 4 films lead up to that point. It makes much more business sense to wait till the single movies have led up to a single Justice League film that can pull in large Avenger like numbers.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Oct 7th, 2012 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2012 09:44 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

They went with the safe route using Reynolds when they should have chosen a better actor that fits the character of Hal Jordan. Reynolds was more Deadpool than Jordan. While Bale wasn't a good Batman, he was a good Bruce Wayne and a good actor for the most part. Marvel chose well with most of their leading cast members except maybe Norton as Bruce Banner, but even then Norton was still better than Reynolds at his role.

However, the new Superman flick's cast looks great. Solid actors that should carry this movie. At this point, Warner Brothers should just license their DC properties to Marvel because Marvel studios would actually put these characters on the big screens better than WB. After seeing Thor, Captain America, and Avengers, yes they would put out good films for Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and JLA. They just need a good writer and some comic writers that's well versed in the history of these characters. But seeing as they got their own properties, they may not even want these DC characters unless they figure the license deal is going to be very profitable.

Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on Oct 8th, 2012 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 02:36 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Re: Re: WB Marketing/Research survey LCBS

Originally posted by Blair Wind
The debacle that was Green Lantern - which could have been, should have been, and really needed to be better - is infecting their ability to do anything else at the moment. Green Lantern is my favorite comic mythos and I'm not sure how they should handle it, but something needs to be done. I liked Ryan Reynolds and blame the editing/smashing of two storylines into one for what went wrong. But they need to convince general audiences that Green Lantern is cool. I think the best way to do that is to make other single stories like Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash - make them well. Then tackle Green Lantern again and get people excited for the shared universe.

With that said, I really don't like the idea of opening with the Justice League and then going backwards to single movies.

The Avengers did so well only because of the hype that grew due to having 4 films lead up to that point. It makes much more business sense to wait till the single movies have led up to a single Justice League film that can pull in large Avenger like numbers.

Another way to do GL, IMO, would be to turn it into a TV space opera similar to the style of Babylon 5 or Star Trek. :P

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 05:28 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
They went with the safe route using Reynolds when they should have chosen a better actor that fits the character of Hal Jordan. Reynolds was more Deadpool than Jordan. While Bale wasn't a good Batman, he was a good Bruce Wayne and a good actor for the most part. Marvel chose well with most of their leading cast members except maybe Norton as Bruce Banner, but even then Norton was still better than Reynolds at his role.

However, the new Superman flick's cast looks great. Solid actors that should carry this movie. At this point, Warner Brothers should just license their DC properties to Marvel because Marvel studios would actually put these characters on the big screens better than WB. After seeing Thor, Captain America, and Avengers, yes they would put out good films for Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and JLA. They just need a good writer and some comic writers that's well versed in the history of these characters. But seeing as they got their own properties, they may not even want these DC characters unless they figure the license deal is going to be very profitable.

I disagree that Reynolds in anyway hurt the GL movie. That was the fault of two storylines that were mashed together, with neither one given a clear focus. That and horrible horrible editing. Some scene sequences made no sense.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 01:43 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Blair Wind
That and horrible horrible editing. Some scene sequences made no sense.

Yeah like when Hal goes back to the GL corps not to ask them for help, but just to get their permission/blessing to fight off Parallax...

WTF was that?!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2012 12:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote