KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Wrath Runs the Gauntlet

Wrath Runs the Gauntlet
Started by: Col. Valerian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Haschwalth
The point is, only way you solo the flashpoint is through game mechanics.
Pretty sure there is unique dialogue for both the Foundry and Malgus fights.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:04 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's stated that a strike team fought Revan.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sure that's what actually happened (maybe), doesn't mean it's the only possible course of action. Unless you have a quote?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:18 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Indeed, though I'd love to see a quote that invalidates possible scenarios in Legends. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, Ant?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:39 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by ILS
Unless you have a quote?

quote:
The Foundry
[...]But it won't be easy. The station is in the hands of a mad Jedi who wants to purge the galaxy of Sith, and the complex itself is surrounded by a Republic fleet. To take the station, the Empire sends a small group of its most powerful champions to the asteroid surface to storm the base, fight their way through the army of droids and defeat the crazed Jedi once and for all.

quote:
The False Emperor
[...]The Empire and Republic call on their most powerful heroes to board the Sith’s stolen battlestation and bring an end to their march across the galaxy. But the rogue Sith was prepared, and has readied the battlestation in preparation for the confrontation that lies ahead. Now the most elite heroes in the galaxy must battle their way through a seemingly endless army of droids and soldiers before facing off with the rogue Sith to crush their new Empire once and for all.

Curiously enough, mined data suggests The False Emperor flashpoint was originally intended to be a 8 player mission, as there's a version of the FP on the database where all PC's can participate.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:40 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Is there a quote that says only a group of four could defeat Malgus or Revan? If not, what you just posted was completely irrelevant to the point. Dialogue supports the fact that Revan and Malgus could both be defeated alone, and that makes those scenarios valid. End of discussion.

Though the idea that there is a definite to any of this is false either way because they're both in Legends, which is not a continuity last I checked. Valid scenarios work for argumentation and placement.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:42 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

A group of it's most powerful champions, that clearly means He is not facing one lmfao.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/d...y/english/group

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

And FYI Kotor Revan would destroy foundry Revan.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

There's no source for that, and again, not the point. What a sourcebook said back before the Legends split has no impact on the validity of the single player content that is also in the game. If the game says said scenario is possible, it is possible unless stated otherwise. Show where it says it's not possible, or concede.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:04 AM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Is there a quote that says only a group of four could defeat Malgus or Revan?

By it's own definition, a flashpoint is intended, including story-wise, as demonstrated by the FP entries I posted above, to be a group oriented activity.

quote:
Flashpoints
[...]Flashpoints are action-packed, story-driven adventures that test a group of players to their limits, putting them up against difficult foes in volatile situations.[...]

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/flashpoints

By rigorously following it's own definition, a flashpoint can't be dissociated from team play. Which brings back what Skillz stated about the solo mode being a workround for players that can't or don't want to find a group.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:11 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's okay, the Smuggler is pretty badass any way, and Malgus should take no shame in his L.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:12 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by TenebrousWay
By it's own definition, a flashpoint is intended, including story-wise, as demonstrated by the FP entries I posted above, to be a group oriented activity.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/flashpoints

By rigorously following it's own definition, a flashpoint can't be dissociated from team play. Which brings back what Skillz stated about the solo mode being a workround for players that can't or don't want to find a group.

And yet story mode flashpoints are clearly marked solo, and dialogue backs this up. Now, give me the evidence I asked for, or you can do as I recommended Hasch. I'll gladly take two concessions, as opposed to one.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:17 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Escaping imprisonment in a mad bid to destroy the Emperor for good, he was stopped by an Imperial strike force and believed dead."

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I see you too don't quite know how to read. An example of a strike team that is obviously required is Revan in SOR where Revan flat outstates the player can't defeat EVULZ-Revan alone, and he's shown to be overwhelming. What you posted is not evidence, and is in fact contradicted by dialogue when you go solo. The fact that more people show up does not mean that more people are required, this being if we take outside sources as definite, especially when the person they are combating loses. You need hard evidence that Revan can't be solo'd to dismiss the very hard evidence that he can be.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:33 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's clear what happened was that a strike team fought Revan. The solo options are overruled by the codex.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:35 AM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
And yet story mode flashpoints are clearly marked solo, and dialogue backs this up. Now, give me the evidence I asked for, or you can do as I recommended Hasch. I'll gladly take two concessions, as opposed to one.

The two definitions of Flashpoints in the whole of swtor.com literally states it's a story-driven, group activity. If they could be "canonically" soloed, it'd render the entire definition wrong - not only that, there'd be no reason to have flashpoints at all, story-wise.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:40 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That it's a group activity does not mean said group activity cannot be completed by one player, which is 100% possible.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:43 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's clear what happened was that a strike team fought Revan. The solo options are overruled by the codex.

I didn't punch the shit out of you for this half assed response, but trust me that it's very possible for me to. What we are discussing is possibility. Stop dodging.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:51 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Except simply being a possibility doesn't warrant it being legitimate material for a Legends debate.

The "legend" would be that a strike team defeated Revan. There is not sub-Legends for every differing possible move the player makes.

If there is, gladly share proof from Chee or Pablo.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:54 AM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by ILS
That it's a group activity does not mean said group activity cannot be completed by one player, which is 100% possible.

quote:
Flashpoints
The galaxy is filled with perilous adventures, some of which are simply too dangerous for you to tackle on your own; you will need to group together with your allies in order to take on some of the most challenging missions in the galaxy![...]

Originally posted by TenebrousWay
If they could be "canonically" soloed, it'd render the entire definition wrong - not only that, there'd be no reason to have flashpoints at all, story-wise.

It seems clear to me that, by it's own definition and it's own reason to exist, Flashpoints, story-wise, are a group based event.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 04:59 AM