KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

Not only do you rely on an incident that is null and void for this site, but you lie about what happened smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:49 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

how am i lying? he catches Mjolnir as Thor is swinging it at him and hay makers Thor as he just stands there dumbfounded that someone was actually able to catch his hammer

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 06:03 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

and I'm sick of hearing that crossovers don't count, all you Thor swallowers are using that crutch, why shouldn't they count? they were in a comic, therefore it happened and its not as f it was presented in some crazy elseworld either it was at the time continuity characters presented as meeting the other universe.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 06:05 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
Regardless of how "difficult" Superman said beating Thor was he still won without using his speed at all. He one-shotted his ass from a sitting down position. LOL.

Reread the comic. It was far away from being a one shot. He did win though. Thor felt as if he could defeat him a second time. Why don't you think he was using his speed?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 06:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by relentless1
and I'm sick of hearing that crossovers don't count, all you Thor swallowers are using that crutch, why shouldn't they count? they were in a comic, therefore it happened and its not as f it was presented in some crazy elseworld either it was at the time continuity characters presented as meeting the other universe.

You lie because it wasn't a one-shot.

And them's the rules smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:53 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

They don't "count" on KMC.
Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format
No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum.

An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats. Neither is a random post by a supposed writer on a message board, blogs, tweets, etc. There have been too many of these so called interviews which go against what's shown on panel. Especially when there is no dialogue to refute what's happening on panel. Most writers are clear with the intentions of the plot and story arc.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.
Seems to me that wanting to rely on a cross-over is like needing a crutch.

Anyway, cross-overs are not used as proof here.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:05 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Superman caught Mjolnir and one punched Thor, I can't believe its taken 9 pages to get to this very simple answer, Superman beats Thor easy on his worst day.

Not that it matters as crossovers don't count(as people have pointed out) but calling that a one-punch ignores all the other attacks that were landed during the fight.

If you're going to use non-canon examples, at least have the decency to be honest about what happens in them.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Badabing
Seems to me that wanting to rely on a cross-over is like needing a crutch.

A crutch across your face would help you see the error of your ways!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:17 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Funny how Superman fanatics scream and shout about him beating Thor in the crossover but are simultaneously in complete denial about the difficulty it took Superman to do so by his own words. Something he mentions Twice no less.

But yeah, not useable here anyway, and like the rules wisely point out- There should be enough evidence from decades of comics to prove your case instead of clinging to Cross Company event comics. The fact that you need to cling to that crossover says a lot.

It would be like having a Venom vs Superman thread and people clinging to Venom kicking his butt in the crossover.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
A crutch across your face would help you see the error of your ways!
Keep running your mouth and I'll skip putting you on crutches to putting you in a wheelchair! And this is what I'll do after:

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:33 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Reread the comic. It was far away from being a one shot. He did win though. Thor felt as if he could defeat him a second time. Why don't you think he was using his speed?

I don't need to reread it. I know it very well. Superman caught Thor's hammer with one hand then knocked his ass out with one punch from a sitting down position. You're the one that needs to reread it, dude. Also, you seriously think Thor would've EVER landed a blow on Superman if he was using his speed? You can't be that stupid can you? Any idiot can tell by looking closely at that fight that there were no indicators of Clark using any of his superspeed.

....and who gives a s*** if Thor felt that he'd win a second encounter? That doesn't mean jack****. I'm sure Superman thought he'd win any other encounter just as he did this one. How characters "feel" about any future matchups with a character who just kicked their ass doesn't prove anything, Thorbag.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Sep 30th, 2014 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 02:54 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Badabing
Keep running your mouth and I'll skip putting you on crutches to putting you in a wheelchair! And this is what I'll do after:

BRING IT ON!

ALL RAPTOR OMELETTES ARE $3.50!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 03:04 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

the f--- is going on. LoB is like the angry little dog that demands a fight wherever it goes. Or rather, barks a lot and not much else.

Attachment: 2007-01-03-210332-i-dont-like-small-dogs-but-this-one-is-kinda-rad.jpg
This has been downloaded 74 time(s).

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:10 AM
Darth Thor

Also, you seriously think Thor would've EVER landed a blow on Superman if he was using his speed?

Oh so what you think Superman was taking it easy on him, with a HV Blast and a KO Punch like that?

Don't be ridiculous. You want to go by that comic that's fine, but go by the whole thing then, not just picking and choosing what you like.

Superman won. Cool.

But Thor also had little problems in hitting Superman. Superman just barely won. And Thor didn't even unleash his most lethal powers on him.

Deal.

Or better yet ignore the whole thing like the rules ask us to.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 09:53 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Still waiting for you to add something substantial to your case.

You are still as worthless as ever it seems.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 02:58 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Oh so what you think Superman was taking it easy on him, with a HV Blast and a KO Punch like that?

Don't be ridiculous. You want to go by that comic that's fine, but go by the whole thing then, not just picking and choosing what you like.

Superman won. Cool.

But Thor also had little problems in hitting Superman. Superman just barely won. And Thor didn't even unleash his most lethal powers on him.

Deal.

And Superman was just using his strength. Not his speed.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 02:59 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Guys we do not use that comic as a source of evidence. Please stop doing so or discussing it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 03:56 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Superman won. Cool.

Deal.

Sour grapes, eh Thorbag? LOL.

Bottom line: Superman whipped the blonde sissy's ass.

DEAL.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Sep 30th, 2014 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:05 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Sour grapes, eh Thorbag? LOL.

Bottom line: Superman whipped the blonde sissy's ass.

DEAL.

Why would he have sour grapes, the comic showed that they were close enough that the fight could go either way? Superman just happened to win that time.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:34 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Silent Master
Why would he have sour grapes, the comic showed that they were close enough that the fight could go either way? Superman just happened to win that time.

That's not what happened snake-eyes. But you've been in denial for ten years now, why stop now.

smile

It was a decisive win and Busiek pretty much hit it on our head that even with mjolnir Thor had no chance of winning in a CQC fight. He made it clear in the deluxe hardcover version of JLA/Avengers that Superman was more powerful than Thor.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:39 PM