KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.

Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.

This is Monarch with the powers described below in the link, against a well fed Big G, battle takes place in outer space, who wins and why?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Nathaniel_Adam_(New_Earth)

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 11:46 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:05 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

i still think galactus wins

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:06 AM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
i still think galactus wins
IF.. .... ....he does, he'll have to work like heck for it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:34 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Galactus easily

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:49 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

well, going by monarch's high showings, he is universal, though it's a questionable feat imo, since it was a result of his death.

if we go by "well fed", galactus at his most powerful, he should take this.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:55 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

SMP with amp tore his armor off, I think Galactus will end up doing the same in the midst of smacking him around. So BOOM.

How would Galactus deal with the resulting universe shockwave?

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:58 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Korvac being born tore a universe asunder, and then it mended itself to a new configuration.

Galactus absorbed all his power and left him a powerless baby.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:58 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Korvac being born tore a universe asunder, and then it mended itself to a new configuration.

Then Galactus wins. thumb up (thanks for the info)

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 12:59 AM
lawest9

Bump.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 05:39 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

I thought that was just flowery language for when Aleta transformed into Starhawk :
(please log in to view the image)
If you look at the panel :
a) A mother screams (Korvac's mother in labor pains)
b) A father rails (Korvac's dad fighting the GotG)
c) A universe is rent asunder and mends itself a new configuration (Aleta literally reconfiguring herself into Starhawk)
d) A child is born (Korvac's birth)

No?

quote:

Yup, after the Ancient One's (aka Dr. Strange of the year 3000) APPRENTICE, Kruegarr, owned Korvac :

Horrific showing for Korvac.

Having said that, this is a double KO. Galactus WILL breach Monarch's armor then die in the resulting explosion (along with the rest of the universe/dimension they are fighting in).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 01:24 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think Galactus could absorb the energy released. Once Monarch's armor is breached he'd have the tools to deal with the situation (energy absorption, time manipulation, matter/energy conversion, barrier creation). Assuming Galactus is at around 70%+ it should be his fight.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:04 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Question is can he absorb it? If not, can he take a hit from it? It does have enough energy to destroy the universe.

Regardless, though, Galactus either dies with him or survives so I say Galactus

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:07 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by zopzop

I thought that was just flowery language for when Aleta transformed into Starhawk :
If you look at the panel :
a) A mother screams (Korvac's mother in labor pains)
b) A father rails (Korvac's dad fighting the GotG)
c) A universe is rent asunder and mends itself a new configuration (Aleta literally reconfiguring herself into Starhawk)
d) A child is born (Korvac's birth)

No?

Yup, after the Ancient One's (aka Dr. Strange of the year 3000) APPRENTICE, Kruegarr, owned Korvac :

Horrific showing for Korvac.

Having said that, this is a double KO. Galactus WILL breach Monarch's armor then die in the resulting explosion (along with the rest of the universe/dimension they are fighting in). [/B]

where are those scans from?

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:32 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Question is can he absorb it? If not, can he take a hit from it? It does have enough energy to destroy the universe.

Regardless, though, Galactus either dies with him or survives so I say Galactus

Galactus could also simply teleport himself away from the blast. He has shown that he can easily cross dimensional barriers.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:35 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think Galactus could absorb the energy released. Once Monarch's armor is breached he'd have the tools to deal with the situation (energy absorption, time manipulation, matter/energy conversion, barrier creation). Assuming Galactus is at around 70%+ it should be his fight.

I'm thinking the same thing here. I mean would Monarch be comparable to Hyperstorm in terms of power output? If so them we all saw how that played out. Monarch may look like a giant sandwich to Galactus LOL.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:43 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Oliver North
where are those scans from?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Guardians_o..._Annual_Vol_1_1
Originally posted by MF DELPH

I doubt it. Not only has he never been shown to be able to handle that much energy at once, it's also been straight up stated on panel that his energy absorption is far less efficient without his world consuming machine.
So how much of it would he actually consume? How much would "slip" through and wreck him?
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm thinking the same thing here. I mean would Monarch be comparable to Hyperstorm in terms of power output? If so them we all saw how that played out. Monarch may look like a giant sandwich to Galactus LOL.

No way. Hyperstorm was never shown to have that kind of power output.

And to the people saying he'd just tp away, that would assume he KNOWS it's coming.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:05 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Seeing how Galactus was born in the midst of the original Big Bang, I doubt that Monarch being breached is going to be a major problem for him.

Even if that's not the case, Galactus can simply pull out an Odin from his arse and bfr all that excess energy to another dimension.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:14 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Galactus.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:16 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Seeing how Galactus was born in the midst of the original Big Bang, I doubt that Monarch being breached is going to be a major problem for him.

Even if that's not the case, Galactus can simply pull out an Odin from his arse and bfr all that excess energy to another dimension.
Can you post where he takes a hit from a universal explosion?

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:16 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote