KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Emperor Vitiate

Darth Vader vs Emperor Vitiate
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
It pretty much is that powerful bro. We already saw what Sidious' lightning did to Vader. Plus I'm not sure about the canonicity of that scene you're referring to. That's not how it goes in the game, ze original source.

No, it is not that powerful. And again, Sidious is not Vitiate. Stop using Palpatine's feats as feats for Vitiate.

If you're referring to the canonicity of the tear in Vader's chest, well the game doesn't contradict it, as most of their saber duel happens within game mechanic. Regardless, Vader still tanked over 30 seconds of SK's very amplified lightning attack, without a saber.

(skip to about 4:50)

So he is dealing with their combined power at the same time. That Leeha, Kira and Warren were still overpowered in the first few seconds only indicates the immense strength of Vitiate's storm.

I agree, but it would also indicate that they were irrelevant and that the rest of the attack plus the second charged attack was aimed more towards Braga and HoT, considering they were the only ones pushing through. Vader has tanked shit that they would probably be killed by, even if they are together.

Of course, I can also suggest that if Vader can't contain the lightning it could destroy his lightsaber with the power he can't contain. Exal Kressh style.

It didn't destroy Braga's or HoT's lightsabers while they were momentarily pushing through it.

I don't recall suggesting it would be easy. I think he could take it decently well for a while.

Then why did you challenge me when I told Sinious to get off of Vitiate's dick for claiming Vitiate would easily overpower Vader?

Though I do think that if he does his charged attack Vader is going down in short order.

I don't.

Darth Revan and Darth Malak are not very powerful Force users now? That's a laugh, both have been confirmed to be amongst the greats.

Not as powerful as Vader, who rivals Vitiate. Plus, as I said, Revan outright admits that they underestimated Vitiate, and Vitiate prepared for their arrival.

And no I wouldn't accept that, becuase Bane actually has feats of resisting powerful mental attacks.

Zannah's TP doesn't even approach Palpatine's.

He didn't really go into specifics. Only that what's different about his confrontation now is that he knows how to resist Vitiate "this time.

I'm not going to assume that a mental shield is different than a mental shield.

Do you think the difference between Darth Revan and Reborn Revan is so vast that D!Revan gets instantly dominated with Malak and yet R!Revan can resist Vitiate for 300 years if they're using the same technique? No, he could resist the second time because he knew how to this time.

What technique did Revan use the first time? He underestimated Vitiate the first time.

Vader doesn't have this advantage.

Vitiate doesn't have the advantage of prep this time.

He didn't get dominated, he got pwned by the psychic anguish and rendered incapable of fighting back.

It's still a form of being mentally dominated.

Since Vader has some mental feats and is very powerful, I can see him doing better than this but I still don't think he can effectively attack Vitiate while he's working on dominating him.

I don't think Vitiate can keep from getting hurled on his ass while trying to TP Vader. Even for Vitiate, a force push doesn't require as much concentration and is much easier to utilize in combat situation, considering he used one on Revan to distance him before trying to mind dominate him.

Vitiate required no prep to attempt to dominate Revan.

And he failed the second time. Evidently, Vitiate doesn't have much faith in instantly dominating a powerful force user without prep, which is why he opened up with a force attack before he even attempted to dominate Revan's mind.

Vitiate also became much more powerful than he was in his fight against Revan or in some other of his feats, due to draining his servants and Revan and other increases of his power. So him not being on a nexus is irrelevant, if a nexus was ever even an issue.

It's not irrelevant, unless you can provide some feats to suggest he would be more powerful off a nexus than he was during his confrontation with Revan while he was on one.

No, it's because a dude merely drawing on Vitiate's power can resist Revan level TK.

On a dark side nexus.

Once again, Revan doesn't match Vader in TK. Heck, Vitiate's own TK feats only rival that of Vader's when he's on a nexus, otherwise Vader has him beat in that area.

You imply that Vitiate is so far above Revan in TK that a guard drawing on his power can resist a TK attack from Revan, and then list Revan "tanking" Vitiate's TK as a feat for Revan, which would imply that Vitiate isn't so far ahead of Revan in TK as to dominate him with it.

For the record I think it's a dick move insisting I type out feats you already know and that I've already argued with you about.

I'm not a fan of Revan so I don't keep up with his feats, and thought maybe you could provide something I didn't already know, which you didn't. None of Revan's feats put him on par with Vader in terms of TK.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

It's Vader who doesn't have feats comparable to Vitiate not visa verse

Last edited by Kosmos Supreme on May 20th, 2015 at 02:31 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Is S66 arguing against Vitiate's superiority here?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Not at all, tbh.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:56 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Ok.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Unless this is full potential Vader...that is, Mortiskin...

...There's not really much he can do here.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Vader might speedblitz tbh.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 06:37 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Stigma
Vader might speedblitz tbh.

Can Vader speedblitz Revan?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 06:48 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Sinious
Can Vader speedblitz Revan?

No. Revan teleports the f*ck out of there when he sees Vader approaching.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 07:03 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

No.

Exactly, so he can't speedblitz Vitiate as well.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 07:04 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Revan has teleportation as I mentioned. Vitiate does not.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 07:07 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

You said no, that's good enough. I just filtered out the trolly part of your post. happy

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 20th, 2015 08:08 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by AncientPower
"Now that Vader had begun to tap deeply into the power of the dark side, his true apprenticeship can begun."

"More important, by the time Vader was capable of becoming a risk to his mastery, Sidious would be fully conversant with the secrets Plagueis had spent a lifetime seeking - the power over life and death. There would be no need to fear Vader. No need to have an apprentice other than to honor the tradition Darth Bane had resurrected a millenium earlier."

Clearly Vader in Sidious' opinion would become a genuine threat to him.
What's the source for that?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:29 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Quite certain it's Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader but I'll double check if necessary.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:49 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

Vader isn't speedblitzing Vitiate who', has reacted to oponents of similar speed such as Revan

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is this even a question?

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:08 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not anymore.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Sinious
You said no, that's good enough. I just filtered out the trolly part of your post. happy

Dang it stick out tongue

I might got carried away but can you blame me? Vader is so much cooler than Viti.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 01:26 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Dang it stick out tongue

I might got carried away but can you blame me? Vader is so much cooler than Viti.

I like the idea of total annihilation and an ego arrogant enough to attempt it but I agree, Vader's swag is not possible for almost any other character to surpass.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:30 PM