KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

I've been able to enjoy this season just as much as earlier ones, but I think part of it is because I've learned to turn off the cognitive dissonance that comes with PIS. There's a lot of heart in this show - and, shockingly for CW, a lot of good acting performances imo - that transcends the other stuff. Flash remains just a fun "hero" show. I gave up on Arrow a while back because it didn't do enough of those things to keep my attention, but Flash has remained a favorite.

The musical episode and crossover - both destined to be polarizing among fans - were highlights for me. Their ambition in the series remains untouched, even if they do occasionally get into ruts with villains and character arcs.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 02:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Surprisingly, Arrow did actually get better this season, while Flash got worse. Know it may be hard to believe for those who stopped watching the other shows and stuck mainly or only with Flash, but I'm serious. Arrow's slow comeback may have come too late though, but if it keeps getting better like with S5, I hope it gains back some more viewers again. Had its dumb moments too but was still an improvement. Likewise, hope that Flash S4 is better than this one too.

As for the musical episode, I didn't mind it. Can see how it would bother others though to the point they would just skip it and wait for next week's, so couldn't help but tease them when I made my post regarding that episode when it came out. lol

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 02:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, Arrow has been solid this season. And that is probably in large part due to it having the most menacing and threatening villain the show has had for some time. Even when Darhk was literally planning on ending the world, you never felt the stakes like you do with Prometheus.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 05:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

definitely solid.

a solid piece of shit, which is better than loose runny shit that's hard to clean up.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 06:44 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

You just had to bring in the toilet humour.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 02:20 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I was speaking from my own perspective. I enjoy the action shows more when I clump episodes together, maybe because you get more of the overarching story and everything makes more sense. I will agree that this season was not my cup of tea mainly because they seemed to focus on big reveals instead of a decent story but if I gotten there quicker it would have been better personally...

I have to admit I was an Flash then Arrow fan but now im kinda equal in liking them both... im still waiting to watch Arrow last half of the season so im still hopeful.

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 03:21 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Old Post May 22nd, 2017 03:22 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of disposable people...

Anything less then crushing guilt means "better him then Iris!"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 12:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

Old Post May 24th, 2017 12:54 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Expected PIS against Savitar aside, that was kinda bad, yeah, and with what Barry has to go through now anyway, was losing that HR for her to live worth it?

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Savitar got killed by a bullet and BF killed by ice

Lmfao. CW speedsters suck

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:46 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

All Eobard needed was Snart's gun.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:51 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Mediocre finale.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The HR swap was predictable. As in I read an article predicting that exact thing happening like a day after last week's episode.

Also, kind of a nothing ending. The time line changed back to the original future article, while taking the Savitar-disappearing paradox into account after Iris didn't die (and thus him no longer becoming trapped in the Speedforce), so Barry has to come out of the Speedforce again.

And I know it would have been completely ridiculous and made no sense, but when Caitlin said she was "something else", I so wanted her to say she was the Green Arrow.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 07:48 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

So the complaints are about how the powers were portrayed? I dunno, I thought [SPOILER - highlight to read]: trying to help Savitar was a nice character moment. Really got back around to what makes Barry a hero. The ending was emotional too, as was the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: funeral, which, realistically, is the most they were going to get out of this version of Wells. Tom Cavanaugh is a good actor. The tone and mannerisms of all three have been very distinct.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 03:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I enjoyed the two face reference from Cisco, so has Barry disappeared 7 years early?? Or is that still to come in 2024?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 25th, 2017 09:39 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Season 4 is likely to start with "6 months later", with Barry [SPOILER - highlight to read]: exiting the Speedforce, because reasons, and the show then going on as per normal.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 12:47 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

im very thankful for this thread all the finale hoopla has stoked a little interest.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 01:36 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

This whole season has been pretty bad, from the first episode through to the finale. There may have been the odd decent fight/chase but they've been few and far between. Needs a step up next season.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 25th, 2017 05:25 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Season 4 is likely to start with "6 months later", with Barry [SPOILER - highlight to read]: exiting the Speedforce, because reasons, and the show then going on as per normal.
Barry's gonna become absorb the speed force and become a conduit.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I enjoyed the two face reference from Cisco, so has Barry disappeared 7 years early?? Or is that still to come in 2024?

Nah, it alludes to the Crisis on Infinite Earths in the newspaper article. My guess is they're saving that for the series (as opposed to season) finale.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 10:27 PM