KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Maybe you should wholeheartedly try to be coherent

\

i am always coherent you ignorant person..

Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, I dont understand what hes trying to say.

you know exactly what i am trying to say, pedophile lover... has the fbi talked to campea yet??

hahahahahahahahaha..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 02:58 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

So, what you're saying is that you're a pedo lover? Hmmm. eek!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 03:20 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Or maybe yours are too low?
Idk but I'm just surprised at the disparity between my opinion and the opinions of others. For me this movie was everything I've ever wanted in a Spider-Man movie.

I mean the "Spider-Man isn't a party trick" scene or just the scene of the vulnerable kid buried under rubble screaming for help or the scenes where peter makes sacrifices in his personal life to be Spider-Man are beautiful scenes. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The moment peter decides to walk away from the girl of his dreams to go stop the vulture, that was ****ing peak Spider-Man

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 03:45 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Firefly218
Idk but I'm just surprised at the disparity between my opinion and the opinions of others. For me this movie was everything I've ever wanted in a Spider-Man movie.

I mean the "Spider-Man isn't a party trick" scene or just the scene of the vulnerable kid buried under rubble screaming for help or the scenes where peter makes sacrifices in his personal life to be Spider-Man are beautiful scenes. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The moment peter decides to walk away from the girl of his dreams to go stop the vulture, that was ****ing peak Spider-Man

The parts you've named are good parts; the problem is that they've all been done, at least in some way, in other Spider-Man movies before. Being Spidey getting in the way of his life? The Maguire movies dealt heavily with that.

And sure, the rubble scene was good, but it's in the same movie as a horribly edited final fight scene, a weirdly done romance, and a frankly dickish post credits scene. Not saying the good wasn't good, just that you can't take the good without the bad, or at the very least the mediocre.

I thought the movie was fine, personally. Just not great. And not on the same level as the first two Maguire movies.

Also, why the hell is Flash Thompson not a jock?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 04:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, why the hell is Flash Thompson not a jock?
I think they were going for the Breakfast Club thing of reversing tired archetypes. I don't think it worked as well as it could have I wish I hated Flash, the movie doesn't make you hate him enough that's true.

As for the end battle I have to disagree. If it was some expertly choreographed sequence it would have come off very inauthentic. I like that it was just a reckless chaotic chain of events, because at this point we still don't have a polished Spider-Man.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 04:22 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With it being the start of a new trilogy

I'd give the movie about an 8/10, There's room for improvement.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 05:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I thought the movie was fine, personally. Just not great. And not on the same level as the first two Maguire movies.

It's not like the first Ramai film had any epic action sequences either. Even for the time. (Aside from the first time he web swings).

Anyway this was a win for me because Spider Tracer. Finally we get Spider Tracers. Only took 6 damn films.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 07:39 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I had to rank the spidermen it'd go
1 - spiderman 1
2 - homecoming
3 - spiderman 2
4 - spiderman 3
5 - amazing spiderman
6 - amazing spiderman 2

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 08:35 AM
Darth Thor

I'll never understand how anyone can rank SM3 above TASM1.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 10:39 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just accept it and move on.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 10:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

The movie was decent, but it felt short for me because Disney went out of its way to pander to minorities.

They destroyed both MJ and Flash to the demands of sjw's, and in effect, but characters became weak and pathetic.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 01:13 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

k

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 01:25 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SquallX
The movie was decent, but it felt short for me because Disney went out of its way to pander to minorities.

They destroyed both MJ and Flash to the demands of sjw's, and in effect, but characters became weak and pathetic.

MJ was not Mary Jane. So nothing destroyed.

Flash was not destroyed because he was a coloured person. He was destroyed because he was a dweeb.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 04:29 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Flash was not destroyed because he was a coloured person. He was destroyed because he was a dweeb.

This. It had zero to do with skin colour. He just came across as a weasel-y, lame wannabe.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 05:36 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Flash was the worst part to me. He's supposed to be a big athlete, and the fastest guy around, hence the nickname Flash, ffs. I don't know what idiot thought it was a good idea to cast some dork who's smaller than Holland, and then make him on the debate team instead of a star quarterback. So stupid, it may as well not even be the same character.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 06:52 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Flash was the worst part to me. He's supposed to be a big athlete, and the fastest guy around, hence the nickname Flash, ffs. I don't know what idiot thought it was a good idea to cast some dork who's smaller than Holland, and then make him on the debate team instead of a star quarterback. So stupid, it may as well not even be the same character.
Agreed. Terrible character. At least the MJ replacement was interesting in her own right. This kid was just a flat out fgt.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 07:51 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. Terrible character. At least the MJ replacement was interesting in her own right. This kid was just a flat out fgt.

Flash couldn't be a "Classical Bully'. That would probably be to traumatizing to certain delicate viewers. So they had to go with the Internet Snarky Troll version instead. Much more modern. smile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 11:01 PM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This. It had zero to do with skin colour. He just came across as a weasel-y, lame wannabe.
thumb up

The guy was even loser-er than Parker himself ffs.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 12:43 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Firefly218
I think they were going for the Breakfast Club thing of reversing tired archetypes. I don't think it worked as well as it could have I wish I hated Flash, the movie doesn't make you hate him enough that's true.

As for the end battle I have to disagree. If it was some expertly choreographed sequence it would have come off very inauthentic. I like that it was just a reckless chaotic chain of events, because at this point we still don't have a polished Spider-Man.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's not like the first Ramai film had any epic action sequences either. Even for the time. (Aside from the first time he web swings).

Anyway this was a win for me because Spider Tracer. Finally we get Spider Tracers. Only took 6 damn films.

I'm not talking about how epic or not they were. I'm speaking about how badly edited the final battle (from basically the plane onwards) was. Far too chaotic and the lighting just seemed rather... I dunno, ****ed. I much preferred the bit on the boat earlier in the movie.

And to the fair, the first movie still had the fight in the burning building and the final battle itself.

Originally posted by Talon Fang
Flash couldn't be a "Classical Bully'. That would probably be to traumatizing to certain delicate viewers. So they had to go with the Internet Snarky Troll version instead. Much more modern. smile

They could have, at the very least, made him a popular douche. He wasn't even that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 01:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Zack M
So, what you're saying is that you're a pedo lover? Hmmm. eek!

lol we all know you love Campea so much you're always underneath his table and at his house, when the feds come calling do not lie to them...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 02:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote