KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Seriously, they could have taken out Savitar in the last ep when he had no memories. 'Oh, we have no speedsters!' Go get Jesse Quick and kill Savitar then. Douchebags.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 12th, 2017 08:51 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I facepalmed when they thought "lets make it so he can't make any short term memory!" was a good idea.

Then it's Barry asking evil Barry if he kills himself if it will kill evil Barry. The answer boils down to "maybe not cuz timey wimey stuff".

But taking away the memories of Barry suddenly robs Wally of the speed force. Maybe if Wally had damaged the timeline multiple times like Barry has he'd have been immune. You know what that means Wally has to do: Kid Flashpoint.

Old Post May 12th, 2017 02:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also wait there is an important detail about Savitar that nobody in the show touched on. Why did he become this way? We know it comes down to....team Flash treats him like a piece of shit and an aberration.

How about...not? Like don't do it. I realize he was treated that way after Iris had died, but clearly time can be messed with, and if being treated like shit in the future causes him to go back to the past in order to be a murderous dick and those events lead to her death...maybe don't do it?

The more you think about it the more this time remnant stuff is disturbing. Time remnants essentially are seen as expendable non-people despite clearly having all the memories of emotions of the original person. Flash creates a bunch of them to kill Savitar, essentially creating his own version of expendable kamikazes.

Last edited by Surtur on May 12th, 2017 at 02:36 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2017 02:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

When he created a time remnant who died to save them and they were like 'he's not the real Barry it's fine' I was like wow these guys are kinda dicks

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 12th, 2017 06:15 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think it's fair to say they're dicks. I mean, if a double of someone you cared about just showed up, you're not going to treat them exactly the same as you would the "original".

I think it remains to be seen if they were actually cruel to him, or if they simply weren't willing to treat him as the real Barry, and he got pissy about that.

Also, as iffy as this season has been, I think it's still the best of the DC shows.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 12th, 2017 06:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Legends S2 once it really picked up easily topped this season of Flash for me and most it seems. lol The way they handled the memory wiping thing just made the last episode little more than dumb filler even though I enjoyed parts of it, but still a perfect example of how much a step down this has been from the previous seasons. Is not Arrow S3 levels of bad or anything, but I've barely felt more invested with this than it at times. Even the reveal of Savitar's identity was dumb. Zoom's identity at least better tied in to some things they were building up to at the time.

Old Post May 12th, 2017 06:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
When he created a time remnant who died to save them and they were like 'he's not the real Barry it's fine' I was like wow these guys are kinda dicks

Even Rick from Rick and Morty actually treats his time doubles better then that. eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 12th, 2017 07:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think it's fair to say they're dicks. I mean, if a double of someone you cared about just showed up, you're not going to treat them exactly the same as you would the "original".

I think it remains to be seen if they were actually cruel to him, or if they simply weren't willing to treat him as the real Barry, and he got pissy about that.

Also, as iffy as this season has been, I think it's still the best of the DC shows.

The time remnant saved them all, died to do it and they didn't care, now whilst sure he appeared out of no where but he still saved them, that surely counts for something right? Not to the flash team

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 12th, 2017 08:33 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

While I'm sorta able to sympathize with a victimized time remnant who others had disposable views of, still not anywhere as compelling for me as Zoom and his identity or Thawne when he had Wells' body in S1. If Savitar was actually Ronnie like cdtm said earlier it would've been a better reveal payoff.

Old Post May 13th, 2017 01:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

See, if it had been Robbie then Catlin's who thing would have made a lot more sense. Like why would she follow Barry so willingly, and so fast? She's rarely around Barry at all.

Old Post May 13th, 2017 03:19 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by steverules_2
The time remnant saved them all, died to do it and they didn't care, now whilst sure he appeared out of no where but he still saved them, that surely counts for something right? Not to the flash team

It counting doesn't mean treating him as being equal to Barry. What, are they supposed to share Iris? And iirc this time remnant helped; he didn't do it all by himself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 13th, 2017 10:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
It counting doesn't mean treating him as being equal to Barry. What, are they supposed to share Iris? And iirc this time remnant helped; he didn't do it all by himself.

The way it seems to me is that Barry did all this stuff after Iris was dead. He then created a bunch of time remnants in order to kill Savitar. So they wouldn't have to worry about sharing Barry as she was gone. This is why Savitar says he needs to kill Iris in order to force Barry to take the steps that create him.

I mean worst case scenario, why not let him start a new life in another universe? Cisco can do that. As a matter of fact: Jessie Quick can come back and he could have gone and been Flash on Earth 3. Boom, solved.

I can somewhat get them being very upset because Iris is dead, but now that they know treating him like shit lead to this...they need to not do that.

Old Post May 14th, 2017 04:42 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

^ That, pretty much. Also, he is technically still Barry, even though he might not be the original Earth 1 Barry. But he is still a living, breathing, sentient human being, not just a tool to be discarded once the job is done. I mean they don't have to act like he is Barry's long lost twin or anything, but they shouldn't treat him like nothing either.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 04:40 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I would be feeling a bit more from the season semi-finale death if the show hadn't already been predicting/building up to it for awhile. Just saying.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 01:41 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was just thinking "FINALLY!" About time they killed that annoying ***** off.

Now just don't ruin it with a last minute save/retcon.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 02:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

They can't kill of Iris, there has to be something going on to it. It's not the season finale, so there has to be a catch.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 02:51 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heck with comic continuity, make it stick. Iris sucks.

Old Post May 17th, 2017 03:34 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

iris will live next week lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 17th, 2017 10:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Love how they concluded that there was nowhere that Iris was safe from Savitar not even 30 seconds after explaining that Barry would be powerless inside the ARGUS facility.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 17th, 2017 10:55 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

But wouldn't Savitars suit still work in there?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 17th, 2017 11:38 PM