KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » H/P Doomsday, Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy, & Pre-Crisis Validus vs Gorr, WBH, & Odin

H/P Doomsday, Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy, & Pre-Crisis Validus vs Gorr, WBH, & Odin
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by operator616
Well i actually already answered your questions at the beginning of this thread.

Anyway, SA Superboy was trans-level (low or mid at best), and SA Superboy admitted that Validus is a dozen times stronger than himself in Adventure Comics #366 (1968, Silver Age). Sometimes it seemed to be true, other times it did not.

Great.

Now Validus is 12 times stronger than Superboy, this by any reasonable standard puts him in the Skyfather level in strength and durability.

Why would Odin simply dispatch of Validus at this level of power?

P.S Low or Mid trans is debatable.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 07:29 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Great.

Now Validus is 12 times stronger than Superboy, this by any reasonable standard puts him in the Skyfather level in strength and durability.

Why would Odin simply dispatch of Validus at this level of power?

P.S Low or Mid trans is debatable.

You ignored the part where i said that sometimes it didn't seem to be true. Because it's not like Validus can take on 12 superboy(s) on an average day. Like, at all. Not to mention that 3 Superboy level characters KOed Validus. Bronze Age Superboy level. Meaning he's lower than Silver Age (i actually already explained this, but im repeating myself since everything is getting ignored)

And that's what....the only thing that can even put Validus on skyfather level?

How about Validus not being able to break out of inertron no matter how hard he tried ( Adventure Comics #352):

http://i.imgur.com/dx1aEJP.jpg

Same Inertron that was broke by Ultra-Boy (who has Superboy level strength) in Adventure comics #379:

http://i.imgur.com/bY5Ft7M.jpg

And the one that Superboy could break (#378):

http://i.imgur.com/0qbJB97.jpg

Karate Kid (who doesn't even have any superhuman powers, but he has retarded martail arts, which honestly seem like herald level most times) literally broke Inertron as well in Superboy #231:

http://i.imgur.com/NyQuI4d.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/og5OMZH.jpg

And that's the same comic where Validus was contained in it:

http://i.imgur.com/Q9crm4F.jpg

Gimbor also contained Validus in a cage according to Superboy #221:

http://i.imgur.com/VYkb523.jpg?1

And the substance couldn't have been more powerful than inertron.

Ive referenced the inertron part already but it got ignored of course.

--------------

That aside though, you also ignored all my previous points and "proceeded" as if they weren't there. I knew something like this would happen which is why i didn't respond to you. I knew you're gonna ignore this.

But ill repeat:

Sun Eater was confirmed to dwarf Validus:

http://i.imgur.com/1ni5jon.jpg?1

And that's the same Sun Eater who destroys a galaxy by wiping out the stars one by one:

http://imgur.com/wNZMkvo

And that's the same Sun Eater who was destroys by an explosion that Superboy could have survived:

http://i.imgur.com/RUb4bin.jpg

Here's a retelling from Secrets of LOSH #3 confirming this:

http://i.imgur.com/Di6GZ12.jpg?1

Along with Darkseid creating and uncreating Validus. And Darkseid was a solid trans level character, pre crisis. As i already proved.

There's very little to say that Validus is a skyfather. Much less an Odin level skyfather. He's trans, always has been.

And Odin can handle Validus since he has much better feats. In case you're unaware let me know, and ill give you a list. He's had multiple fully universal feats.

Though im pretty sure all of the above is going to get ignored yet again. We wouldn't want Validus to look below skyfather now would we? Nah, we'll just use that single statement from Superboy and gauge his entire power based on it, while ignoring everything else.

Last edited by operator616 on Jul 31st, 2014 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 09:34 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Yes, post Odin feats thumb up

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 10:18 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He may as well be trans if we don't take the "billions" statement literally and instead understand the implication of the statement; that SE dwarfs them, but not by billions of times.
Then you disagree with your own scans that sun eater was billions of times more powerful than Validus? Good.

quote:
The word "billion" is used to indicate huge number not necessarily literally as it is.
Haha, what? It plainly states that its billions of times more powerful than LOSH and Fatal Five combined. It can't get any literal than that.
quote:
This is basic stuff. I admit that earlier i didn't give it much thought, because i was basing SE power, based on it being a gradual galaxy buster (Destroys stars one by one), while not factoring in its battle with LOSH/FF. Though now that i think of it, and take everything into consideration, i can see that it could be regarded as low skyfather. Considering the below:
Low skyfather? Based on gradual destruction of stars?

You are taking space cheese too seriously.

quote:
Anyway, i don't care that much whether it's high trans or low skyfather, because either way, it's not on Odin's level period. It is a galaxy buster, but it's a gradual one. It destroys stars one by one:

http://i.imgur.com/wNZMkvo.jpg?1
Considering I don't use space cheese as indication of power level, I don't give a shit about how it destroys galaxies or whatnot.

quote:
And after their battle with it, Tharok literally build a bomb within minutes which blew it up. Superboy said that he could have survived the explosion if he went (but couldn't since he was still weakened):

And it's confirmed in a retelling of Secrets of LOSH #3:

Wait what? Sun eaters are vulnerable inside their nucleus. That's how they are defeated nearly everytime. But now Superboy could have survived an explosion billions of times more powerful sun eater couldn't? Awesome.

quote:
"only Superboy could have survived"

So like i said, it might as well be trans.
Or Superboy is tougher than you realize.

quote:
It is a high shown for Thor, and a low showing for Odin, obviously. Since he's depowered Thor 3 times before that instance.
Depowering has nothing to do with that.

quote:
I already proved that he was amped. See my previous and upcoming response to deathslash.
Will do.

quote:
Empty claim. "Nice excuse" isn't a refutation. It's just an indication that you have no counter. Good to know.
No, its just that. You have lots of excuses. I get it.

quote:
Can't you read or something? I clearly said that it was in his early appearances (1960s) in Adventure Comics. Look at what we have in issue #338:

http://i.imgur.com/tfjyy9f.jpg?1

He was originally meant to be a mastermind criminal kind of villain. And by COIE he wasn't a weakling, no. But still not as powerful overall as he became later on. I can go into full details if you'd like, and ill prove it.
What? That bio is after COIE where he was creating universes.

quote:
But that doesn't matter anyway, since Darkseid was compared to him on the basis of being a threat on his level, and he achieved that through amping.
The bio didn't mention that Time Trapper rivalled an amped Darkseid.

quote:
Mangog was > Ego and Orikal, so it's understandable. Not sure why you feel the need to lowball Odin through Mangog.
Hahaha, using ABC comparison at its finest. But I can do what you're trying to do too considering Orikal was captured by Troll King and couldn't escape from mere lava and would've died if Thor hadn't rescued him from that.

quote:
So you compare Validus' high showings with Mangog's low showings. Totally not bias.
High showings? He routinely merked Superboy as flea, Mon-El couldn't even harm him on separate occassions and like that. Its his average.

