KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I liked the second episode more than the first, but it's still a show that's very much a work in progress. Even with Flash not being as good this season, Supergirl lags behind it in pretty much every way imo.

They need to up the production values, the fx and the writing, and then we could see an upturn I think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 11:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
Agreed. Maybe once the crossovers start it will get better. I will have to wait and see. Looks average in the pic.

he'll be on par with diggle prolly

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good episode, nice to see a daximite added as well as the last daughter of mars. John needs a girlfriend.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 02:15 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Supergirl has Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian, Mon-el, and Superman. They literally outclass the Justice League by a factor of 1000.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 10:53 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

only good thing was the cgi...

lynda carter had one great line and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: her being an alien wasn't a surprise

the actor playing Mon-El needs to hit the weights

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 12:01 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I bet he looks better then you shirtless.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 12:11 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just watched episode 3. Not bad, but I'm still not digging the look of the Martians. I don't mind the design, but I think they'd be better off using more make-up and less CGI.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another great episode

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 03:37 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wanted to see more of Draaga, definitely liked the Warworld reference and it immerses the show in Superman lore. Can't say I cared for the outcome of the fight though obviously Kara only won because Mon-El helped her. Draaga seems like he would've tore through J'onn and Meghan though.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 07:11 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting twist at the end, even though I kind of guessed it.

And what did they incapacitate J'onn with? Would it have dropped Supergirl?

Also, why was J'onn even fighting? If there's something forcing everyone to fight, they didn't show that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 01:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea that part was dumb, he should have just arrested her and flown her out of there. My thinking tho is that he didn't want to bow his DEO cover.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 01:31 PM
Darth Thor

Just caught up on the first 2 episodes. Really liking the new Superman (although find it strange he looks the same age as Kara).

Still was wishing the CW would rid the show of some of the cheesiness though which is still there. Also the plot could still use more of an Umph factor.

Will see where it goes. Hopefully more Kal to come.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 03:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

They explain why they are the same age in the first season, we also know Superman really does not age.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 04:35 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
They explain why they are the same age in the first season, we also know Superman really does not age.

I heard the explanation, but then that means Clark Kent also hasn't aged in a decade. So doesn't that make keeping his alter ego a bit silly by this point?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 04:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I heard the explanation, but then that means Clark Kent also hasn't aged in a decade. So doesn't that make keeping his alter ego a bit silly by this point?

That's kind of an bad thing in itself as now there's a David Harewood and a good Superman on a mediocre show that, going at least off the Metallo fight, doesn't even try to be decent.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 10:43 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its the same Clark Kent he's always been the same role, I dont understand your angle.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 11:35 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

best thing about this show still is david harewood..

looking forward to the lesbionics between maggie and alex

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 02:12 AM
Darth Thor

Down to 2.2mill viewers. Ouch.

They need to give the show some umph if it's to make it to S3.

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Its the same Clark Kent he's always been the same role, I dont understand your angle.

Clark obviously hasn't aged in over a decade (like Superman). Given that, Supes keeping his Kent identity seems more and more of a stretch IMO.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 12:38 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Down to 2.2mill viewers. Ouch.

They need to give the show some umph if it's to make it to S3.

Given CW's record of saving show with both low views and ratings, Supergirl would habe to actively try to get itself cancelled.

With that said the drop is pitiful considering this was averaging 6-7million viewers. It's even mode pitiful when it priemered with a pilot of 12 million viewers.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 02:34 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Given CW's record of saving show with both low views and ratings, Supergirl would habe to actively try to get itself cancelled.

With that said the drop is pitiful considering this was averaging 6-7million viewers. It's even mode pitiful when it priemered with a pilot of 12 million viewers.

I doubt the CW has an unlimited budget. SG's not a cheap show, and even CW has its limits on how many viewers an expensive show can survive on. Legends of tomorrow is surviving on less viewers for now, but I'm sure it's not as expensive as Supergirl, and at least that show isn't dipping in ratings every week.

SG's S1 drop on CBS was just as bad as AOS's S1 drop on ABC. But obviously AOS didn't make a move to a tiny network like CW for S2.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 04:50 PM