KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Vitiate, Exar Kun and Darth Sidious Vs Revan,Luke Skywalker and Yoda

Emperor Vitiate, Exar Kun and Darth Sidious Vs Revan,Luke Skywalker and Yoda
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Kun has far better saber feats than Yoda or Luke. Namely, defeating a 600 year old battlemaster while merely a padawan, stalemating Ulic (who while cut off from the force can compete with notable Jedi in lightsaber dueling), not to mention inventing his own form (that was stated to be an improvement over the existing forms).

Exar Kun is easily the best lightsaber practitioner out of anybody in this thread.
(please log in to view the image)

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Intrepid37

f*ck

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

YOU

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Darth Malak's cybernetic enhancements were said to give him a large power advantage, even up to likes greater then that of Exar Kun's amulets?

Really?

Also I'd give Kun the edge over Revan.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Really?

Also I'd give Kun the edge over Revan.

That's what some action figure description states. Malak has some chops. I am on the fence about Revan vs. Kun, on one hand KOTOR heavily implies Revan and Malak are not on the level of Kun...on the other hand Revan post KOTOR has proven to be very formidable.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I'm nt sure how much I rate action figure descriptions.

I give it to Kun becuase I a) think he's a better duelist and b) think that even though Revan's Tutaminis is great Kun's amulet blasts are overwhelming.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Hmm, I'm nt sure how much I rate action figure descriptions.

I give it to Kun becuase I a) think he's a better duelist and b) think that even though Revan's Tutaminis is great Kun's amulet blasts are overwhelming.

Eh how great of a duelist can you really be with Niman? Considering they are both Niman users I think it'll come down to who is better at utilizing force powers in the midst of Niman. I think Revan can deflect Kun's blasts.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:36 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

Kun has far better saber feats than Yoda or Luke. Namely, defeating a 600 year old battlemaster while merely a padawan, stalemating Ulic (who while cut off from the force can compete with notable Jedi in lightsaber dueling), not to mention inventing his own form (that was stated to be an improvement over the existing forms).

Exar Kun is easily the best lightsaber practitioner out of anybody in this thread.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:39 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Eh how great of a duelist can you really be with Niman?

As good as you anyone else.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Eh how great of a duelist can you really be with Niman? Considering they are both Niman users I think it'll come down to who is better at utilizing force powers in the midst of Niman. I think Revan can deflect Kun's blasts.

To be fair, Kun is an absolute beast with the lightsaber, and is only stalemated by Ulic, which is not a bad thing. There's no one in the era better than either.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by ares834
As good as you anyone else.

Yeah, tell that to the 200 dead Jedi at the Battle of Geonosis.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
To be fair, Kun is an absolute beast with the lightsaber, and is only stalemated by Ulic, which is not a bad thing. There's no one in the era better than either.

Which is kind of why I thought he'd be something of a Juyo master...Niman is the least martial of the forms.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:56 PM
ares834

You're point? The idea that someone using Niman is inferior to a user using a different form solely due the their use of the form is ridiculous. What maters far more than what form they use is to what level they mastered it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Which is kind of why I thought he'd be something of a Juyo master...Niman is the least martial of the forms.

Well, Niman base level is kinda meh. It's meant to be a crash course on all the forms just to get by, and is desired by the peaceful majority of PT Jedi, who haven't fought a Sith in a thousand years. Shatterpoint kind of talks about this from Mace's POV, as most of the victims of AotC were Niman users of questionable value.

That being said, a master level Niman literally knows every style but Makashi, giving the particularly talented and smart ones a large well to draw on and familiarity with most. Creativity and raw power can change it up too.

I always thought the idea that Niman was a pre-req for dual wielding or related to it was an EU snafu, but it perpetuated anyways.

EDIT: The idea that Exar Kun, Mr. Super Competitive and Headstrong, would use Niman kind of boggles the mind and might be a brain bug from Niman's dual wielding snafu.

Last edited by Stealth Moose on Mar 18th, 2014 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I find that using Niman at low levels will with out a doubt be the end of any Jedi or sith willing to use it, however at higher levels of mastery Niman(Proven by Exar Kun) can quite deadly. Also where is it established that Revan uses Niman? Could be that you meant Ataru?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Drew said Niman.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 10:05 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

[B]Well, Niman base level is kinda meh. It's meant to be a crash course on all the forms just to get by, and is desired by the peaceful majority of PT Jedi, who haven't fought a Sith in a thousand years. Shatterpoint kind of talks about this from Mace's POV, as most of the victims of AotC were Niman users of questionable value.

I mean I doubt any of them were close to Kun, but the fact that every Niman user out of some 200 Jedi died at Geonosis is particularly telling about the form's efficiency.
"To compensate for the relaxed focus on bladework, Form VI encourages integrating Force powers into combat."

quote:

That being said, a master level Niman literally knows every style but Makashi, giving the particularly talented and smart ones a large well to draw on and familiarity with most. Creativity and raw power can change it up too.

That's true, but blademasters like Cin Draalig, Mace Windu, Yoda were Masters of all 7 forms, and even Dooku had enough knowledge and mastery of the 7 forms to teach Grievous well enough to kill Masters of said form.

quote:

I always thought the idea that Niman was a pre-req for dual wielding or related to it was an EU snafu, but it perpetuated anyways.

Yeah agreed.

quote:

EDIT: The idea that Exar Kun, Mr. Super Competitive and Headstrong, would use Niman kind of boggles the mind and might be a brain bug from Niman's dual wielding snafu.

Very true. Then again this is the same Universe that has Coleman Trebor be a goddamned Soresu user.

I dunno I am not denying Exar Kun was perhaps the Master of Niman ever, but I just don't see a Master of Niman being superior to Luke and Yoda who are masters of multiple forms.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 11:26 PM
ares834

And I think you're making far too much of a deal about lightsaber forms. We've seen duelists who've mastered multiple forms bested by those who've mastered one or two several times.

Frankly, the feats and accolades are far more important than what forms a character has mastered. That's why I would put duelists like Luke before Exar Kun, because I find their feats more impressive not because they know more forms.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 12:23 AM
chilled monkey

Eh how great of a duelist can you really be with Niman?

Really great. It just means you have to put in a lot more hours than with the other forms.

To be fair they all used Form VI the way it was intended. It was meant to allow the user to focus on other things, while still being capable fighters. Niman is more than enough to handle a few thugs or battle droids but 20,000 droids was too much.

Exar Kun showed that Niman can potentially be just as good as anything else, but you need to work a lot harder to get it to that level. None of those Jedi ever expected they'd need to.

The idea that Exar Kun, Mr. Super Competitive and Headstrong, would use Niman kind of boggles the mind

Not really. It just shows that he saw Niman's full potential and was willing to put in the hours needed to unlock that potential.

He was as you say "Mr. Super Competitive and Headstrong" but he wasn't stupid.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 12:42 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ulic Qel-Droma is imo the most technically gifted lightsaber practitioner in the mythos, and an incredibly powerful Force User to boot. Stalemating him is imo > than anything Luke's ever done. This was also before he started using his double bladed lightsaber and his new form (which was superior to the existing lightsaber forms), as well as going through a significant power boost.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 12:45 AM
ares834

Ulic Qel-Droma is imo the most technically gifted lightsaber practitioner in the mythos,

no expression

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 01:05 AM