quote:
How about this. Mangog was superior to Ego (Galactus level in that time period), and Orikal, while Validus gets one-shotted by Bronze Age Superboy, Mon-El and Ultra-Boy.
I don't use comparisons when Mangog and Ego have never fought. But I like how you consider being compared to someone makes them automatically superior. So was Desak celestial level and King Thor killed a celestial level being merged with destroyer?

quote:
Seems legit doesn't it? Anyway, we compare averages, and Classic Mangog's average was always near Odin. That's enough for me to say that Validus is no Mangog.
And Validus' average was far above Superboy who was stronger than Odin and Thor combined. So yeah, Mangos can't even lick Validus' boots.

quote:
Addressed above.
Not really. Your opinions aren't facts.

quote:
Though i guess a being billions of times more powerful than Legion + Fatal Five can only destroy a galaxy by destroying the stars one by one.
Who the **** cares?

quote:
Superboy, Mon-el and Ultra-Boy are capable of destroying a star. Validus can too most likely, Mano can one-shot planets with a single touch.
Show me Mangog doing that please. Even bronze age Superman was able to traverse under the infinite gravity of creation and survive the ****ing big bang.

quote:
And SE is billions of times stronger that them yet can't destroy a galaxy instantly and instead destroys it by taking out the stars one by one.
Again, who gives a shit? Mangog has never even destroyed a planet and oneshotted Odin. Orikal has never done that either. I can list on and on.

quote:
No it's not. And i don't even see why you think so. The guy was using Superboy pulling a galaxy worth of planets as an average showing, so i pointed out that he also pulled a single planet with all his strength in other instances. That's how we know that it's not an average showing (along with many other instances which indicate so, some of which i already referenced).
Its as much of an average showing as Odin destroying a galaxy.

quote:
Yes really. It's the same thing with you all the time. Whenever i argue against DC you say that im lowballing them.
No, when I see you lowballing I say you're lowballing.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:06 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

This is just a prime example of how you fail to comprehend what im saying.

You realize that i never said that Odin can do that to whoever he likes right? In fact i said the exact opposite. in the beginning of this thread:
So, no reason to say he can do that to Validus. Good.

quote:
Can you read what i said here ^^^ ...?
Seriously? You are becoming really obnoxious at this point.

quote:
Prof. MCabe was asking why Odin didn't use time stop on Mangog, i replied why would he need to do that given that he can cut him from his power source. Then you jumped in and assumed i was talking about Validus.

Pay attention next time.
So we agree that he can't do that to Validus? Good.

quote:
My point is explaining what's the discussion between me and Prof was about, before you barged in.
And?

quote:
And that's what this was all about : Explaining what's the discussion was about. I never brought anything against you.
This isn't anything personal.

quote:
Pay attention.
Quit being a jackass.

quote:
Not sure what's funny about it...? Because I offered a very accurate assessment of what happened in the comics.
I was laughing at you thinking you were actually right. Thor defeated Ego. So has BRB. So has several others. So?

quote:
No he didn't kill Orikal.
he killed Mangog who stomped Orikal.

quote:
No it wasn't a hyperbole because this kind of thing happens multiple times in comics. Heck, you Eternity example actually supports this point as opposed to contradict it.
Oh really? How does Eternity exerting his whole power to destroy a single planet supports your point?

quote:
In different comics, under different writers. So i can't see why even though it seems weird.
Different writers? And these Orikal/Mangog and whatever scans you're using aren't from different writers>

quote:
And even then, let's not forget that not everything that eyeball was saying, was actually true. There are several things contradictory about eyeball's story, like Odin's origins. Refer to Thor #355 for example. Now, im not saying that everything that eyeball said was false since there are other accounts supporting some of eyeballs stories, merely that it was off on some details, and maybe the one you're referencing was on of them.
A different writers retconning it doesn't means the eye saying something altogether different was wrong. Either prove it was wrong or shut up.

quote:
Pretty sure that beating Odin is more impressive than beating Superboy and Mon-el together.
No, it isn't. You have very inflated view on Odin's durability.

quote:
BA PC. Important distinction.
Even BA PC characters have retarded feats. Just before COIE, Superman and Supergirl fought Blackstarr who could literally reshape the universe. Guess what happened?

quote:
Lol if you think that 3 PC characters can KO anyone short of abstracts. You are truly deluded about PC power levels.
You mean like Superman didn't fight people like Maaldor and something? Weird, I thought he did.

quote:
Same comic, 2 pages earlier:

http://i.imgur.com/WkVSg2X.jpg?1

"i (do) not wield my father's full Odin-power"

Nothing more needs to be said really.
Now you're being Bran.

One panel below.

(please log in to view the image)

"I'm growing stronger with every moment." Considering Odin didn't feel any weaker when he returned to his body, I'm pretty sure Loki wasn't any weaker when he was stunned by Masterson Thor. Did I step on your toes, o great operator?

quote:
And you're assuming that he wanted to KO Thor in that instance?
You're assuming he wasn't? Why?

quote:
But it'd be more in character for Odin not to use this ability and let himself lose. Right? If it's purely physical then he might as well amp himself.
You mean he pounded on Thor with mjolnir for nothing? Well. your excuses are getting more laughable.

quote:
It happened at a time period when Odin's power-level wasn't properly established yet.
That doesn't means it wasn't carried out in Thor 291, where Thor actually proved himself stronger.

quote:
Did i specify that it's specifically limited to strength and durability? Did the OP do that? Or is it because you are desperate of giving Validus the win, and even you know that the only possible to do that is by comparing them physically.
I've no problems saying that Odin would beat Validus if he goes versatile. What I'm disputing is the wanking of characters like Mangog just because they happen to fight odin.

quote:
In which case, you still fail, because there can still be made a good argument in Odin's favor.
In average case, no it can't be.

quote:
Just so you know though, i was talking about their overall power.
And I'm talking about physical power. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that someone might be better than your precious skyfathers in certain areas?

quote:
Well, first of all, if you actually read the scans i posted you'll notice that Highfather never beat Darkseid to begin with, he merely weakened him enough for Orion's astro-force to overpower him.
Well, that's enough power for Highfather to weaken a universal power to be overpowered by herald level attacks, don't you think?

quote:
Though presumably Highfather weakened him a great deal, since in NG v1 #16 Orion admitted that his Astro-Force pales in comparison with Darkseid's power.
Good.

quote:
And Darkseid gets vaporized by Desaad's uni canon.
Odin got drained by troll weaponry, Galactus was drained by Reed and Quasar. Tech is haxx in comics and NEW GOD Tech is really haxxx. Or did you forget Genesis?

quote:
The only way to make this showing good for Darkseid is for Highfather to be multiversal, which he most definitely isn't.
Again with the circular logic. Darkseid was definitely universal there and Highfather still weakened him enough. So why don't you just stop denying what's in your face?

quote:
You can go ahead and quote me when did i say that Darkseid is a skyfather. I hope you're not referring to the time where i said that Darkseid's feats are better than Zeus'. Which is true, and i specifically said it depends on what you mean by "skyfather", because it may be a title or a reference to power level. And skyfathers vary, but ive seen many people think when the term skyfather is used, it means the character is a galaxy buster, which is why i sometimes avoid using it.
No, that's not skyfather term means. Destroying a galaxy or a universe means shit if you can't back it up by combat feats.

quote:
You're missing the point; standard PC Darkseid doesn't have any feats to put him at skyfather level, and those showings prove that.
Well, I disagree.

quote:
Your reasoning for him being superior to Odin is literally because of 2 statements (which are actually misinterpreted from you, but even if they weren't they are still statements and not showings), and GDS where he was amped (and even then, taking on a blast from LOSH, with Ultra-Boy and Wildfire being the only members comparable to Superboy from the team who attacked Darkseid; not sure how's that put him on Odin's level.
Where did I say he is superior to Odin? And it certainly does in my eyes.

quote:
And again, among the members who attacked Darkseid, Wildfire and Ultra-boy are the only ones comparable to Superboy.

Star Boy, Sun Boy, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Elemental Lad are all meh.
Hahahaha. Oh you and your high standards.

quote:
Here's Darkseid being endangered by the Forever People in #8 though (specifically Moonrider), and later admits that he was in danger laughing out loud:

http://i.imgur.com/Sv4RA1n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AGrpKUL.jpg
And where he casually beat Infinity Man? Color me shocked.

quote:
Which is why he had to bfr them away.
Oh really?

quote:
Excuse? More like putting the statement into proper context.
Nah, excuses.

quote:
You do realize this happened after he stole Mordru's and TT/Controller's powers, right?
Right.

quote:
But ok. Someone of Mon-el's class or above? Sure thing. Here's Odin one-shot killing Hela in Thor #190:

http://i.imgur.com/KlWMDht.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XTHo8fF.jpg

(and later resurrecting her)
The same Hela who gets routinely overpowered by Thor and stalemated by Enchantress? Bwahaha. Now I know you're WANKING marvel characters like your life depends upon it.

quote:
Yeah, it's not like you're bias or anything. Honest question: Do you read Marvel comics for the sole reason of lowballing its characters? Because i never see you posting a nice showing for any of its character ever. It's always lowballing with you.
No, I don't read marvel comics for that purpose and neither have I lowballed any characters in this thread. But nice to see you whining like bran with the lowballing.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

How about Validus not being able to break out of inertron no matter how hard he tried ( Adventure Comics #352):

Same Inertron that was broke by Ultra-Boy (who has Superboy level strength) in Adventure comics #379:

Karate Kid (who doesn't even have any superhuman powers, but he has retarded martail arts, which honestly seem like herald level most times) literally broke Inertron as well in Superboy #231:

my only problem with using those inertron showings as a strength-gauge, is that i don't think you're considering their respective thicknesses(which is a very important variable.)

the inertron box that housed the miracle machine(which ultra-boy and superboy were stated to be able to break) was relatively thin:
http://i.imgur.com/nHV8cxk.jpg
same coin, the inertron bonds that karate kid broke were extremely thin.

conversely, the inertron prison validus was housed in was enormous--mountain-like:
http://i.imgur.com/v8o47xl.jpg
the showings you posted would only be applicable to val if the inertron in question was the same thickness as his prison--which it clearly wasn't.

especially when we know for sure that outside of a few low-end/PIS showings, silver age validus was consistently portrayed as far more powerful than silver age superboy-level beings. examples...

superboy hits val with a "full force" strike, which only succeeds in making val 'wince' a bit. superboy, however, was nearly KO'd by his own attack:
http://i.imgur.com/wfwGYlz.jpg

val was also capable of owning superboy with a casual backhand:
http://i.imgur.com/p0u5DDR.jpg

owns superboy in a few panels again:
http://i.imgur.com/Eqzd96H.jpg

ergo superboy's statement that val was "a dozen times" more powerful than he:
http://i.imgur.com/u0a5QWc.jpg

superboy isn't the only being of that caliber whom validus stomped. here val tanks mon-el's strike, before grabbing/overpowering him(with super-speed, btw), and throwing him into the ground with such force that he was sent completely through the entire planet:
http://i.imgur.com/vRYA2d4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/f8fqgCH.jpg

we also have val being completely unfazed by mon-el's punch(despite it being a cheap shot):
http://i.imgur.com/hQEiITT.jpg

owns mon-el again:
http://i.imgur.com/ip9NSNw.jpg

overpowers mon-el(again), but this time casually restrains him in an lulz-worthy manner:
http://i.imgur.com/i8YJVZO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BNOlo4W.jpg

in fact, superboy flat-out stated that mon-el was "even stronger" than himself:
http://i.imgur.com/hruUtiD.jpg

...and i guess that explains why it took a surprise attack from superboy+mon-el+ultra-boy just to 'topple' validus:
http://i.imgur.com/NelebBO.jpg

and just for fun...

validus' who's who bio confirms that his strength is >>> a kryptonian's:
http://i.imgur.com/OwmONwH.jpg
"validus possesses strength and invulnerability FAR greater than that of a kryptonian in an earthly environment."

here val easily rips a moon-sized mass from a planet:
http://i.imgur.com/fJVDUng.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uVDURgE.jpg

despite being weakened from a previous encounter with a sun-eater, validus battled yet another sun-eater until he forced it to retreat:
http://i.imgur.com/gLvxHqA.jpg
yes, i am aware they were each 1/8 fragments of the 'prime' sun-eater, but even so, out of all the LoSH and F5 members who battled a sun-eater fragment, val is the only being who managed to fend one off--and he did so while weak. uber.

anyhow, none of the above changes my opinion regarding the outcome of this battle. i just mentioned that stuff because i didn't want anyone to misunderstand your post, and try claiming that silver age val was a sub-par feeb or somesuch. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 1st, 2014 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:30 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
silver age val was a sub-par feeb
thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:35 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Well i actually already answered your questions at the beginning of this thread.

Anyway, SA Superboy was trans-level (low or mid at best), and SA Superboy admitted that Validus is a dozen times stronger than himself in Adventure Comics #366 (1968, Silver Age). Sometimes it seemed to be true, other times it did not.

I already said all of this, but you didn't pay attention.

Happened off panel so don't know how much time it took him, how much technology he used, etc... We know nothing about that feat. And even then, is this somehow supposed to justify the fact that he's more powerful than Validus?

And i don't know why you're referencing Darkseid's feats? Because we're discussing whether he was amped or not; referencing Darkseid's feats doesn't help with that.
Though i like how you ignored everything else i said. Guess scans would be more convincing then.

Must i repeat the fact that he said "i am fulfilled" when he absorbed the orb (he also previously absorbed Excalibur):

http://i.imgur.com/VHWy56Y.jpg?1

And the bio confirms that it's the necessary power level that he wanted.

http://i.imgur.com/IPMIBpA.jpg?1

Which can either be that he got his full power back or that he obtained even more than his full power. Either way, Darkseid was at least full power at that point. And after that he stole Mordru's powers:

http://i.imgur.com/iXAIYQO.jpg

And TT's (revealed to be a controller in Legionnaires 3):

http://i.imgur.com/yOJEwjg.jpg

You call that not amped?

And you really think standard PC Darkseid would be able to mindrape an entire planet? When most of New Gods v1 and Forever People v1 focused on Darkseid coming to Earth and seeking the ALE from the Earth's population (this is one scan from Forever People #3, but there are far more):

http://i.imgur.com/x71qwe0.jpg?1

So for someone who can mindrape billions of daxamites, it shouldn't be a problem doing the same for Earth's population; yet he couldn't even do it to a city much less the whole planet.

Along with using space warps, which he used extensively, you'd think that given he loves this ability so much and the fact that he uses it many times, he'd have shown it at least one time before. But no. Off the top of my head i can reference you to Hunger Dogs, where he was desperately trying to escape Apokolips because it was going to blow up, and he used a goddamn vehicle instead of, y'know, creating a space warp and being out of there in a second. Well, i agree that characters don't always use their abilities even sometimes in cases where those abilities are needed, but considering that Darkseid has never showed this ability to begin with, it doesn't help his case.

Wait what? He said he was fullfilled for that moment. It was later that he realized that what he thought was his full power, it has actually waned since he slept.

So he was fulfilled to a weaker power level, not at full power level even after he absorbed every one of beings and artifacts.

Here he directly states that he might have admired Supergirl's persistence once upon a time but now he didn't have the time to waste on her.

Not to mention, your circumstantial evidence that in one series he couldn't control some people, and he controlled several billion daxamites means he was amped is ridiculously laughable. Guess Thomas depowered Odin against Celestials after all.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:38 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

You ignored the part where i said that sometimes it didn't seem to be true. Because it's not like Validus can take on 12 superboy(s) on an average day. Like, at all. Not to mention that 3 Superboy level characters KOed Validus. Bronze Age Superboy level. Meaning he's lower than Silver Age (i actually already explained this, but im repeating myself since everything is getting ignored)

--------------

That aside though, you also ignored all my previous points and "proceeded" as if they weren't there. I knew something like this would happen which is why i didn't respond to you. I knew you're gonna ignore this.

But ill repeat:

And that's the same Sun Eater who destroys a galaxy by wiping out the stars one by one:

And that's the same Sun Eater who was destroys by an explosion that Superboy could have survived:

Along with Darkseid creating and uncreating Validus. And Darkseid was a solid trans level character, pre crisis. As i already proved.

There's very little to say that Validus is a skyfather. Much less an Odin level skyfather. He's trans, always has been.

And Odin can handle Validus since he has much better feats. In case you're unaware let me know, and ill give you a list. He's had multiple fully universal feats.

Though im pretty sure all of the above is going to get ignored yet again. We wouldn't want Validus to look below skyfather now would we? Nah, we'll just use that single statement from Superboy and gauge his entire power based on it, while ignoring everything else.
That's some really shitty way to lowball I might say. After all, Odin was contained by ice from Casket of Ancient Winters.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And then Thor was unaffected by a direct blast from it point blank.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The double standards you are using are ridiculously laughable.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:42 AM
LordofBrooklyn

--------------

But ill repeat:

I'm curious, if I were to find as many instances of Odin failing to meet challenges achieved by lower characters, would that diminish his statuus?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:08 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
thumb up

LIES!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:21 AM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I'm really enjoying seeing the arguments for and against Odin and Validus. This was actually a pretty good thread.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:30 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by abhilegend
Then you disagree with your own scans that sun eater was billions of times more powerful than Validus? Good.

Haha, what? It plainly states that its billions of times more powerful than LOSH and Fatal Five combined. It can't get any literal than that. Low skyfather? Based on gradual destruction of stars?

You are taking space cheese too seriously.

Considering I don't use space cheese as indication of power level, I don't give a shit about how it destroys galaxies or whatnot.

Wait what? Sun eaters are vulnerable inside their nucleus. That's how they are defeated nearly everytime. But now Superboy could have survived an explosion billions of times more powerful sun eater couldn't? Awesome.

Or Superboy is tougher than you realize.

I really like how you're using this "billions of times" literally so that you could justify the showing.

Amped Validus was stalemating it for minutes, with planetary force though:

http://i.imgur.com/CRVAb98.jpg

And you'll notice that amped Persuader's axe (which is equal to Mano's touch, which at best is planet busting) outright split it.

So that ought to help you understand that it wasn't literally billions of times. Though it did dwarf them. And it's still low skyfather at best.

You realize that the fact that the SE has a weakness in its nucleus (which is its core) is irrelevant here? Because Tharok specifically mentioned that the bomb will absorb all its power, so Superboy would be essentially tanking all its power. Same conclusion, Superboy's durability is apparently greater than SE's.

Here's a superman comic (pre-ZH), another SE of the original's caliber, where Wildfire, Lightning Lad and Superman blast their way through SE and hold their own, until they detonate it (and my problem isn't with the detonation, so don't come at me saying that "it's nucleus" it's with them holding their own and blasting it):

http://i.imgur.com/EBTsyyL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lgEJ2I9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hcyn3Kd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/89TrAgd.jpg

Clearly above Odin.

No, its just that. You have lots of excuses. I get it.

What? That bio is after COIE where he was creating universes.

The bio didn't mention that Time Trapper rivalled an amped Darkseid.

No, it's just you can't counter anything, so you say that it's an excuse. We get it.

Well actually the revelation wasn't at the time of COIE, it was after a year or so after that. Though your bio is after that. But that's not the point at all. Because even before that Time Trapper was considered a peer to Darkseid (the early '87 bio, which is before the revelation of Trapper's pocket, says that). And there, they said that his personal abilities weren't known.

With that said. You're missing the most important point. Darkseid is literally known best for GDS only. Where he was amped. That's why Infinite Man and Trapper were compared to him, since while amped he was a foe of their class.

Neither did the white witch mentioned that "not since amped Darkseid did i sense such power", she merely said Darkseid. But we know everyone is referring to GDS Darkseid. It's blatantly clear.

Though i guess Darkseid is above Odin only because of two statements comparing him to Time Trapper. Even though they're misinterpreted to begin with.

Hahaha, using ABC comparison at its finest. But I can do what you're trying to do too considering Orikal was captured by Troll King and couldn't escape from mere lava and would've died if Thor hadn't rescued him from that.

High showings? He routinely merked Superboy as flea, Mon-El couldn't even harm him on separate occassions and like that. Its his average.

I don't use comparisons when Mangog and Ego have never fought. But I like how you consider being compared to someone makes them automatically superior. So was Desak celestial level and King Thor killed a celestial level being merged with destroyer?

And Validus' average was far above Superboy who was stronger than Odin and Thor combined. So yeah, Mangos can't even lick Validus' boots.

The flames was Orikal's weakness obviously. So it's weakness exploitation.

You're missing the point. You mentioned that Mangog gets felled by a punch of Thor's and then compare this to Validus no selling Superboy's punches. So you're saying that Mangog's average is getting felled by a punch of Thor right? I mean, for real?

I don't care that you don't use them.

That's really great that you think that Superboy is great than Thor and Odin combined physically. Which is just retarded. I already mentioned what Superboy's average is, and i can continue if you want, but im not gonna repeat myself. Though you're right that Mangos can't lick Validus' boots. Though we're talking about Mangog here.

Not really. Your opinions aren't facts.

Who the **** cares?

Show me Mangog doing that please. Even bronze age Superman was able to traverse under the infinite gravity of creation and survive the ****ing big bang.

Again, who gives a shit? Mangog has never even destroyed a planet and oneshotted Odin. Orikal has never done that either. I can list on and on.

My opinion are based on facts.

I do, though i can see why you think it's irrelevant. Since if it wasn't, then Validus wouldn't be comparable to Odin, which he isn't.

Doesn't mean that Mangog couldn't. Unless you think Mano is more powerful than him.

Superman traversing infinite gravity and surviving the big bang? You wouldn't happen to be referring to Action Comics #553-554 would you?

Because you do realize that he only held for a while and eventually died? It was outright stated that when Superman is subjected to the Big Bang even he could not survive:

http://i.imgur.com/2MhUdGt.jpg?1

And it's stated in the next issue that Superman disappeared and vanished (in other words, he died):

http://i.imgur.com/nnIv157.jpg

And the only way Superman was resurrected was when in the altered Earth kids recreated the hero concept and people started believing in it, which returned Superman and the Earth to normality:

http://i.imgur.com/AsTn3iM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/89uyOpt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QEGtQ8d.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JvxGnc1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tQiUYLy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2itr9Qm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/u19CuIM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/veOU2OE.jpg

Superman couldn't survive the full big bang by any means. It was established in Showcase #61 that even Pre-Crisis Spectre can't survive the full power of the Big Bang, but you think Superman can? laughing out loud

BA Superman was = 2/3 SA Superman though, barring the time when he let his inhibitions off in Superman #321 or some other time iirc. Since 1/3 of his strength was permanently removed. And Superboy was unofficially depowered in turn. So 3 BA Superboy level characters KOing Validus doesn't look good for him.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 03:49 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

So, no reason to say he can do that to Validus. Good.

Seriously? You are becoming really obnoxious at this point.

So we agree that he can't do that to Validus? Good.

I was laughing at you thinking you were actually right. Thor defeated Ego. So has BRB. So has several others. So?

he killed Mangog who stomped Orikal.

Oh really? How does Eternity exerting his whole power to destroy a single planet supports your point?

Different writers? And these Orikal/Mangog and whatever scans you're using aren't from different writers>

A different writers retconning it doesn't means the eye saying something altogether different was wrong. Either prove it was wrong or shut up.

No, it isn't. You have very inflated view on Odin's durability.

I never said that he could. It's just you putting words on my mouth because you blindly jumped to lowball Odin/Mangog.

But just because Odin can't cut Validus from his power source like he did to Mangog, doesn't mean he can't overpower him.

Err, you realize they were later instances? Because i am well aware that Ego has quite an amount of low showings, that's why i initially said "at that time period". And Ego was portrayed as a galactic entity in that time period and it was in a Thor comic, so it's perfectly usable.

I thought you were saying he killed Orikal. But anyway, as always you're missing the context. Thor was only able to do that because it's from the inside. It was specifically attributed to that.

Because obviously Eternity wasn't using a planet busting attack against a supreme power. Just because all it did was destroy a planet, doesn't mean it's only a planet busting attack. It's sole reason was to blast Thanos into oblivion, not destroy the planet. Similar to how MM's intention wasn't to destroy the building with a multiverse busting attack but rather the Beyonder.

I said that because it's a weird instance HIGHLY inconsistent with what we've normally shown. Which is why i mentioned the different writers part.

Well even you must realize that it's a wtf. So im merely saying it's a possibility.

Even BA PC characters have retarded feats. Just before COIE, Superman and Supergirl fought Blackstarr who could literally reshape the universe. Guess what happened?

You mean like Superman didn't fight people like Maaldor and something? Weird, I thought he did.

Yeah, Blackstarr was badass. It's a good showing. And Supergirl was holding her own against Blackstarr in her own solo series prior to that. Though Blackstarr ended owning herself in that comic.

Also, that wasn't before COIE, it was at the time of COIE. DC Comics Presents #86 was actually a tie-in to COIE. Which had something like 90 tie-ins.

Eh, remind me again when did Superman KO Maaldor? Because im pretty sure that Maaldor was casually laughing off Superman's punches. And Maaldor's power is pretty crazy but his durability isn't that great. He was threatening the whole multiverse in DC Comics Presents #72, yet was one-shotted by regular Krona in COIE iirc.

Now you're being Bran.

One panel below.

http://i.imgur.com/t7ztoKb.jpg

"I'm growing stronger with every moment." Considering Odin didn't feel any weaker when he returned to his body, I'm pretty sure Loki wasn't any weaker when he was stunned by Masterson Thor. Did I step on your toes, o great operator?

You're assuming he wasn't? Why?

You mean he pounded on Thor with mjolnir for nothing? Well. your excuses are getting more laughable.

That doesn't means it wasn't carried out in Thor 291, where Thor actually proved himself stronger.

And I'm talking about physical power. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that someone might be better than your precious skyfathers in certain areas?

Is that somehow supposed to negate the fact that he didn't possess Odin's full powers?

By neglecting the context, you screwed up yet again. Deal with it.

Because Odin was teaching Thor not to defy him? He said something like "you're gonna come whether in chains or not". KOing Thor wouldn't really help with that. He wanted to beat him, and he did. That's what all this is. But in Abhi's dictionary it directly translates to something else.

No he didn't prove that he was stronger.

"my precious skyfathers".....? I have no problem admitting that certain non-skyfather characters are better than certain skyfathers in certain areas. But Validus being superior to Odin physically is not one of them.

Odin has tanked attacks that caused multi-galactic/universal damage, this is something Validus has never done. In fact, an amped Validus was already on his knees after several planet-level attacks from the Sun Eater. Just saying.

Well, that's enough power for Highfather to weaken a universal power to be overpowered by herald level attacks, don't you think?

Good.

Odin got drained by troll weaponry, Galactus was drained by Reed and Quasar. Tech is haxx in comics and NEW GOD Tech is really haxxx. Or did you forget Genesis?

Again with the circular logic. Darkseid was definitely universal there and Highfather still weakened him enough. So why don't you just stop denying what's in your face?

No, that's not skyfather term means. Destroying a galaxy or a universe means shit if you can't back it up by combat feats.

Well, I disagree.

Where did I say he is superior to Odin? And it certainly does in my eyes.

Hahahaha. Oh you and your high standards.

It's good you admit that Orion is herald level. For a second there, I thought you were gonna start wanking the shit out of PC Orion too. So that's progress.

Anyway, Highfather is trans level. Always has been. And he weakened Darkseid w/ ALE to a point where Orion overpowered him. That is all.

"Troll weaponry"? More like Orikal's.

And Galactus was drained also due to Johnny's power cosmic, who was transformed into a herald. And it was outright called something like "one of a time" device iirc. Unlike Desaad's Uni-canon which couldn't have been powerful enough to vaporize a skyfather, because you would think that with that kind of weapon they'd attack New Genesis which they didn't. Though they did have star-destroying weapons even pre-crisis from what i recall, nothing more than that really (Genesis is post-crisis).

Why do i stop denying what's in my face? Because ive actually read Highfather comics, enough to understand that he's not universal.

Yeah i know what it means. Though imagine if a cosmic entity ends up beating several skyfather characters, yet it's incapable of destroying a solar system. That be nonsense. Because the skyfathers whom he faced should have been weaker than normal. Same thing applies to SE. You can't have durability lower than Superboy, and destroy a galaxy star-by-star, yet billions of times more powerful than the Legion.

Instead of saying you disagree, you can provide a reason why.

On par or superior. Either way, it's not true

What about high standards?

And where he casually beat Infinity Man? Color me shocked.

Oh really?

Right.

The same Hela who gets routinely overpowered by Thor and stalemated by Enchantress? Bwahaha. Now I know you're WANKING marvel characters like your life depends upon it.

No, I don't read marvel comics for that purpose and neither have I lowballed any characters in this thread. But nice to see you whining like bran with the lowballing.

He bfr'ed IM. And 1 issue prior, IM was getting beaten by Mantis though he eventually won. He got froze in ice which can supposedly freeze worlds; and tanked an anti-matter attack that can shatter a star system. Now that's impressive, but is it impressive in comparison with Odin? Certainly not. Not to mention that IM got stalemated and blown up by Devilance in the last issue of the series.

Yes really. that's exactly why he bfr'ed them away.

So if you do realize that, then you know it's irrelevant either way.

So now you resort to lowballing Hela instead of admitting that it's a similar showing to Odin and moving on. Even though i can easily bring up the fact that Hela easily owned Thor 4 issues prior to that. And was stalemating Pluto 9 issues later, and while Pluto does have low showings, pretty badly ones too, it was the same issue where he drained Thor. And im bringing up showings at that time period so they're more relevant; pretty sure Thor never overpowered Hela until Thor #354.

Yeah, you totally didn't.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:01 PM
operator616

my only problem with using those inertron showings as a strength-gauge, is that i don't think you're considering their respective thicknesses(which is a very important variable.)

the inertron box that housed the miracle machine(which ultra-boy and superboy were stated to be able to break) was relatively thin:
same coin, the inertron bonds that karate kid broke were extremely thin.

conversely, the inertron prison validus was housed in was enormous--mountain-like:
http://i.imgur.com/v8o47xl.jpg
the showings you posted would only be applicable to val if the inertron in question was the same thickness as his prison--which it clearly wasn't.

I didn't think the thickness was relevant even though i knew that someone would bring it up.

I already posted this in the post you quoted. You'll notice that in Superboy #231 Validus has been already restrained in non-thick inretron shackles and couldn't do anything about it:

http://imgur.com/Q9crm4F

And that's the same shackles which were broken by Karate Kid in the same comic:

http://imgur.com/NyQuI4d
http://imgur.com/og5OMZH

And even in the first instance from Adventure Comics. Validus couldn't even dent it. You'd think that if he could break thin inertron (which he actually can't) he can at least dent his cell? Or at least keep pounding on it, breaking it piece by piece, until he makes a hole in his cell so that he could escape?

Those are valid questions.

Another thing is, inertron was supposed to be indestructible, like, literally. Whether it's an entire cell worth of inertron, or it's a small piece, you'd have to exert the same level of strength to break it.

especially when we know for sure that outside of a few low-end/PIS showings, silver age validus was consistently portrayed as far more powerful than silver age superboy-level beings. examples...

superboy hits val with a "full force" strike, which only succeeds in making val 'wince' a bit. superboy, however, was nearly KO'd by his own attack:
http://i.imgur.com/wfwGYlz.jpg

val was also capable of owning superboy with a casual backhand:
http://i.imgur.com/p0u5DDR.jpg

owns superboy in a few panels again:
http://i.imgur.com/Eqzd96H.jpg

ergo superboy's statement that val was "a dozen times" more powerful than he:
http://i.imgur.com/u0a5QWc.jpg

superboy isn't the only being of that caliber whom validus stomped. here val tanks mon-el's strike, before grabbing/overpowering him(with super-speed, btw), and throwing him into the ground with such force that he was sent completely through the entire planet:
http://i.imgur.com/vRYA2d4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/f8fqgCH.jpg

we also have val being completely unfazed by mon-el's punch(despite it being a cheap shot):
http://i.imgur.com/hQEiITT.jpg

owns mon-el again:
http://i.imgur.com/ip9NSNw.jpg

overpowers mon-el(again), but this time casually restrains him in an lulz-worthy manner:
http://i.imgur.com/i8YJVZO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BNOlo4W.jpg

in fact, superboy flat-out stated that mon-el was "even stronger" than himself:
http://i.imgur.com/hruUtiD.jpg

...and i guess that explains why it took a surprise attack from superboy+mon-el+ultra-boy just to 'topple' validus:
http://i.imgur.com/NelebBO.jpg

and just for fun...

validus' who's who bio confirms that his strength is >>> a kryptonian's:
http://i.imgur.com/OwmONwH.jpg
"validus possesses strength and invulnerability FAR greater than that of a kryptonian in an earthly environment."

here val easily rips a moon-sized mass from a planet:
http://i.imgur.com/fJVDUng.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uVDURgE.jpg

Only 2 of those scans are silver age though.

And i don't think anybody here is denying that Validus is more powerful than PC Superboy or anyone on Superboy's level.

Though there's something i want to address.

The attack from those 3 KOed Validus, since we see him later restrained. The only possible explanation is that they KOed him but either way, they overpowered him.

And you're assuming that Mon-el is stronger than Superboy based on one statement, despite the fact that they've been always regarded as equals, and that same series says that they are. Mon-el and Superboy actually knocked each other out (proving that they're equals like they've always been) in Superboy #208 (which is a few dozen issues before your scan):

http://i.imgur.com/hJfF8ks.jpg

And that's the same thing with Ultra-Boy. He overpowered Superboy in Superboy #205, and Superboy outright stated that Ultra-boy's strength is "beyond comprehension":

http://i.imgur.com/83uulu2.jpg

So Ultra boy is far above Superboy too? Despite the fact that he's been cited as having "superboy level" strength multiple times something his on panel showings confirm.

Anyway, Validus got KOed by 3 Superboy level beings, and that is all to it.

despite being weakened from a previous encounter with a sun-eater, validus battled yet another sun-eater until he forced it to retreat:
yes, i am aware they were each 1/8 fragments of the 'prime' sun-eater, but even so, out of all the LoSH and F5 members who battled a sun-eater fragment, val is the only being who managed to fend one off--and he did so while weak. uber.

anyhow, none of the above changes my opinion regarding the outcome of this battle. i just mentioned that stuff because i didn't want anyone to misunderstand your post, and try claiming that silver age val was a sub-par feeb or somesuch. thumb up

Inapplicable. Since it was an amped Validus.

Tharok increased all of the Legion's/FF's abilities. It was even outright stated that Validus became more powerful:

http://i.imgur.com/g1P74TE.jpg

Here's also an official index confirming it:

http://i.imgur.com/JU0gSvH.jpg?1

SE was mentioned to have been billion of times more powerful than Legion + FF (Validus). Though it's most likely isn't literally billions of times more powerful, but certainly well above them.

Last edited by operator616 on Aug 1st, 2014 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:02 PM
operator616

Wait what? He said he was fullfilled for that moment. It was later that he realized that what he thought was his full power, it has actually waned since he slept.

So he was fulfilled to a weaker power level, not at full power level even after he absorbed every one of beings and artifacts.

Here he directly states that he might have admired Supergirl's persistence once upon a time but now he didn't have the time to waste on her.

Not to mention, your circumstantial evidence that in one series he couldn't control some people, and he controlled several billion daxamites means he was amped is ridiculously laughable. Guess Thomas depowered Odin against Celestials after all.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

the scan in no way does support your point. Like, at all.

All Darkseid was saying is that his powers waned over the millennium, which is why he stole Excalibur and the ord, after which he was "fulfilled" and then went on to steal Mordru's and TT/Controller's powers.

Anyway, i already posted all the facts, and it's blatantly clear that Darkseid was amped. And there's a bio implying that he was. Not that its needed at all.

Yeah, Darkseid suddenly gained planet-level mindrape, and he did that instantly. You do realize that Darkseid had nowhere near that kind of level power? not to mention he also suddenly acquired space-warps. Never mind the fact that the whole reason the New Genesis/Apokolips war started was when the Boom Tube was invented. If Darkseid could open space warps (planet level space warps) then why would he ask Metron to build boom tubes in the first place?

That's some really shitty way to lowball I might say. After all, Odin was contained by ice from Casket of Ancient Winters.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/196...inters.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/196...nters2.jpg.html

And then Thor was unaffected by a direct blast from it point blank.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/196...ekith3.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/196...ekith4.jpg.html

The double standards you are using are ridiculously laughable.

I really have to explain to you the most simplest of things don't i?

Your scan are literally 16 years apart.

While Validus couldn't break inertron at the same time period when Ultra-Boy and Superboy could (Adventure comics #352, #378, 379).

But you also blatantly ignored the part where Validus couldn't break out of inertron in the same comic where Karate Kid did.

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I'm curious, if I were to find as many instances of Odin failing to meet challenges achieved by lower characters, would that diminish his statuus?

You realize that Odin has much more appearances than Validus? So of course he'd have more low showings than Validus. I can even remember off the top of my head more low showings for Odin than Validus.

But anyone who compares Odin's average with Validus' must realize that Odin's is definitely superior.

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Yes, post Odin feats thumb up

Ill do this later, though id rather give you a list with issue #s. Since otherwise there'd be a lot of scans. Though if i have enough time ill post scans as well.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I didn't think the thickness was relevant even though i knew that someone would bring it up.

I already posted this in the post you quoted. You'll notice that in Superboy #231 Validus has been already restrained in non-thick inretron shackles and couldn't do anything about it:

http://imgur.com/Q9crm4F

And that's the same shackles which were broken by Karate Kid in the same comic:

http://imgur.com/NyQuI4d
http://imgur.com/og5OMZH
so karate kid is stronger than validus, iyo? or would you rather do the logical thing and just chalk it up to PIS?

And even in the first instance from Adventure Comics. Validus couldn't even dent it. You'd think that if he could break thin inertron (which he actually can't) he can at least dent his cell? Or at least keep pounding on it, breaking it piece by piece, until he makes a hole in his cell so that he could escape?
given the size of validus' prison, no, i would not expect him to be able to damage it.

Another thing is, inertron was supposed to be indestructible, like, literally. Whether it's an entire cell worth of inertron, or it's a small piece, you'd have to exert the same level of strength to break it.
obviously it is not truly indestructible, otherwise ultra-boy and superboy wouldn't be able to break it. therefore the thickness of the inertron MUST play a factor in its inherent indestructibility.

brainiac's comment pertaining to the inertron box the MM was housed in is also worth mentioning:
"only the most cosmos-shaking emergency can get us to crack it out and turn it on again!" ie. he knew the inertron box *could* be broken, therefore he knew it was *not* truly indestructible.

Only 2 of those scans are silver age though.
the thread specifies "pre-crisis" validus. all of those scans are "pre-crisis". smile

And i don't think anybody here is denying that Validus is more powerful than PC Superboy or anyone on Superboy's level.
well good. but why did you post those inertron scans, then? it certainly *seemed* like you were implying that superboy-level beings>validus, because they broke thin inertron, while val couldn't break thick inertron..?

if that was not your intention, then i apologize.

The attack from those 3 KOed Validus, since we see him later restrained. The only possible explanation is that they KOed him but either way, they overpowered him.
okay? it still took a surprise attack from all 3 of them at once to incapacitate him. thumb up

And you're assuming that Mon-el is stronger than Superboy based on one statement
i'm not assuming anything. just pointing out a statement that superboy himself made. it's ultimately inconsequential to this debate though.

Anyway, Validus got KOed by 3 Superboy level beings, and that is all to it.
by a surprise attack from all 3 of them simultaneously, you mean? am i supposed to consider it a low-end showing when it takes THREE silver-age-superboy-level beings to incapacitate val with a cheap-shot attack? because frankly, i think it is an amazing testament to validus' durability. thumb up

Inapplicable. Since it was an amped Validus.

Tharok increased all of the Legion's/FF's abilities. It was even outright stated that Validus became more powerful:

http://i.imgur.com/g1P74TE.jpg

Here's also an official index confirming it:

http://i.imgur.com/JU0gSvH.jpg?1
had val not already been massively weakened prior to fending off that second sun-eater, i would agree that his amp played a factor... but he was, so i don't.

his first battle with a sun-eater left val "exhausted...charred...overwhelmed":
http://i.imgur.com/zds6dog.jpg

a mere 4 pages later, val manages to fend off the sun-eater that was about to kill projectra. she even commented that he was still wounded from his previous battle:

so yeah, given val's weakened state i'd say the feat is quite applicable. though if you don't want to use that showing, it's fine with me--there is still more than enough evidence to prove that he was FAR superior to silver age kryptonian-level beings, after all(which is all i have been trying to clarify.) smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 1st, 2014 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

so karate kid is stronger than validus, iyo? or would you rather do the logical thing and just chalk it up to PIS?

