KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Ender's Game

Ender's Game
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
A few of us in the SWVF kinda... really didn't like it.

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure the book is better. They almost always are. But film is a much different experience, and even though I'm not familiar with the source material, I can tell they did a fantastic job with it. I intend to read the book at some point.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2013 09:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I read the book after I saw the movie.

They were both good.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 24th, 2013 06:45 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Film was at best just okay. Was expecting a lot since I've heard nothing except high remarks from the book people. Didn't make me care much for any of the characters expect the little wannabe alpha midget, was happy when he got his. Kid who played Ender was rather bland and boring. Harrison Ford seemed to be there just for the paycheck.

Still plan on reading the book, but the film did nothing to make me want to pick it up sooner.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 24th, 2013 09:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Ditto. It was a forgettable film. Decent visuals, but that was about all it had going for it. I never take it as a good sign when I reflexively roll my eyes while watching a movie, and it happened a good few times with this one.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 12:27 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Kid who played Ender was rather bland and boring.

Could not disagree more strongly. I think what might be mistaken as "bland" or "boring" was actually the character's unique ability to be calm and collected in stressful situations that required strategic and calculated decisions. But besides that I thought the kid did a fantastic job of showing emotion bubbling up behind his calm demeanor. There was definitely a subtle intensity there.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 02:54 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Everyone who has a different opinion than me is wrong and stupid.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 06:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Mindset
Everyone who has a different opinion than me is wrong and stupid.
Uh, no, not true. Dumbass.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 08:18 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Could not disagree more strongly. I think what might be mistaken as "bland" or "boring" was actually the character's unique ability to be calm and collected in stressful situations that required strategic and calculated decisions. But besides that I thought the kid did a fantastic job of showing emotion bubbling up behind his calm demeanor. There was definitely a subtle intensity there.

Nah, he's just not a very good actor for his age and he came off both bland and boring throughout the entire film. Poor casting happens.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 02:12 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Uh, no, not true. Dumbass.
You're so stupid that it physically hurts me.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 06:57 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

thats probably your herpes

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 02:05 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Herpes doesn't hurt.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 03:27 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

He's not denying that he has it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 03:40 PM
Mindset

Go suck Vin Diesel off again.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 05:56 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

My gf and I actually liked the movie, watched it twice.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:11 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I liked the movie. It could have been... longer? More character development. I didn't read the book, but maybe I should.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 06:50 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote