KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs Count Dooku

Satele Shan vs Count Dooku
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

lol

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:30 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Im blind because its a nonsensical vague quote that doesnt substitute for her lack of dueling/skill feats. So what if she is "violent" that doesnt mean she is a good duelist

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:30 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Your hopeless. That quote isn't saying she is violent, it is saying she is intimate with her fighting skills, more so than even sith who eat sleep and breath killing and death

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:33 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Your hopeless. That quote isn't saying she is violent, it is saying she is intimate with her fighting skills, more so than even sith who eat sleep and breath killing and death

Im guessing you cant comprehend that a stupid quote isnt the same as showings/feats of her dueling ability. So what she is "intimate" with her fighting skill, how does that make any difference in a fight with Dooku who has crushed powerful duelists like Kenobi and Bulq with ease

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:01 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Neither of those to has he had any ease with defeating. Dooku is better than Satele that isn't in question but he isn't going to have as easy a time as hr did with Aotc Kenobi and Satele is the more powerful force wielder so Dooku is the one that needs to be careful in that area

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:33 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by carthage
Im guessing you cant comprehend that a stupid quote isnt the same as showings/feats of her dueling ability. So what she is "intimate" with her fighting skill, how does that make any difference in a fight with Dooku who has crushed powerful duelists like Kenobi and Bulq with ease

So says the guy that defended Saesee tiin's dueling prowess with a single quote and only wanks Saesee Tiin's sparring match with Windu - despite it Barely being a feat laughing

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Dooku is both more powerful and skillful.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Skilled? Yes. Powerful? No

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:03 AM
red8

Satele ragdolls.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:09 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

First off Dooku's lightning means nothing in this battle, Satele can palm lightsabers his lightning got nothing in her.

In TK Satele has gestured droids that are tougher than durrasteel into balls, shattered a blast door, toppled a tree, and launched three sith in the air with one move. What has Dooku done to top that?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:09 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Count Dooku

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
First off Dooku's lightning means nothing in this battle, Satele can palm lightsabers his lightning got nothing in her.

I'm not sure why this mentality is so commonly adopted when concerning lightning. Not just in this case, but in general. Yes, lightsabers (or tutaminis) can counter lightning--But the case is the same for lightsabers as well. Just as a well placed strike can get past the defenses of an opposing duelist, lightning is also a valid tool against which there is no absolute defense. That said, the chances of Satele being overcome by it are low.

quote:
In TK Satele has gestured droids that are tougher than durrasteel into balls,

Not bad at all, but not as impressive as you're trying to make out, either. I personally find Dooku casually lifting over a dozen stone obelisks simultaneously more impressive. I mean, Obi-Wan's capable of bending re-enforced durasteel plates like a cheap spoon with his bare hands, but there's no way in hell he could bench-press one of those things. laughing

quote:
shattered a blast door,

Honestly this isn't all that impressive. For one thing the door was like 6 feet high, and only a few inches thick--Take a look at the doors the Barsen'thor busted up. Also, I had previously gathered that this was more of a display of Satele's ability to use shatterpoint than anything else.

quote:
toppled a tree,

Ventress could do that. Dooku TK raped Ventress with a finger.

quote:
and launched three sith in the air with one move.

Oh spare me, everyone and their grandma can do that.

quote:
So says the guy that defended Saesee tiin's dueling prowess with a single quote

More like, four. All of which being more relevant than the one you're spamming for Satele. erm

Regardless, what does the number of quotes have to do with anything? Saesee Tiin is one of the most skilled lightsaber duelists in the order, and one of the best Jedi it's ever produced. It is stated in the text. Just because you like to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore it doesn't make it any less of a fact.

EDIT: More than that, I have no idea why you're so strongly inclined to bring up Tiin whenever possible despite him being irrelevant to the thread. Are you really that butthurt?

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 15th, 2014 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:36 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01
More like, four. All of which being more relevant than the one you're spamming for Satele. erm

I haven't spammed any quotes for Satele what-so-ever.... no expression

quote:
Regardless, what does the number of quotes have to do with anything? Saesee Tiin is one of the most skilled lightsaber duelists in the order, and one of the best Jedi it's ever produced. It is stated in the text. Just because you like to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore it doesn't make it any less of a fact.

And Satele has a quote calling her a beacon for the republic and one of the most powerful Jedi at that...

