KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

After playing Metal Gear Solid V and platinuming Bloodborne, I've got to give it to Witcher 3. I thought MGSV might dethrone it, but it's just on another level. We've still got Tomb Raider and Fallout coming, but lets be real. Its only real threat at this point is Fallout 4.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 02:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably.

Yeah, Witcher 3 is a better game than Phantom Pain. While the combat/gameplay is not as good as MGSV, the world, immersion, characters, story and some of the best RPG missions outside of Bioware overtakes Phantom Pain.

As for Game of the Year accolades, well, Fallout 4 will probably do it if it's as good Skyrim. But Tomb Raider and Halo 5 both look good as well. Who knows. GameSpot gave GoY to Shadows of Mordor last year. It's sometimes what people agree on and not what game is theoretically better.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
MORE LIKE "WITCHER 3: WILD GOOSE CHASE?" AMIRIGHT?!
You're too silly, shut up.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 04:21 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah Witcher 3 is definitely my game of the year so far. I'd honestly be surprised if I enjoy Fallout 4 as much.

MGSV is probably second, great game but sadly just totally not finished.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 09:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it's tough to say.

Strangely enough, I'm actually looking forward to building home bases aspect in Fallout 4 more than what the game usually does. Considering Mother Base in Phantom Pain was just a very fancy UI, I need to get my fix to customize abodes.

But I will say, I never had any interest playing Skyrim that much but my friend gave me his key (he bought a regular edition and Legendary edition) and I played that ****ing thing for 100 hours. If Fallout 4 is nearly that good (and I love Fallout universe), it will probably outdo Witcher 3.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

As someone who sees himself as a gaming addict, I am ashamed to admit that I HAVE the copy of Witcher 3 with me and have it installed (in fact I bought it 2x, once as a freebie from buying my gfx card, 2nd time I just went ahead and bought it as the GoG freebie download system is effin gay!), but I just can't seem to bring myself to play it....

Maybe it's because the first 2 games really didn't grab me, but I can't even bring myself to play the damned game or to even click on my desktop. It's been 2 weeks. /cry

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 06:41 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nibedicus
As someone who sees himself as a gaming addict, I am ashamed to admit that I HAVE the copy of Witcher 3 with me and have it installed (in fact I bought it 2x, once as a freebie from buying my gfx card, 2nd time I just went ahead and bought it as the GoG freebie download system is effin gay!), but I just can't seem to bring myself to play it....

Maybe it's because the first 2 games really didn't grab me, but I can't even bring myself to play the damned game or to even click on my desktop. It's been 2 weeks. /cry
Don't worry, you have plenty of time to experience this game. I'm taking my way through it step by step and enjoying every aspect. It's no rush. thumb up

I will say that you wont regret it when you do. You have something amazing waiting.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 08:34 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it's light years ahead of Witcher 2.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 03:40 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I think I'm near the final quest. I don't want it to end sad

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 02:57 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Been playing Hearts of Stone. It's an excellent expansion. The value for $10 is absurd. Highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Witcher 3 and is looking for a reason to get back into it.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 04:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm Witcher'd out. Maybe in a few years I will want to get back in and play this expansion and the new one coming out early next year.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 12:47 PM
Arachnid1

Thats it guys. Even with Fallout 4 out, Witcher 3 is still my GOTY. Both MGSV and Fallout failed to topple the KING.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 12:27 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Play Undertale.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 12:34 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Hmmm... I have to say this game's graphic was great at all...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 06:04 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shut up

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 08:11 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nephthys
Play Undertale.

"I wish I had eight legs so I could wear four pairs of hotpants."

What did I just watch? Looks strange, but I'll give it a go. It has some great reviews

PWNT

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 01:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Don't look up anything else about it, play it as totally blind as you can.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 01:17 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nephthys
Don't look up anything else about it, play it as totally blind as you can.
Will do bud

If it disappoints, I WILL have compensation in the form of nudes. Shave all but head hair in preparation.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 01:27 AM
Arachnid1

Thank god this won game of the year just now. It also won best RPG. Fallout got dethroned. Well deserved.

CD Project Red also won developer of the year, which is even more well deserved. Good choices.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 4th, 2015 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 04:09 AM
BackFire

Really glad this game won. Even though there's still some very good games I've not played yet, like Undertale and Fallout 4, Witcher 3 winning is a great achievement for that studio and well deserved. Game's a masterpiece and one of the best open world games to date. Also well deserved because of how they support the game.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 06:52 AM