It's one of those instances where KK's super-retarded martial arts kicks in, and KK becomes near Superboy level.

obviously it is not truly indestructible, otherwise ultra-boy and superboy wouldn't be able to break it. therefore the thickness of the inertron MUST play a factor in its inherent indestructibility.

brainiac's comment pertaining to the inertron box the MM was housed in is also worth mentioning:
"only the most cosmos-shaking emergency can get us to crack it out and turn it on again!" ie. he knew the inertron box *could* be broken, therefore he knew it was *not* truly indestructible.

Agreed. Never denied that it's not truly indestructible, especially considering i referenced examples where it was broken.

the thread specifies "pre-crisis" validus. all of those scans are "pre-crisis". smile

Misunderstanding then. Because when you said "Silver Age" i thought you were referring to the specific era of the PC history (from late 50s till 1970, afterwards comes the bronze age till COIE). And only 2 of your scans were from that specific era (i distinguish between those 2 eras because Superboy/Superman were depowered at the end of SA, which is noteworthy since it's ultimately related to Validus' power level)

Though i guess you were using "silver age" in the sense that it's pre-crisis. So a small misunderstanding it is.

well good. but why did you post those inertron scans, then? it certainly *seemed* like you were implying that superboy-level beings>validus, because they broke thin inertron, while val couldn't break thick inertron..?

if that was not your intention, then i apologize.

Nobody in their right mind should argue that Superboy-level > Validus. I was posting those showings to look at the whole picture. Because you've got people like Prof. McAbe, who literally look at one thing; the instances where Validus is shown to be far superior to Superboy, who in turn pulls a galaxy worth of planets (while ignoring all his other showings, which blatantly show that he doesn't operate on this level on average, some of which i already mentioned, and the same thing with Validus in turn as well). And with that reason, he's apparently saying that Validus is superior to Odin. Same with Lord of Brooklyn, who ignores all showings but the ones which make Validus shine.

Hell, i myself said multiple times in this same thread that Validus is above Superboy. Which is impressive, but let's not pretend as if this somehow puts him on Odin's level. So yes, it was definitely not my intention.

i'm not assuming anything. just pointing out a statement that superboy himself made. it's ultimately inconsequential to this debate though.

Cool, i just wanted to make sure that it's clear that all those 3 are Superboy-level beings who did that to Validus. Mon-el, Superboy, and Ultra-boy's (individual abilities) are regarded as peers most throughout the entire history.

okay? it still took a surprise attack from all 3 of them at once to incapacitate him. thumb up

by a surprise attack from all 3 of them simultaneously, you mean? am i supposed to consider it a low-end showing when it takes THREE silver-age-superboy-level beings to incapacitate val with a cheap-shot attack? because frankly, i think it is an amazing testament to validus' durability. thumb up

Considering you yourself posted instances where Validus no sells Mon-el's attacks; and Superboy's even in the SA where he was stronger; i don't think that's true.

Either way, it goes to show how Validus compares to Odin.

had val not already been massively weakened prior to fending off that second sun-eater, i would agree that his amp played a factor... but he was, so i don't.

his first battle with a sun-eater left val "exhausted...charred...overwhelmed":
http://i.imgur.com/zds6dog.jpg

a mere 4 pages later, val manages to fend off the sun-eater that was about to kill projectra. she even commented that he was still wounded from his previous battle:

so yeah, given val's weakened state i'd say the feat is quite applicable. though if you don't want to use that showing, it's fine with me--there is still more than enough evidence to prove that he was FAR superior to silver age kryptonian-level beings, after all(which is all i have been trying to clarify.) smile

I can see your point but one can easily disagree with it. Because you're assuming that his weakened state was enough to negate his amp even though no such thing was stated.

Especially considering that SE was confirmed to dwarf the whole Legion/Fatal Five, Validus included:

And all i was trying to say is that Validus isn't in Odin's league. Which is obvious, tbh.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's one of those instances where KK's super-retarded martial arts kicks in, and KK becomes near Superboy level.

Agreed. Never denied that it's not truly indestructible, especially considering i referenced examples where it was broken.

Misunderstanding then. Because when you said "Silver Age" i thought you were referring to the specific era of the PC history (from late 50s till 1970, afterwards comes the bronze age till COIE). And only 2 of your scans were from that specific era (i distinguish between those 2 eras because Superboy/Superman were depowered at the end of SA, which is noteworthy since it's ultimately related to Validus' power level)

Though i guess you were using "silver age" in the sense that it's pre-crisis. So a small misunderstanding it is.

Nobody in their right mind should argue that Superboy-level > Validus. I was posting those showings to look at the whole picture. Because you've got people like Prof. McAbe, who literally look at one thing; the instances where Validus is shown to be far superior to Superboy, who in turn pulls a galaxy worth of planets (while ignoring all his other showings, which blatantly show that he doesn't operate on this level on average, some of which i already mentioned, and the same thing with Validus in turn as well). And with that reason, he's apparently saying that Validus is superior to Odin. Same with Lord of Brooklyn, who ignores all showings but the ones which make Validus shine.

Hell, i myself said multiple times in this same thread that Validus is above Superboy. Which is impressive, but let's not pretend as if this somehow puts him on Odin's level. So yes, it was definitely not my intention.

Cool, i just wanted to make sure that it's clear that all those 3 are Superboy-level beings who did that to Validus. Mon-el, Superboy, and Ultra-boy's (individual abilities) are regarded as peers most throughout the entire history.

Considering you yourself posted instances where Validus no sells Mon-el's attacks; and Superboy's even in the SA where he was stronger; i don't think that's true.

Either way, it goes to show how Validus compares to Odin.
thumb up

I can see your point but one can easily disagree with it. Because you're assuming that his weakened state was enough to negate his amp even though no such thing was stated.
it was stated, however, that validus was "exhausted" after his battle with the first sun-eater fragment(i posted the scan above.)

-exhaust-
1. To use all of someone's mental or physical energy : to tire out or wear out (someone) completely.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exhaust

so per the specific verbiage used in that scene, val's amp was negated--or more accurately: it was exhausted. smile

Especially considering that SE was confirmed to dwarf the whole Legion/Fatal Five, Validus included:

and then the sun-eater fractionated its enormous power into 8 different components--and an 'exhausted' validus was powerful enough to fend off one of those components. this does not mean validus>a sun-eater fragment, however. it just means that he was able to put up enough of a fight that the sun-eater felt the need to retreat/regroup. still very impressive given the circumstances, though.

And all i was trying to say is that Validus isn't in Odin's league. Which is obvious, tbh.
i agree. ergo my initial opinion on the outcome of this match. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 1st, 2014 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:02 PM
operator616

I know what exhaust means. And exhaust doesn't mean to permanently lose a part of your energy. It means to become tired, and it doesn't last on a permanent basis, it's temporarily.

So the way i interpret that scene: Validus, amped, battles SE and is overwhelmed becoming exhausted and tired, then pulls himself together (while sustaining some wounds and without losing the amp) and goes on to battle the 1/8 part of it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but that's honestly how i see it. And that's all ill say on this part of the subject

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:13 PM