KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Wrath Runs the Gauntlet

Wrath Runs the Gauntlet
Started by: Col. Valerian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geistalt
How was the Wrath weakened?

Clearly was responding to Freshest, tbh.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:17 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Way off.
Interdasking. What does he mean by this then:
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Beating a superior version of Revan doesn't mean he's above Revan. Just ask Drew.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:18 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

SOR. Because Foundry Revan is probably the weakest incarnation of Revan there is.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:20 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

In which it literally states wrath can't take him alone, the context of the fight Proves it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Oh; you meant KotOR Revan was far more powerful than Kun while weakened.

[I know; you really meant Foundry Revan, but he was hurling fvcking asteroids]

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

SOR. Because Foundry Revan is probably the weakest incarnation of Revan there is.
But Wrath had copious backup, and that was just one half of Revan's essence, while the other (apparently) helped empower the team.

So yeah, not sure why Fresh would bring up SOR.

What do you have to say for yourself, 'slice?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:24 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

At insane speeds as well^

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Even in the foundry, he still had a strike team.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:25 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Even in the foundry, he still had a strike team.
It's soloable, as with Malgus.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:26 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by ILS
But Wrath had copious backup, and that was just one half of Revan's essence, while the other (apparently) helped empower the team.

So yeah, not sure why Fresh would bring up SOR.

What do you have to say for yourself, 'slice?

Uhh, The Wrath had backup on the Foundry as well, so that’s not factoring into Freshest’s equation.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:26 AM
Haschwalth

Originally posted by ILS

Pretty sure that's just game mechanics. was sure you needed a strike team to do it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:27 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by ILS

Sure, but there’s specific quotes that talk about how flashpoints are strike team missions. That they’re solo-able by antisocial edgelords doesn’t necessarily mean much.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:29 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uhh, The Wrath had backup on the Foundry as well, so that’s not factoring into Freshest’s equation.
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Pretty sure that's just game mechanics. was sure you needed a strike team to do it.
I was under the impression that the possibility of soloing the content meant this was possible for the protagonists in practice?

ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure, but there’s specific quotes that talk about how flashpoints are strike team missions. That they’re solo-able by antisocial edgelords doesn’t necessarily mean much.
I see. Is there any confirmation one way or another?

Haschwalth

It's classified as a flashpoint, which is mean't for team gameplay, much like a heroic 4, but with it's own instance.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:33 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Best you’ll get are quotes saying flashpoints are group missions. Pretty sure one quote regarding the Malgus FP explicitly talks about gathering a team to do th flashpoint.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:34 AM
Haschwalth

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/flashpoints

This pretty much covers it's intent for Team gameplay.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:35 AM
Haschwalth

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/group-missions

quote:
Some threats around the galaxy are too dangerous for even the most seasoned warrior to take on alone. Throughout your journey, you will come across requests to join with others and take on story-driven missions designed to challenge groups of from four to sixteen players.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:38 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's definitely a group mission, but that doesn't preclude the possibility of soloing it either, which appears to become possible at a high enough level. I don't think "Some threats around the galaxy are too dangerous for even the most seasoned warrior to take on alone." is really binding. It seems to be talking about gameplay, since these are challenges for groups of players. That doesn't mean Malgus is necessarily > HoT, etc, and that they made it solo-able seems telling.

Another example I'd draw is Mace Windu forming strike teams on two different occasions to deal with Maul. Is a team consisting of four Jedi masters, a padawan and a group of clone troopers required to kill Maul and Opress? No, but that's the team that was sent.

There's also the fact that Malgus has military resources, IIRC, that need to be destroyed before facing him, so in that case sending a group would make a lot of sense. That doesn't preclude one Jedi defeating Malgus.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 02:47 AM
Haschwalth

The point is, only way you solo the flashpoint is through game mechanics.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:00 AM