KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Caedus Vs Redeemed Revan

Darth Caedus Vs Redeemed Revan
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Malgus is really powerful yeah. Enough that I don't see Revan beating him in a Force contest between them. And Malgus would beat him in a lightsaber duel.
Wishing there was not a limit to threads DX
I think they are Equal, and Revan's Tutaminis was enough to easily force back Nyriss' Lightning. Revan would probably get stomped in a Saber Duel, but force... I don't know, in fact, I'd say Revan is ahead of him. Plus, I haven't had the motivation to play TOR at all... It gets boring having to constantly take hours to level up my character to be on par with certain enemies when I could just continue the story. Plus, I like being a light-sider, so I've been a Jedi Knight for awhile now.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dumped so much money into that game, and it was fun but it was teaching me the wrong things. I'm super-introverted but I was only playing this game because it was very practical with the job I was doing. I wouldn't have gotten much social time anyway. But this one time when I was playing I changed from a 1 month to 3 month plan, after I'd already paid for the current month, and the ****ers charged me extra. They received a whole extra month's worth of money and just blamed it on apathy to the set up. ****ing Social Darwinists I swear. But I learned my lesson.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 11:42 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Limit to threads?

Revans Tutaminis is top tier imo, but offensively he's somewhat lacking. I dunno, I just don't see him actually beating Malgus. He has the Light/Dark attack that floored Vitiate, his TK and can redirect lightning extremely well..... but I don't think that would let him beat Malgus.

Meanwhile Malgus has extremely powerful lightning and TK which he can combine in the Force Maelstrom... but I don't thik that would defeat Revan's amazing defensive abilities.

It really comes down to lightsabers. Buuuuuut, I think that overall Malgus is more *powerful* than Revan, but Revan seems to be extremely annoying to fight due to his lopsided defense, so I think he can hang in combat with people who are superior to him. So it would be a good fight.

Outside of them fighting though, I'd rank Malgus as above Revan.

Originally posted by Dolos
I dumped so much money into that game, and it was fun but it was teaching me the wrong things. I'm super-introverted but I was only playing this game because it was very practical with the job I was doing. I wouldn't have gotten much social time anyway. But this one time when I was playing I changed from a 1 month to 3 month plan, after I'd already paid for the current month, and the ****ers charged me extra. They received a whole extra month's worth of money and just blamed it on apathy to the set up. ****ing Social Darwinists I swear. But I learned my lesson.

Ouch. You should have phoned customer support. I'm sure they would have refunded you.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

He means limit to creating threads. Newer accounts have a cap per day, like three or something.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'd put Revan a bit above Dooku and Malgus above both of them imo.

How is Revan superior to Dooku? Not saying you're wrong.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:37 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

More powerful really. He did put up a good fight vs Vitiate.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Jmanghan
How would Malgus be able to combat Revan in force? I do think Malgus is powerful but... o-o

The real question is how would Revan combat Malgus in the Force? He's done practically nothing. He's opened a blast door, absorbed Nyriss's lightning, failed to absorb Vitiate's lightning, Force Pushed Vitiate, collapsed a stone archway. That's about it, dude. Malgus has:

1. Killed 3 Jedi at once with a blast of lightning, scorching their flesh and making them transparent with dark energy.

2. Literally blasted dark holes in a Zabrak Jedi Master with his Force Lightning. Note that said Jedi Master was powerful enough to collapse two buildings on Malgus with the help of his comrade.

3. Brought the Imperial Strike team that killed Revan to their knees with a blast of lightning.

4. Blasted away a "mountain of rubble" from the two buildings collapsed on him with a powerful Force Repulse, sending duracreet and durasteel flying in all directions.

5. Merely in a display of rage at the lack of response from the civilians, he released a Force Repulse powerful enough to kill "dozens" of civilians on impact.

6. Crushed the bones of several guards with a simple Force Push, and as a side note showed extreme skill with saber throw and applied it often.

7. Used the Force to protect himself from grenade blasts as well as an engine explosion relatively unharmed.

8. Could create a Force Maelstrom that encased himself in a protection bubble that can deflect lightsabers and blaster bolts, then taking all bolted down or not objects from the environment and swirling them around himself, supercharging them with Force Lightning, and then using them as projectiles. This is an extremely efficient showing of destructive power.

9. Killed a Jedi Master powerful enough to collapse two buildings on him along with the help of previously mentioned Zabrak by merely squeezing him to death with the Force.

10. Ragdolled Lord Adraas, who shattered floors and shit.

This is not even all of his Force Feats. I repeat--What has REVAN done to compete with MALGUS with the Force?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:56 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'd put Revan a bit above Dooku and Malgus above both of them imo.

But you just admitted that Malgus was both the superior swordsman and that Revan couldn't beat Malgus in a Force Battle. So are you arguing that Revan is the better tank? laughing

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 01:59 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

you did read what he said right? He's saying that Malgus is above both of them, bro.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:00 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

^ Yes.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:02 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Aaaahhh, that makes more sense. I'd agree, then.

EDIT: But I still say Dooku's better than Revan.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:03 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

But Neph what do you think on this actual fight?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:06 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think I don't like Caedus very much.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:08 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:09 AM
Jmanghan

Limit to threads?

Revans Tutaminis is top tier imo, but offensively he's somewhat lacking. I dunno, I just don't see him actually beating Malgus. He has the Light/Dark attack that floored Vitiate, his TK and can redirect lightning extremely well..... but I don't think that would let him beat Malgus.

Meanwhile Malgus has extremely powerful lightning and TK which he can combine in the Force Maelstrom... but I don't thik that would defeat Revan's amazing defensive abilities.

It really comes down to lightsabers. Buuuuuut, I think that overall Malgus is more *powerful* than Revan, but Revan seems to be extremely annoying to fight due to his lopsided defense, so I think he can hang in combat with people who are superior to him. So it would be a good fight.

Outside of them fighting though, I'd rank Malgus as above Revan.
Fair enough. Until they fight (which could happen) We don't know.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

I think Revan has superior TK to Malgus, I honestly think Revan would use his TK and lightning to defeat Malgus.

How you ask? Well Revan would constantly barrage Malgus would unending TK and lightning due to his Revan's infinite sustain via light side channeling.

If Malgus attempts to use TK or lightning, Revan will just absorb and it use to empower himself and or reflect it back.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually looking over their Wookieepedia, because I lack the books right now, it would suggest that Darth Caedus is perhaps more powerful than Darth Tyranus, Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, or Revan

That's based on what I currently know. Darth Malgus seems to be more powerful than Bane or Zannah. It would appear to me that him and Darth Caedus are up there with the elites like Zonakin, Sidious, C'boath, Plagueis, Gethzerion, and Yoda underneath the upper echelon of dark siders like DE Sidious, Pre-KoToR Vitiate, and Nihilus.

I don't know, I have a lot of novels to read, I'm going to be collecting first, for a long time. Gotta see what role Plagueis has to play in the upcoming Darth Maul: Lockout. Also have to collect the Dark Times comic arc to see some of Sidious' exploits and those of his Imperial War Machine.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 03:29 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

thumb up Agreed completely.

However, as a side note--Why is C'boath considered one of the elites?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 04:59 AM
Board Walker

Same question why is c'baoth elite?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by NewGuy01
lolwut. Dooku and Malgus would storm Revan.

Excuse me?

Both Malgus and Revan are above Dooku.

You have to be Vitiate or Sidious to stop Revan, genius.

Revans Tutaminis is top tier imo, but offensively he's somewhat lacking.

How exactly is Revan "somewhat" lacking offensively?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 12:47 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote