KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Shaak Ti vs. Kit Fisto

Shaak Ti vs. Kit Fisto
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Q99 which source or scene is that?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:42 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest Shaak Ti really didn't do a good job against the numbers when you get meticulous with the video. At the start she literally runs away from them when their numbers build around her, and wasn't comfortable fighting four at once. Every time she was surrounded by them she was disarmed and hit by them several times, or at the very end she briefly engages four and ends up blade locked by all of them, which would have meant defeat had they MGs not left.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing because of their sheer numbers, but to claim being overwhelmed by them is a feat that elevates her above Fisto who is just obviously more capable than her is just being ignorant of what we actually, visibly see Shaak doing.

I'm not even lowballing. Everything I'm saying is backed up by what is on-screen, and evident from source material regarding both Ti and the opponents she has faced. Whether one wants to acknowledge that is up to them. I'm not claiming to be objectively correct either, but it's obvious Ti doesn't have much of a case being made for her.

And "surviving" against Vader also doesn't elevate her above Kit, especially when you consider what happened to Drallig, who is confirmed to be Ti's superior. Not only would Kit provide more of a challenge than just surviving and running away from Vader, but Ti would have been butchered the same as Drallig had she stayed in that situation for longer than she had.

I think asserting that Fisto would have done worse against Vader than Cin Drallig is where we draw the line.

Time to stop the Ti highballing, methinks. She can be a good character without being an especially good duelist.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Last edited by ILS on Jan 14th, 2015 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:47 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:09 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Argument backed by evidence > Meme

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:20 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

What evidence?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Citations to various novels and sourcebooks, perhaps?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:29 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

And those citations and various novels state that Fisto is above Shaak Ti or it is just your impression?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:32 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arhael
And those citations and various novels state that Fisto is above Shaak Ti or it is just your impression?
Originally posted by ILS
And those citations and various novels state that Shaak Ti is above Fisto or it is just your impression?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:38 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

In other words no evidence.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:39 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Depends on how you choose to use the word "evidence". I'm getting the impression from you that you believe any and all arguments are subjective speculation until we get an out-of-universe declaration from creators that X > Y in order to believe that X > Y.

Problem is that we don't need that to work out that X > Y, hence why boards like this have been going strong for like over a decade now. All we need to do is compare their combat ability and, would you look at that, that's exactly what's been done in this thread. Fisto won.

You can't complain that I'm lacking evidence when nobody has posted equivalent "evidence" for Ti, much less even presented an argument for her.

GG

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:43 PM
S_W_LeGenD

I think that Shaak Ti is poorly represented in sources, if she is indeed among the best of her time.

She impressed me in TFU content though, nice depiction.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 01:19 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by ILS
Depends on how you choose to use the word "evidence". I'm getting the impression from you that you believe any and all arguments are subjective speculation until we get an out-of-universe declaration from creators that X > Y in order to believe that X > Y.

Problem is that we don't need that to work out that X > Y, hence why boards like this have been going strong for like over a decade now. All we need to do is compare their combat ability and, would you look at that, that's exactly what's been done in this thread. Fisto won.

You can't complain that I'm lacking evidence when nobody has posted equivalent "evidence" for Ti, much less even presented an argument for her.

GG

Fisto won? Nearly all people gave it to Shaak Ti here. Her taking on 20+ magnaguards is an evidence enough. Fisto never did anything even remotely as impressive.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 02:48 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fisto won? Nearly all people gave it to Shaak Ti here. Her taking on 20+ magnaguards is an evidence enough. Fisto never did anything even remotely as impressive.
Bandwagon fallacy. I already debunked that argument extensively in prior posts. Simply taking the number of MagnaGuards and Shaak Ti's presence near them and acting like she actually did well doesn't really cut it. It's like putting Fisto in front of 30,000 droids and saying he "held his own against an entire army" when really he ended up running away and overwhelmed.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 03:39 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by ILS
[B]Bandwagon fallacy. I already debunked that argument extensively in prior posts. Simply taking the number of MagnaGuards and Shaak Ti's presence near them and acting like she actually did well doesn't really cut it. It's like putting Fisto in front of 30,000 droids and saying he "held his own against an entire army" when really he ended up running away and overwhelmed.

You did not debunk. You came up with an excuse. Magnaguards wield saber stuff. There is no reason to assume they can't defend against it.

And I call you on double standards:
quote:
You're right, stalemating one MagnaGuard for 30 seconds > Destroying two in seconds.

Numbers and time matter to you, when it suits you.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:27 PM
Zenwolf

You did not debunk. You came up with an excuse. Magnaguards wield saber stuff.

Electrostaffs not saber. :P

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ILS
Bandwagon fallacy. I already debunked that argument extensively in prior posts.

No, you posted mitigating factors. Even with those factors it easily surpasses Fisto's best feats.

quote:

Simply taking the number of MagnaGuards and Shaak Ti's presence near them and acting like she actually did well doesn't really cut it.

The number she destroyed- and that she destroyed several of them sans weapons- is very impressive.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You did not debunk. You came up with an excuse. Magnaguards wield saber stuff. There is no reason to assume they can't defend against it.

And I call you on double standards:

Numbers and time matter to you, when it suits you.
An excuse... which is supported by source material perfectly. Please try not to simplify my argument to "MagnaGuards can't fight staffs lul not tru" for the sake of appeasing your inner Shaak Ti fan.

Numbers and time have never stopped mattering to me. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Originally posted by Q99
No, you posted mitigating factors. Even with those factors it easily surpasses Fisto's best feats.

The number she destroyed- and that she destroyed several of them sans weapons- is very impressive.
..so even though MagnaGuards are specifically weak against and lack the programming to properly defend against the type of assault Ti briefly put out, those factors aren't enough to show you why the feat has little to do with Ti's skill? We're not only conveniently ignoring both the bulk of my argument from previous pages, but also the several times Shaak Ti has failed to kill MagnaGuards with her lightsaber, even in a direct 1v1?

We're going to ignore every circumstance regarding the feat, ignore the fact she's objectively inferior to Cin Drallig, and essentially ignore anything that could be considered of detriment to her supposed skill, and just run with the "but she fought 20 MagnaGuards tho1!!!1!" routine?

Absolute. Nonsense.

Tell you what guys, try picking apart my posts from previous pages - all of them, in fact - and I'll continue this debate. I'm not letting you guys nitpick the tiny aspects of this argument which suit your own debating preference when I've already addressed it in it's entirety once. There's simply no need for me to even reply to people at this point, Shaak lost.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:11 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ILS
To be honest Shaak Ti really didn't do a good job against the numbers when you get meticulous with the video.

All that matters is that both her and Fisto can easily kick Grievous's butt.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ya know, now that I think about it. That's kinda an oversight on Grevious with his Magnaguards, it's not like a huge oversight mind you considering that a group of them were able to kill Palps Red Guard(abit still they did hold their own against them and killed at least one). But I feel it's something Grevious should have taken notice of.

Also on an unrelated note, found a feat in LoE where some Red Guards pretty much blitz a group of battle droids.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

ILS' arguments are pretty good, imo. He's changed my mind on the subject.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 07:34 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote