KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « First ... « 160 161 [162] 163 164 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Just spotted this. Looks like this is a crowd pleaser, overall. Couldn't see it this week, going next.

Did the post credit scene surprise you?

Both did, and both entertained.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And that's perfectly fine. But on Jesse Eisenberg? Really?

Give me a movie with his stellar performance, maybe I'm missing some big gem.

What Zack said, really.

Originally posted by Inhuman
Doesn't matter how good of an actor Jesse Eisenberg is.

The issue is his look, his voice, his demeanor, his mannerisms, etc etc not his acting ability.

That's like casting Peter Dinklage as Marvel's Hercules. Doesn't matter how good Peter Dinklage is at acting but that casting won't work.

Yeah, because no Lex Luthor has ever been a jittery mad scientist. erm

I think Aquaman will have some good business. There is already strong buzz for that.

Momoa needs to improve. And Amber Heard isn't exactly top drawer either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Anyway, just watched it and loved it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:40 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by abhilegend

thumb up

Can't say I loved it, but it was a still a solid film, and that was what they needed to have. Glad you enjoyed it.

I just hope they don't cut the shit out of future movies. Two hours is way too short.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Yeah it is a good film. Much better than BvS.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:43 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by playa1258
Yeah it is a good film. Much better than BvS.

Definitely.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:43 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Just saw it. It was ok. Had it's share of problems but better than BvS, SS, about the same as MOS for me, and below WW.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:48 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

WB certainly are no Ferengi..

as of slightly over 11 pm pacific standard time $93.5 million opening domestic

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice...tar-1202211094/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 10:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So only 1 outright negative review here so far. But a few “mediocre” ones, so I’m guessing it’s entertaining.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:22 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So only 1 outright negative review here so far. But a few “mediocre” ones, so I’m guessing it’s entertaining.

It's one of those movies that relies a fair bit on how you feel about the characters, so if you like the trinity at all, you'll like at least some part of it, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:23 AM
Darth Thor

Highly doubtful. The DCEU is still WB's #1 franchise. After it is all said and done, DCEU will enter the 4 billion range after its first 5 films.

Dude just stop showing off. Justice League is opening lower than any DCEU film to date. It’s supposed to be the reverse. The whole “Shared Universe” thing is a failure for them.

I was telling you from Day 1 “no one is demanding this film right now” which you laughed off.

I’m glad audiences seem to be enjoying this but due to very poor decisions (I.e. overusing Snyder, not building the Universe up properly, too much studio interference with every film, not having passion or vision, accepting poor quality work and trying so hard to differentiate from Marvel), it’s too little too late.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:27 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Golgo never knows how to admit his defeat.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 12:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by juggerman
It's funny that you change up your stance when it suits you. I recall you touting Box Office was the most important thing. Keep flopping
This film is mediocre at best so once again my stance hasn't changed. Vast improvement over Batman v. Superman character wise but the cgi was pure gutter trash, the villain was even worse than Doomsday, and I don't have crazy fun when watching mediocre films. This is better than the dceu films save WW while having better action than WW. I've been right the entire time.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 01:33 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
Another DC fan who criticized the marvel formula endorses a studio attempting the wannab style but falling short in standards. I already said you'd come in like a fanboy pre film.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 01:35 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

My ratings of the DCEU as of now:

Wonder Woman- 8/10
Man of Steel- 7/10
Justice League- 6/10
Suicide Squad- 3.5/10
Batman V Superman- 3/10

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Nov 18th, 2017 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 02:30 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
My ratings of the DCEU as of now:

Wonder Woman- 8/10
Man of Steel- 7/10
Justice League- 6/10
Suicide Squad- 3.5/10
Batman V Superman- 3/10

Wonder Woman - 8.5/10
Justice League 6.3/10
Man of Steel 6.1/10
Batman Versus Superman 5.5/10
Suicide Squad 2/10 < Turd of a movie.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 03:23 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Mine:

Wonder Woman - 9/10
Justice League - 7.5/10
Man of Steel - 6.5/10
Batman Vs Superman - 5.5/10
Suicide Squad - 3.5/10

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 03:36 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I liked the movie. Found it fun. Most of the humor was on point. My complains are things that are inherent flaws with how WB approached the DC universe. Insane fast pace rushing to introduce all the key players and an over abundance of CGI.

Can Lois Lane and Martha Kent just die? They are beginning to feel like Thor's ex girlfriend and co.

Movie felt like a big screen dc animated movie.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:14 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

You can tell WB forced Whedon to keep it at 2 hours. A lot of stuff seemed cut out.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:16 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Can definitely feel Whedon's influence. Character interactions were solid. It did feel a little too short considering the scope of the movie.

The Superman love was welcomed. Still want Lois and Martha to die like Johnatan xD

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 18th, 2017 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

WW: 7/10
JL: 6/10
MOS: 5/10
BvS: 4/10
SS: 3/10

Something like that

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote