KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Malak vs Barsenthor

Darth Malak vs Barsenthor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You always say Revans precog gives him the advantage though, in basically every thread. It doesn't. Zannah can easily adjust her blades out of the path of his attack, being faster than him and only having to make miniscule adjustments. If Bane couldn't get through her defense, a much weaker swordsman like Revan won't.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan's precognition is one of the most defining features of his power. I don't get why you ignore it. Zannah is no Exar Kun, she is not capable of adjusting her blades when the attack happens before she knows it. Darth Bane was pressing Zannah on a deep defensive, in short time I suspect she would have broke.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I think Nephthys likes to overestimate female characters a bit.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan's precognition is one of the most defining features of his power. I don't get why you ignore it. Zannah is no Exar Kun, she is not capable of adjusting her blades when the attack happens before she knows it. Darth Bane was pressing Zannah on a deep defensive, in short time I suspect she would have broke.

No, it's really not though. It's brought up in one quote and mentioned later by Avellone and never said to be as decisive as you make it out to be. It's a decent skill, but ALL Jedi and Sith have precognition. Revan is simply a bit better at it in that he can predict the course of battles and wars. Which isn't that big an advantage in a duel. For all his supposed great skill at battle precognition he never foresaw himself getting pwned by the Emperor's lightning when he stupidly tried to grab it or displayed any tactical sense in his fights. It is nowhere near the OMFG BEST TECHNIQUE EVAR that you make it out to be. He will not get through her defense. He is not strong or fast enough and Zannah very much is an Exar Kun. When I said she'd adjust her blades I meant that she'd actually just you know, move the lightsaber to the side a bit. Avoid the attack, like anyone can do. But since she has the edge in speed, she definitely will. His precog will give him no advantage at all. You don't need precog to know that a spinning blade will continue spinning. And naw, Bane wasn't getting through or wearing her down.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
I think Nephthys likes to overestimate female characters a bit.

It's not about her being female, it's about her being one of the most powerful Sith to ever live and being treated like trash.

Last edited by Nephthys on Aug 26th, 2014 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Do you want to continue this on this topic, or on a new one?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm cool for whatever. If you really think we should restart Revan vs Zannah, that's cool by me.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:15 PM