What's your point? I don't ignore the text, i simply state that it holds no merit when we analyse Tiins prowess - much like when we analyse Cin Dralligs prowess.

Just Because Dooku praised him, doesn't mean he[Drallig] is in the same league as the others Dooku mentioned

quote:
Insult blah blah

You know, i find it funny, how. You defend Tiin in ever single thread he's in(Against Krayt, Revan etc) But despite us having a Mutual agreement to engage in a debate, You have not even responded. How about instead of calling me "butthurt" you actually engage in our debate.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I haven't spammed any quotes for Satele what-so-ever... no expression

Instead of harping on technicalities, you should really stick to the point. Your post was specifically addressing Carthage's response to the quote. Whether or not it is you or Bantha posting it matters little to me.

quote:
And Satele has a quote calling her a beacon for the republic and one of the most powerful Jedi at that...

...So? I've never denied this.

quote:
I don't ignore the text, i simply state that it holds no merit

Do you listen to yourself?

quote:
You defend Tiin in ever single thread he's in

As well as threads he's not in, apparently.

quote:
How about instead of calling me "butthurt" you actually engage in our debate.

I asked you to make the thread and you have yet to. That is not my problem. erm

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 15th, 2014 at 04:53 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 04:43 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Instead of harping on technicalities, you should really stick to the point. Your post was specifically addressing Carthage's response to the quote being repeatedly posted for Satele. Whether or not it is you or Bantha posting it matters little.

LOL that makes no sense, how can you accusing me of doing something I didn't even do and then just say "Yeah you said X thing" *Gets corrected* "But it doesn't matter what who said it because ...?" flawless logic right there thumb up

quote:
Do you listen to yourself?

It "holds no merit" due to him having nothing to support his prowess - I've stated this many times before, what you quoted was a simple mistake on my part.

quote:
As well as threads he's not in, apparently.

Only because you choose to be offended that the idea that Saesee is not all that impressive, I stated that, with the intention of pointing out Carthage's hypocrisy.

quote:
I asked you to make the thread and you have yet to. That is not my problem. erm

Shit, I misread the text from that thread as:

"So I'll post the topic i guess, I'll make an opening argument tomorrow, since you're so reluctant to do so"

Alright, My mistake.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:00 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

This is highly entertaining.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
LOL that makes no sense

What doesn't? Who is posting the quote is irrelevant to my point, I don't care.

quote:
It "holds no merit" due to him having nothing to support his prowess - I've stated this many times before, what you quoted was a simple mistake on my part.

I don't see how it's a mistake. You are clearly saying that statements from the text do not count for some characters, but they do for others. Because you "stated it" so.

quote:
Only because you choose to be offended that the idea that Saesee is not all that impressive

Were I to say the same of someone like Jaden Korr, you would surely be provoked to revoke it, would you not? The only difference is that I don't even like Saesee Tiin, so having to constantly refute this nonsense is really tiresome for me. Please believe that.

And, to quote carthage, let's please stop derailing the thread. Seriously, the page is going to end and the previous discussion is going to be snuffed out.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 15th, 2014 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:12 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

What doesn't? Who is posting the quote is irrelevant to my point, I don't care.

Then don't come at me with inaccurate accusations kiddo.

quote:
I don't see how it's a mistake. You are clearly saying that statements from the text do not count for some characters, but they do for others. Because you "stated it" so.

I wasn't stating "Oh satele's accolade holds merit because I say so, but Saesee tiin does because i hate him crying face" I was arguing that she also has an accolade like Tiins - perhaps even more impressive(though that is left up in the air for debate - the impressiveness of the accolade i mean.)

quote:
Were I to say the same of someone like Jaden Korr, you would surely be provoked to revoke it, would you not? The only difference is that I don't even like Saesee Tiin, so having to constantly refute this nonsense is really tiresome for me. Please believe that.

I hardly give a damn for anything regarding trolls trying to low ball Jaden just to get at me kiddo, Carthage tried that and failed. And if you don't like to respond, then don't simple as that broski.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:18 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So says the guy that defended Saesee tiin's dueling prowess with a single quote and only wanks Saesee Tiin's sparring match with Windu - despite it Barely being a feat laughing

I never once brought up Saesee's feat in the debate I humiliated you in in your crap team vs. B team. I know you're butthurt that Tiin is considered one of the best in the order, but I never once brought up that moment in that entire discussion you chickened out of.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:26 AM