KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Malak vs Barsenthor

Darth Malak vs Barsenthor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So your opinion is > the maker of Revan now? Ah, interesting.
Wrong. KotOR Revan has majority of Darth Revan's memories by the end of the game (Darth Malak, Rakata Prime, and Bastila Shan helped make such happen).
What he doesn't have are the memories of him during the Mandalorian Wars and his encounter with Lord Vitiate.

His opinion in personal correspondences carries no more official weight than mine does. Revan as of the novel is superior by way of feats, accolades and showings. Don't try to act as if Malak is some Vader-esque titan just because he gave Kotor Revan a fight. In terms of actual evidence Malak still has little real feats that put him in the Barsen'thor's ballpark. She eclipses him.

For someone who worships Kotor so much it seems I need to continually remind you of it's content:

1. "I'm not Revan anymore. I don't even remember those days."
2. "How can I reclaim my identity if I can't even remember it."

"Your mind was too badly damaged to ever fully restore your memories, Revan. But your power, your strength of will, the essence of what makes you who and what you: these things still remain!"

Revan remembered little more than flashes of his old life. And while he did later regain his memories, he hadn't done so by the time of his fight with Malak.

I just lol'ed. It is confirmed in canon Kotor Revan beat Malak three times. I explained this a million times to you, how have you still not processed such?
The other drain pods are up for grabs. Going strictly light-side, he frees all the remaining pods, and Darth Malak would have *probably* been injured at least once by such.
Everything I am telling you now, I already have told you before. I don't know if it's because you just ignore Darth Malak's feats or have the inability to process memories correctly, though.

Because it hasn't been confirmed. All that's been confirmed is that Revan beat Malak 3 times at the minimum. But you continue to act as if that's some absolute number when it has never been established to be that.

Likewise it isn't confirmed that Revan rigged the pods to weaken Malak. That was never an option in the game. That it was in the tabletop version doesn't mean it was something Revan actually did. Revan never knew the Wall of Light technique.

Here you go.

Nice job ignoring my point. Explain why defeating an ancient Sith Lord who was drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters, while wounded and after fighting through his capital ship is not a feat that is easily comparable to Revan beating SF Malak. Because I can't see how it isn't.

Malak's best TK feats are overpowering two Jedi and tossing a guy a few dozen meters. The Barsen'thor vastly outstrips him in TK with her feats, not to mention her defensive feats. The best accolades about Malak's combat strength is that some random people thought that maybe he was as much a factor in the Mando Wars as Revan's strategies were (despite the Mandalorians themselves disagreeing). The Barsen'thor was literally worshiped for her combat prowess, called the embodiment of true skill and considered to have remarkable combat prowess by Satele Shan, all of this as a padawan. She beat a guy powerful enough to rip massive chunks out of a cave ceiling, who was also the best fighter of the settlers and had been taught by Rajiviri himself, as a padawan. Almost literally right after becoming a Jedi Knight she defeated her own master, and then went on to defeat some of the best masters in the order despite getting weaker every time. She beat Vivicar at her weakest and she then beat the First Son, two absolute powerhouses. The only people of note that Malak has beaten were Bastila and amnesiac Revan.

So how exactly is Malak suppose to win here? He's outclassed in terms of the Force and in overall combat prowess. Lightsabers? She can just block the attack with the Force and blow him across the room.

I'm not saying it would be easy........ But I'm not saying it would be difficult either.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 26th, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:40 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That should be "while weakened and after blah".

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:58 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I didn't plan on getting in a large-scale debate here, hence my small responses. Knowing your laziness, I expected the same. I am not pleased. no expression But of course, I will respond.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No need to get more extensive than my own response. Don't try replying to every line or anything. Be concise.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 12:52 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You know I won't spam a continuous paragraph of feats like you without having all sources and quotes for every single feat. It will inevitably be longer then your response.
I do request you though to continue to narrow the debate down (be concise), so it doesn't form into another Zannah vs Revan that spanned several months (and still ongoing).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 12:59 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You know where my Respect Thread is. All feats and quotes are in there, no need to source them. The quote from Kotor is from the confrontation with Bastila on Lehon when she tries converting you.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 01:07 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I know where the quote is. I play KotOR about every month. I'm playing TOR atm though, I'll respond later today.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 01:32 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I will destroy you.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 01:42 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You aren't on my sever, bae.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 01:45 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

You aren't on my sever, bae.

I am.

(I took half my gear of and still smashed Skillz, all of it off and still beat Ant)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Pwned.

And I meant I would destroy you in this thread. 'Thor needs some more respect.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:41 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Laem. Your character's jugs were distracting.

You couldn't even beat me in a 14 page Zannah debate where I had an awful start. You think you can win now? (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Laem. Your character's jugs were distracting.

You couldn't even beat me in a 14 page Zannah debate where I had an awful start. You think you can win now? (please log in to view the image)

I did beat you bro. You just took it back after you'd realised you conceded the most important parts.

However, Revan vs Zannah is quite arguable and Revan is tailor made to do well against Zannah since her big thing is mental attacks. The Barsen'thor vs Malak is not arguable. Even you admit she'd likely beat him. All we're determining here is how badly she'd whoop him.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:01 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I conceded the parts on like page 2, then I returned. And then from page 2 on-wards, your defense was that I conceded yet I formed new arguments you could not counter.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You formed frankly idiotic theories about Rain performing prep and a complex shielding technique in her sleep and then tried to lowball all her feats by suggesting she was amped for them or prepped when there was never an indication of either.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:07 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You couldn't counter the argument. You simply said it sucked.
Your argument was Zannah can hide behind a Force bubble the entire fight. erm

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:10 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It did suck. It was utterly insane and absurd and you didn't have a shred of proof for it. There was no need to disprove it, you might as well ask me to disprove that a leprechaun rubbed his ears together and did all of Zannah's feats for her with magic farts.

No, my argument was that she could use a Force bubble to block his attacks and beat him with her own.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It was completely reasonable, and was supported by others doing similar. Yeah, your's pretty stupid though, bae. Though arguing over whose argument was better is rather laem and a waist of time.
Maybe we can start up the debate again eventually. Up to you if you want to continue where we left off or start fresh.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:17 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Though, I don't see the point in doing a Darth Malak vs Barsenthor debate.
Majority of my argument will be from Drew, and you just ignore what he says anyway.
If you will consider and take his word for account, then yeah, I might be interested in such a debate.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I guess that's true. I'm not gonna take his word unless you have a good reason to so I guess maybe you shouldn't bother.

It was completely reasonable, and was supported by others doing similar. Yeah, your's pretty stupid though, bae. Though arguing over whose argument was better is rather laem and a waist* of time.
Maybe we can start up the debate again eventually. Up to you if you want to continue where we left off or start fresh.

*Waste.

It wasn't reasonable. Preparation requires conscious thought and planning. The idea that Zannah sensed the storm in her sleep, prepared for it without waking up by building her power and then forming a barrier while still asleep and not waking up while in the middle of a firestorm is pants-shittingly retarded. You never even established that it was possible to use the Force in your sleep, let alone that you can prep. It was a sad, desperate attempt to undermine Zannah and save Revan and yes, it was the worse argument I've ever seen you make.

Eventually.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:28 PM