KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Rock Tweets about possible big DC/WB project

The Rock Tweets about possible big DC/WB project
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

Jesus calm down lol I know you must be employed to defend every DC feature film but I'm not even saying anything negative here.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2014 05:05 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I am calm. I just don't get the concern. I highly doubt Ben is going to dwarf Superman. lol

Old Post Jan 4th, 2014 09:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, with the ears, Batman usually seems taller than Superman anyway.

And if they were really worried, they could just have Superman float off the ground.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2014 09:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I am calm. I just don't get the concern. I highly doubt Ben is going to dwarf Superman. lol

And if you notice in the comments, nobody else said he would.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2014 05:07 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JayDaDon
And if you notice in the comments, nobody else said he would.

I just skim through posts, so what is your questions/concerns?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2014 10:05 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Why is everyone so worried about who the Rock looks like he can play? I'm more worried about which character does the rocks acting ability best suit. We know, the Rocks, style. He appears to be conscious of his status and the appeal that he has amongst the younger demographic. So, it makes sense that he would choose to play a hero.I'm sure he could play a villain but in order to reach his full potential as a villain, i think he would be to worried about what kids think. It's certainly a brilliant marketing decision, but that's what scares me. Maybe, Martian man hunter.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 08:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

If Rock=John Stewart is true, while Rock wasn't one of my choices(Idris, Chiwetel), I'll be stoked as Hell that WB/DC is finally choosing the right GL. This will show that they recognize @least one of the mistakes they made last time. They can take my money now if they'd like. I hope he does a great job

Old Post Feb 8th, 2014 01:09 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really don't think that using the least charismatic GL is a good idea.

I suppose the Rock will help with that, but still, I don't think he suits John Stewart, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 02:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Meh, he should be Shazam or Black Adam.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 03:09 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd be happy with Adam, or him as J'onn.

I'd love to see him as Kilowog, though the Rock is unlikely to pick a role where his face is obscured, I'd think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 9th, 2014 03:46 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by -Pr-
Really don't think that using the least charismatic GL is a good idea.

I suppose the Rock will help with that, but still, I don't think he suits John Stewart, personally.
John is, was & probably always be the best choice for a GL in live action. He's got the most positive exposure to the general audience & a look that more easily translates to live action. Hal never really meant much outside of his comic fanbase. Hell, people were complaining about them "making GL white" when his film was about to come out. I knew the movie was gonna fail the instant I found out John wasn't in it. I couldn't get hype about it & figured that many wouldn't. There are a few people who I'd rather see in the role, but if it's the Rock I'll still support it & hope that he pulls it off well. I'm a fan & he apparently puts butts in the seats. He fits Black Adam perfectly, but I don't see WB putting him in a movie anytime soon

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 14th, 2014 at 02:46 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 02:44 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They'll give the Rock a character that can start a franchise, since he's pretty big star nowadays. Black Adam and Martian Manhunter is a no go. None of those can support their own movie. John Stewart is the best choice and will/could rejuvenate the GL franchise on film.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 03:29 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by I-Drop
John is, was & probably always be the best choice for a GL in live action. He's got the most positive exposure to the general audience & a look that more easily translates to live action. Hal never really meant much outside of his comic fanbase. Hell, people were complaining about them "making GL white" when his film was about to come out. I knew the movie was gonna fail the instant I found out John wasn't in it. I couldn't get hype about it & figured that many wouldn't. There are a few people who I'd rather see in the role, but if it's the Rock I'll still support it & hope that he pulls it off well. I'm a fan & he apparently puts butts in the seats. He fits Black Adam perfectly, but I don't see WB putting him in a movie anytime soon

I don't agree about the GL stuff at all, but fair enough.

They'll give the Rock a character that can start a franchise, since he's pretty big star nowadays. Black Adam and Martian Manhunter is a no go. None of those can support their own movie. John Stewart is the best choice and will/could rejuvenate the GL franchise on film.

Getting the Rock to sign on for a franchise might be difficult; he's already signed on for the Furious movies, and he has Hercules coming out.

Now, if he does well in whatever role WB give him, then it would be a major coup for them, and I'd love to see him stick around for multiple pictures.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 04:48 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't agree about the GL stuff at all, but fair enough.

Getting the Rock to sign on for a franchise might be difficult; he's already signed on for the Furious movies, and he has Hercules coming out.

Now, if he does well in whatever role WB give him, then it would be a major coup for them, and I'd love to see him stick around for multiple pictures.

Is Herc going to be a multi pic deal? Because, if not, he can always do a few movies a year.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 04:55 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Is Herc going to be a multi pic deal? Because, if not, he can always do a few movies a year.

That's what I'm saying; I don't know.

Getting him to sign a multi-picture deal might be tricky, with the sheer amount of work the guy is doing. He's one of the most bankable action stars in Hollywood right now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 04:58 AM
Darth Thor

I agree Rock should play some major superhero. His stardom will automatically bring hype to the role. But as we know from the past that alone won't guarantee a hit in the superhero movie world (Ben Affleck as Daredevil, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider).

I also agree that John Stewart would help give a GL movie that more serious tone. Reynolds "charm" and "funny man" routine really didn't help that movie, and just aided in it being more cheesy and less of a serious movie.

Plus yes I-Drop is right that Stewart was more widely recognized thanks to the JL and JLU series.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 09:16 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green Lantern wasn't as terrible a movie people seem to think.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 07:43 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IceBreaker2000

Originally posted by Firefly218
Green Lantern wasn't as terrible a movie people seem to think.

thumb up

The Rock would be awesome as GL though

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 03:24 AM
IceBreaker2000 is currently offline Click here to Send IceBreaker2000 a Private Message Find more posts by IceBreaker2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I honestly wouldn't want him as John Stewart. He's so big, NOT having him play a physical character would be such a waste.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:37 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The Rock also isn't... "dour" enough to be John either, imo. You would need someone like Denzel or Michael Jae White to play a believable John Stewarr, imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 06:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote