KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Is that for his death?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No. It states it during the fight. 1:20 (chat box)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9iRvyoRw2Q

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I think that was an Obi-Wan joke.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:11 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Don't care, this is one of Revan's most impressive accolades.
I nearly stabbed myself that I didn't find it sooner.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No. It states it during the fight. 1:20 (chat box)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9iRvyoRw2Q

Uhh, he had to channel a massive attack, and it only lasted a few seconds.

Might want to place some context in there buddy.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No? The quote stays strong the rest of the battle.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, another note. It seems it is entirely scripted. It occurred at 1:20 in two separate videos. smile

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:15 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

No? The quote stays strong the rest of the battle.

He casts something, you get the message, he gets a temporary buff. The buff says the same thing as the quote. The buff dissapears.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

hold on

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:17 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nvm, it could be timed. I'll check later.

Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Ant.

The "More powerful" buff is NOTHING. All it does is force lifts another member of the group.

So, your little respect thread should say "Revan becomes powerful enough after 4 seconds of channeling to hold someone in the air... for a further 6 seconds."

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Selenial
I Choose Violence

Yeah, just checked another video. It happens in 1 minute and 20 seconds regardless of what happens. Also, proof it was temporarily? The message stays there. And also regardless, still a highly impressive accolade.

I wasn't aware chat boxes were canon.

Do you not know what a buff bar is?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial
Ant.

The "More powerful" buff is NOTHING. All it does is force lifts another member of the group.

So, your little respect thread should say "Revan becomes powerful enough after 4 seconds of channeling to hold someone in the air... for a further 6 seconds."

That's entirely raw game mechanics.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:20 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

That's entirely raw game mechanics.

And the message appearing in a chat box is way more evidence?

So, when my game tells me, through my Chat Box, that my ability is not off cooldown yet, it's Canon that the Darth Nox had to wait 4 seconds between each bout of lightning unless specced into a proper tree?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:22 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Everything you are stating is game mechanics, as is your argument against this quote.
I have no problem with the thought Revan only reaches this point briefly, it actually helps in my favor in the grand scheme on things.
However, that doesn't change the fact that for an unknown amount of time, Revan was more powerful then all of them, and the hype of Vitiate himself.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 17th, 2014 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:24 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I have added over 10 new accolades (I downloaded and went through the dialogue.tlk file in the game), so check them out when you have the chance. smile
---- ---- ----
Better yet, I have also found a new description of Darth Revan's fight with Yusanis, declaring the Echani as its species' most famous warrior (found in the description of Yusanis's Brand).
"Yusanis was the most famous of Echani warriors, fighting against oppression and villainy until encountering Darth Revan. Discovering that Revan had killed an Echani senator, Yusanis attempted to tell authorities but fell to the powers of the Sith Lord, despite his own impressive abilities and the cortosis weave inherent in all Echani vibroblades."
―Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:33 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

You do realise Yusanis was beating Revan in a duel right?

Revan won because his saber melted points in Yusanis' blade, that's it.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:19 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Was this also from the KOTORCG Collectors Edition?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:21 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You have a quote for that?

Is it from the KOTOR Fifth Limited Ultimate Collector's Edition Campaign Guide?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Jul 27th, 2014 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial
You do realise Yusanis was beating Revan in a duel right?

Revan won because his saber melted points in Yusanis' blade, that's it.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
I ****ing died of laughter.
---- ---- ----
I don't want a quote, give me a scan.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 08:24 PM