KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Weakest link

The Weakest link
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
"a sword has no power unless the hand who weilds it has courage". The helix sword is just an extension of the FD's own power. I'm pretty sure the official stance is that the FD mask rivals majora's mask, and you know what crazy feats that guy has.

On an unrelated note, if you took everything in HW seriously where would that link fit in?
Link has plenty of courage.
quote:
The jelix sword is just an extension of the FD's own power.

Which pales in comparison to the Master Sword's power. This is so cut and dry I don't know what else to say.

I honestly don't even know where HW would go. HW is pretty inconsistant and weird. Extremely so. It was fun as **** to play but there was just no internal consistency, and it sticks out against other games because of that. It has none of the hax, and arguably worse physical and magical stats in most instances, barring some pretty immense outliers.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 06:39 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Ok, tbh, I don't know much about LoZ, I went off what I've seen from Game Theory, who said that Majora's Mask takes it, least he's less biased then Death Battle.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 07:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Ok, tbh, I don't know much about LoZ, I went off what I've seen from Game Theory, who said that Majora's Mask takes it, least he's less biased then Death Battle.
Game theory is a fun set of videos, but it's not a good source for information. I'll try to explain more clearly why I don't consider FD Link to be an important factor, and why the helix sword cannot compare to the Master Sword.

They have an amusing video on why the hookshot would break a normal human's arm, as well.

By feats, the Master Sword stands head and shoulders above the Fierce Diety.

The FD is a peer to Majora, while the sword is a peer to, or possibly even slightly above, the Triforce.

To put that in perspective, Majora is a badass who can crash the moon into the Earth, but the Triforce passively sustains reality and without it everything slowly decays into nothingness.

Single pieces of the Triforce have been used to accomplish greater feats than what Majora did, the single best example being in the backstory of ALBW which has Ganon creating the darkworld with just the Triforce of Power.

The completed thing is greater than the sum of its parts, and as OoT so aptly put it, is the source of providence for their world. No one in this thread has their piece of the Triforce, but the smart money is definitely on a Link who possessed the Master Sword because of it's magic repelling properties.

Many Links have access to some silly hax, and can do shit like polymorph people, freeze them, shrink them, AoE versions of some of those. One even has a cane that flips you flips you upside down.

The winner of a Link on Link free for all is going to be one capable of warding those off.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 08:13 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 08:09 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Game theory is a fun set of videos, but it's not a good source for information. I'll try to explain more clearly why I don't consider FD Link to be an important factor, and why the helix sword cannot compare to the Master Sword.

They have an amusing video on why the hookshot would break a normal human's arm, as well.

By feats, the Master Sword stands head and shoulders above the Fierce Diety.

The FD is a peer to Majora, while the sword is a peer to, or possibly even slightly above, the Triforce.

To put that in perspective, Majora is a badass who can crash the moon into the Earth, but the Triforce passively sustains reality and without it everything slowly decays into nothingness.

Single pieces of the Triforce have been used to accomplish greater feats than what Majora did, the single best example being in the backstory of ALBW which has Ganon creating the darkworld with just the Triforce of Power.

The completed thing is greater than the sum of its parts, and as OoT so aptly put it, is the source of providence for their world. No one in this thread has their piece of the Triforce, but the smart money is definitely on a Link who possessed the Master Sword because of it's magic repelling properties.

Many Links have access to some silly hax, and can do shit like polymorph people, freeze them, shrink them, AoE versions of some of those. One even has a cane that flips you flips you upside down.

The winner of a Link on Link free for all is going to be one capable of warding those off.
I mean, if you want to check it out, I'm assuming you already have, given your response.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 08:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I have indeed seen it before. I basically just sort of sighed.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 08:30 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Some of the information in that video is useful but yeah the conclusion is questionable to say the least.

Anywho, Four Swords or Minish Cap is strongest. The weakest(which is what the thread is looking for) is idk.

By the way didn't CD-I Link one shot Ganon? I only say that cause Nate is allowing it.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 01:20 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I still think you give just a bit to much to the MS. Alttp got turned into a bunny with it, the only time protection it has is in connection eith the temple of time, and again the downfall timeline exists so it can straight up be over powered.

While the triforce has some rad feats, majora did raise an entire country from the dead and imprisoned s couple of bfg's. FD got game.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 03:50 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I still think you give just a bit to much to the MS. Alttp got turned into a bunny with it, the only time protection it has is in connection eith the temple of time, and again the downfall timeline exists so it can straight up be over powered.

While the triforce has some rad feats, majora did raise an entire country from the dead and imprisoned s couple of bfg's. FD got game.
Early Installment Weirdness™ and it's likely the sword was depowered at that point similarly to how it was at the beginning of Wind Waker.

Also, again, there is no indication the sword was overpowered to create the downfall timeline. There are no specifics given.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 06:51 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Some of the information in that video is useful but yeah the conclusion is questionable to say the least.

Anywho, Four Swords or Minish Cap is strongest. The weakest(which is what the thread is looking for) is idk.

By the way didn't CD-I Link one shot Ganon? I only say that cause Nate is allowing it.
CD-I Link didn't do that with a sword though, he used a book, or a mirror I think.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 12:19 AM
Jmanghan

Where does the Hero of Light fit in to all this, which, to be honest, Square Enix should sue, since their collectible toy line of Warrior of Light is manufactured as Hero of Light.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 12:21 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 05:49 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

New link. Gotta bump it.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 05:08 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Triforce heroes Link.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:48 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

You're alive! big grin

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:52 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Welcome back. Care to elaborate?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:02 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred Fire
You're alive! big grin
I'm probably immortal.
Welcome back. Care to elaborate?
The game is a four swords style co-op top down with no real plot to give it feats or gear advancement.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:12 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

He liiiives!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:39 AM
CosmicComet

Paste!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:37 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Triforce Heroes Link is the same one from A Link Between Worlds so he has some nice feats.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:24 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote