KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Sucker Ko'd? He got dropped through a building in AOU. That's not bad imo.

Not even simply dropped either. Tony lets him fall initially, but just so that he can create enough space to fire off some missiles for extra effect, and charge into Hulk at speed, actively slamming him through the building, floor after floor, and then having the thing collapse on him afterwards. That alone would ruin most people's (even superpowered people) day.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 05:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Originally posted by TheHulk
Honestly, imo, Hulk is getting low key shafted. Yea Hulk is treated like an unstoppable rage monster but he always ends up looking the fool every time he appears .

Exhibit A- In Avengers, h gets distracted by a jet and then proceeds to fall from 1000 plus ft in the air. Granted it's implied Hulk did not get knocked unconscious and that's incredible when yo consider how high he fell from

Exhibit B- In Age Of Ultron, Hulk gets suckered KOed by Iron Man. Yeah he looked like he was doing well against Hulkbuster but still....many consider that a lost for Hulk.

Exhibit C- Now we have Thor Ragnorak and honestly, Thor was just punking Hulk the entire time imo and they obviously made it(it's Thor's movie so it may be alright) sure that Thor looks better in the end.

Yeah.....no point for Hulk being portrayed as this strong monster if he can't beat anybody erm

Edit: Holy sh!t though the warriors 3 got the worse smack in this movie.....also what was Sif doing? They did not even bother explain her absence...

Really? See I think Hulk has been treated pretty respectfully, he's been portrayed as unstoppable when he's running riot and is clearly the strongest/most durable Avenger.

In regards to the Hulkbuster fight Im scratching my head to think of who else could tank what Hulk did without being hurt? He was immediately up and unharmed after being rammed through an exploding skyscraper, that's impressive. Thor for example isn't just shrugging that off.
Had the hex not conveniently wore off Iron Man would've been food but plot armour saved him and he exploited his opening when Hulk was vulnerable. Also dont skate over the fact that this was Hulk vs Tony in his Hulk-buster suit with months/years of prep AND help from Banner. Fight would've been over in 2-3 minutes without the additional pieces of armour reforming the suit. Prep is MASSIVE for genius minds just look at what Batman did to Superman!

Have you not watched Planet Hulk or read the books? In both cases Hulk never completely had his way with either BRB or Surfer, he took a heavy beating in the beginning (and even had help) before his physicality turned the tide. Ragnarok pretty much followed the same pattern albeit one or two changes because it was a Thor movie. Thor was completely in his element, he's a warrior and has far superior skill that was used to his advantage until [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hulk palmed his hammer shot. Hulk is wreckless at the best of times and Thor has the power to send him for a loop, but does he have enough to ko Hulk? Not sure, however [SPOILER - highlight to read]: we know now that Hulk is capable of ko'ing Thor.

Last edited by The Sorrow on Oct 28th, 2017 at 08:16 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 08:09 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sucker Ko'd? He got dropped through a building in AOU. That's not bad imo.

It broke his mindcontrol. That's when Tony sucker punched him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:40 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It broke his mindcontrol. That's when Tony sucker punched him.

I just checked, and right you are.

Still... Not really a low showing at all imo. It took all that just to knock some sense in to him.

And we know what the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: quinjet said about him in Thor 3.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Lmao at Thor's face during that scene
Welcome ......
Thor:What?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:55 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

But [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Surtur was a wimp, even relatively when compared to the comics

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:00 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
But [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Surtur was a wimp, even relatively when compared to the comics

Wimp character, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: planet buster, I guess they couldn't get the rights to Terrax.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:32 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

how many scenes are there in the credits?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 12:10 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

2, as usual.

Middle-credits + post-credits.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 01:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Middle one is good. Post one is kinda meh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

2, as usual.

AOU had one didn't it? GOTG had multiple, wasn't sure if it'd be one, two or more cuz I don't wanna leave and find out I missed one which is always annoying

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:22 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

2, as usual.

so. golgo is forcing me to stay?? hahaha

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Middle one is good. Post one is kinda meh.

thumb up

Audience got pretty pissed. "Not worth the wait", etc.

Originally posted by steverules_2
AOU had one didn't it? GOTG had multiple, wasn't sure if it'd be one, two or more cuz I don't wanna leave and find out I missed one which is always annoying

There were some exceptions, sure. It's always good to ask.

Anyway, yeah, with this one... you need to stay till the very end to see it all.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:56 PM
Darth Thor

Top movie.

Stilt crying about the fight I see.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nah, it was ok. Sucks it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: unresolved, though.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:01 PM
Darth Thor

That was to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: prevent Hulk fanboys from crying for the rest of their lives. Pretty obvious Grandmaster stopped it to protect Hulk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Good to hear.

Few more days

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:31 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That was to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: prevent Hulk fanboys from crying for the rest of their lives. Pretty obvious Grandmaster stopped it to protect Hulk

Heh, keep living in a fantasy world. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Grandmaster couldn't fathom the real power of the Hulk. Thor was going to get smashed, SSJ or not.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:36 PM
Darth Thor

^ Your Hulk fantasies are finished Stilt. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a stalemate is the best you can ever argue for. And btw, Grand Master didn’t stop the fight, he only stopped Thor stick out tongue

The saddest part, for me, is that we won't get to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cap actually lift Mjolnir in Infinity War, unless Thor makes a new one, which I doubt will happen.

Yeah. I wanted that as well, and thought we would see it after it was hinted in AOU.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:01 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And Hulk still delivered the KO punch.

Also, nice to see how the Avengers know exactly who their strongest member is.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:17 AM