KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Logan (2017)

Logan (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 18 19 [20]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggerman

Finally saw this. Good movie but I was disappointed with X-24

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 06:25 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

How is this not the best Wolverine movie?

Like...WUT?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:13 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Days of future past is the best wolverine movie

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 05:37 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 25th, 2017 01:14 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Saw this today and was actually super disappointed in it. It wasn't a great movie, or even a good one. It was okay at best.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 06:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shut up nerd

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 12:45 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Saw this today and was actually super disappointed in it. It wasn't a great movie, or even a good one. It was okay at best.

You're not the only one to have this kind of opinion on it. Thought it was solid (at best) but not one of the greatest superhero films ever or anything like that. As emotionally moving as it tried to be, can't please everyone...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:37 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

It was damn depressing, what's the point in me going and seeing anymore x-men films? They're all gonna end up dead anyway

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 12:24 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This film takes place in a separate time line from the main one. Comments from Hugh Jackman, such as:

"When you see the full movie you'll understand. Not only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it's a slightly different universe. It's actually a different paradigm and that will become clear."

"It's a stand alone movie in many ways. It's not really beholden to time lines and story lines in the other movies."

As well as information given in the film itself, such as no new mutant births for 25 years in this film, while there being child/teenage mutants at the end of DoFP, makes this clear.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 08:09 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah but the continuity is messed up in all the X-Men films. So that's nothing new. However X1 was clearly referenced.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 08:15 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

X1 being referenced doesn't really say much. It just means that something in this time line also happened there at some point. While there are some inconsistencies throughout the franchise, Jackman made a point of saying that this specific one is disconnected from the others.

There is one interpretation that is not backed by official sources, but is the one I actually like the most. The notion that the Logan time line is the real one, and the other films we have seen are actually the stories told in the various comics shown in the film.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 08:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just watched this. eh it was ok.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 06:28 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
While there are some inconsistencies throughout the franchise, Jackman made a point of saying that this specific one is disconnected from the others.

Meh, not really sure how official that is.

They should have made it more clear if that was really the case, because let's face it, apart from those of us who happened to have read that interview, the vast majority of audiences will see it as X-Men movie canon. And they'll shrug aside any inconsistencies just like they've done with all the other X-Men films.

Plus there's the case of them planning more films with X-23.

If Lauren Donner says it though then I'd take it more seriously.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Logan Les Miserables Ending

https://youtu.be/Pb6A_ghv0fs

Logan-Jean Valjean
Jean-Fantine
X-23-Cosette
Professor Xavier-Bishop Myriel

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 03:08 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And they'll shrug aside any inconsistencies just like they've done with all the other X-Men films.

Well, in that case, audiences are also likely to just shrug off any future film inconsistencies that might not adhere to what happened in this film. I personally just try and watch them all as their own individual films, and not as part of something bigger, like I do the MCU or DCEU films, for example. Because all the time-line shenanigans and inconsistencies result in issues like the current one we are discussing.

Also, more movies with X-23 isn't really indicative of anything. The Legion TV show seems to be a separate time line (despite him also being he son of Xavier in that continuity), yet that's probably Fox's most critically acclaimed X-men-related property, and has been renewed for a second season.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 15th, 2017 at 07:48 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 07:46 AM
Darth Thor

^ Meh they've not really made it ultra clear Legion is an X-Men related show. In any case it only has like 1million viewers. So hardly worth mentioning on this topic IMO.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 08:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

What? It's a Fox show about mutants (they even use the term "mutant" at several points in the show), and they showed Xavier's wheelchair (with the big "X" on the side of the wheel) during a flashback sequence. They even had an iconic X-men villain, the Shadow King, as the big bad for the first season. Even though the tone and style is different, it's pretty obvious to me what the show is. They also had the Marvel logo in the trailers (and during the credits of every episode). If people can't figure out Marvel + mutants + Xavier, then it's not the show being unclear. It's the viewers being obtuse.

Anyway, the point is that Fox doesn't seem intimidated by playing with multiple separate time-lines/continuities. It does still amaze me that the X-men franchise has evolved to this point, despite its flaws, yet Fox screwed the F4 up so spectacularly.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 15th, 2017 at 09:50 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 09:42 AM
Darth Thor

^ Its obvious to you and me, but not "obvious" to your GA. Don't think the term "mutant" or an obscure image of Prof X in one episode makes it as blatantly clear as you make out. Nor does a villain whose never been referenced in the movies. Nor has the marketing or title been very clear on the X-Connection.

Also The show focuses on completely different characters so contradictions to the films won't be as clear either.

And even for the people who see all that, just like the DC Tv shows are different from the movies, they might assume the same about Legion and the X-Films. And again, the show doesn't even get a million viewers, so it's not a big issue either way.

Yes Fox clearly isn't too concerned with consistency.

FF is a disgrace. I'm so annoyed they've been clinging onto Silver Surfer and Galactus for decades now, and Done Nothing with them outside of that Rise of the Surfer crap. Plus the consistent screwing up of Dr. Doom. It can't go back to Marvel soon enough.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 10:46 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's a Fox Mutant show with clear Marvel advertising. I remember showing the first trailer to a friend, who isn't into the comics, and the moment they heard "mutant", after seeing the Marvel logo at the beginning, they asked, "oh, is this an X-men thing?". So, there are clearly elements of the general audience who are able to connect the dots. Also, Xavier's wheelchair with the X on it is pretty iconic (in fact, the chair shown in the flashback is one of the chairs used in the original trilogy).

Except things like the DC tv shows make it very clear that they are a completely separate thing to the films. They even have their own versions of the Flash, Superman, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn (though we only ever hear her voice), and others. Even shows like Gotham have their own versions of Alfred etc.

Anyway, like I said, the point is that X-23 getting more films is not really much of an indicator of continuity. Fox would throw out everything up until now and just go on with her story if they thought it would make them the most money.

It does make me wonder where the actual f*** Deadpool fits into everything. Based on what some of the people behind the first film said, they intentionally screwed around with things like continuity, but believe that what we see with Deadpool will become more integrated down the line.

Interesting thing on the F4. Technically, Fox has control of the Watchers and the Skrulls, being F4 associated entities, yet we saw the Watchers in GotG2. According to Feige, they have a kind of "joint custody" over certain races. I don't know if that will open any doors down the line for other crossovers though.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 15th, 2017 at 11:18 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 11:15 AM
prabhash.s
Restricted

Account Restricted

Logan awesome movie.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 10:28 AM
prabhash.s is currently offline Click here to Send prabhash.s a Private Message Find more posts by prabhash.s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote