KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Honestly, Thor had him on the ropes.

Yup.

Blatantly obvious.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok.

They must've had a ton of fun doing this movie. The action, the humor: this hit the same nuanced balance, imo, that Chris Reeves did in 1978's Superman movie. Just enough tongue-in-cheek to remind us this is a live-action comic-book without spoiling the action or drama.

PS: Blanchett as Hela was great.

PPS: If I were to make one criticism of Thor:Rag, it's that it seemed a little too Star-Warsy near the end. But hey, these are the times. Comic books have been more scifi for a while now, so it did make some sense this would translate into film ... especially with Thanos looming.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:51 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I loved the whole 80's vibe.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:34 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

My only real problem was again too much humor. That being said it didn't ruin the movie for me like the Dark World. In some ways it helped. Im sure Infinity War will be much, much darker in tone

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 01:32 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Getting ready to watch Thor is there anything in the post credits?

The Word

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 10:58 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by kevdude
Getting ready to watch Thor is there anything in the post credits?

Of course there is.

Mid-credits and post-credits. Stay to the end.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

^ just making sure. Will do! Thanks

The Word

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:22 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Np. Enjoy.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by Mindship

PPS: If I were to make one criticism of Thor:Rag, it's that it seemed a little too Star-Warsy near the end.
They are getting ready for Guardians Of The Galaxy to fit in main stream Avengers

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on Nov 17th, 2017 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:28 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Most likely, yeah thumb up

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:39 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Best of the Thor movies which isn't saying much since the first two were garbage. Really liked Ragnarok. A bit too much Guardians style humor but overall really good.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 03:13 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
They are getting ready for Guardians Of The Galaxy to fit in main stream Avengers
That ... makes sense.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 12:51 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Colossus is full of surprises, Mindship.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 01:06 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I feel Ragnarok was the most fun comic movie Ive seen this year. Logan is probably the best.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 02:22 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

I liked it, on the level of the first 2. Kind of too many funny parts in the movie for a Ragnarok story.

The Word

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 03:03 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by kevdude
I liked it, on the level of the first 2. Kind of too many funny parts in the movie for a Ragnarok story.
I agree but I do think its Marvel saying "enjoy it while you can....." Im pretty sure Infinity War is going to be dark.....really dark. And as John Campea said, Ragnarok might be the darkest MCU film yet....at least in terms of what happened.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 03:13 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I feel Ragnarok was the most fun comic movie Ive seen this year.

thumb up

Sick action.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:41 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, this is my favorite MCU movie behind Avengers and Captain America First Avenger

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:43 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

CA:TFA was your second favorite MCU film?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
CA:TFA was your second favorite MCU film?
Yeah it is one of the most immersive origin stories I’ve seen and some of the best character work. It’s a movie with less action but a lot of beautiful moments.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:48 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote