KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pilot is out.

First ep. was mediocre.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The opening sequence that showcased Kara's history was the best part of the show. It was cool to see [an albeit silhouetted] Superman discovering her. I also didn't realize Dean Cain would be making an appearance in this... That made me grin.

Aside from that, it was mostly about Kara's discovery of her powers, and the transition into a formal hero. Looks like it will become a proverbial 'rogue of the week' type of show, what with the escaped Phantom Zone convicts that are running around the world causing havoc. Hopefully that side of things will be handled well--most of these shows lose my interest when we start seeing the same exact plot every week.

Also, Jimmy Olsen is black? Da fuk is that all about? He's supposed to be a ginger.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 22nd, 2015 at 04:55 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 04:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Pilot is out.

First ep. was mediocre.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

Also, Jimmy Olsen is black? Da fuk is that all about? He's supposed to be a ginger.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Black is the new Orange

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:08 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wish they would have cast a black actress as Kara.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 05:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

what site can i go on to watch?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 06:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what site can i go on to watch?

Torrent

Also on her planet the "S" stands for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: S l u t

http://i.imgur.com/9hWChFK.jpg

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 06:44 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Inhuman
Torrent

Also on her planet the "S" stands for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: S l u t

http://i.imgur.com/9hWChFK.jpg

thanks..

i just watched this... it wasn't good... too much time talking about Superman and not truly focusing on her.. also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: introducing kryptonite on the show kind of makes no sense especially it wasn't hinted at in Man of Steel...

best thing about the pilot was seeing dean cain and helen slater

also can someone tell me when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hank henshaw becomes cyborg supes

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 04:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I wish the whole cast was black.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 05:10 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thanks..

i just watched this... it wasn't good... too much time talking about Superman and not truly focusing on her.. also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: introducing kryptonite on the show kind of makes no sense especially it wasn't hinted at in Man of Steel...

best thing about the pilot was seeing dean cain and helen slater

also can someone tell me when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hank henshaw becomes cyborg supes
this show has nothing to do with the DCcU.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 05:19 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Smallville on the cheap and written by feminists.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 02:23 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm confused, why do people want Kara and/or the entire cast to be black? I find myself not really caring about what race the characters are.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 04:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

pretty sure those comments are sarcastic and meant to mock the fact that they made jimmy black for no damn reason... like if ur gonna change one, may as well say fucc the entire source material and change the characteristics and ethnicity of everyone

Last edited by marwash22 on May 23rd, 2015 at 06:05 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 06:02 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What Marwash is basically saying is that people are autistic, thus the butthurt at a minor character whose race is entirely irrelevant to his pathos diverging from the source material. thumb up

Anyway, the pilot was shit. tbh though I'm not big on these smallville type shows anyway. The only way the pilot could have interested me is if it showed Kara punching someone through a building. Otherwise IRDGAF.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 06:46 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by marwash22
this show has nothing to do with the DCcU.

doesn't matter since they kept on and on about Kal

besides IDGAF

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 06:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

pretty sure those comments are sarcastic and meant to mock the fact that they made jimmy black for no damn reason... like if ur gonna change one, may as well say fucc the entire source material and change the characteristics and ethnicity of everyone

I see, well I'm torn on the issue. I'm a firm believer in the fact that if you have a character that is normally white you should not cast a character of another race for no reason. Notice I said no reason, if the person is actually the best actor who tried out for the job then that is a legit reason.

Plus they are late to the "change Jimmy for no reason" party. Man of Steel gave the guy boobies and a vagina.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 08:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What Marwash is basically saying is that people are autistic, thus the butthurt at a minor character whose race is entirely irrelevant to his pathos diverging from the source material. thumb up
that is NOT what i was saying.

Don't put words in my mouth, or i will put something worse in yours.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 09:38 PM
Mindset

that is NOT what i was saying.

Don't put words in my mouth, or i will put something worse in yours.
Do it, marwash.

He's been asking for it lately.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 09:54 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm wondering how long this show will last.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 10:03 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If the pilot is any indication, a season.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 10:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Mindset
Do it, marwash.

He's been asking for it lately.
the big gay queer might enjoy it too much.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 10:32 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

No one ****s Mr. Wallace except Mrs. Wallace.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 10:42 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote