KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Fear the Walking Dead

Fear the Walking Dead
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Whether he deserved it or not wasn't what you were defending on your first post at all. And it's an irrelevant point altogether anyway.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Whether he deserved it or not wasn't what you were defending on your first post at all. And it's an irrelevant point altogether anyway.

Well, that was the point of my initial post in saying he was "snowed".

I mean, yeah, I get he's a terrible person, a bigot, a bad father, a bad husband, and only cares about saving his own skin at the expense of everyone else... but that doesn't mean he should be shot to death.

Hell, you could justify Frank Castle's actions a lot more against the people he kills, and I think he's on the wrong side of the issue as well..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by cdtm
The only thing you brought up that says he deserved what happened is "the indian's" (How very regressive of you, calling him an indian) father. One could argue self defense against a trespasser, but it sounds like he outright murdered the man...

Everything else just marks him as a shitty person, which doesn't mean he didn't have a right to his property, or wasn't justified in defending what's his. Even if it cost everyone else their lives (They could just leave, after all. He owes them nothing.)
I agree. Those people could have left whenever they wanted, he was keeping them alive.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 02:21 PM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I find Madison pretty much insufferable at this point.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 02:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I find Madison pretty much insufferable at this point.

Same here.
I'm a spouse and a parent, i GET wanting to keep your kids safe, but damn is she psychotic about it.
The stunt at the hotel with the lghts, the aggresively trying to keep her son from growing up and being with a woman, the screwing ip the parlay cuz she couldnt wait like 2 days to get her daughter back...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 07:11 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
Same here.
I'm a spouse and a parent, i GET wanting to keep your kids safe, but damn is she psychotic about it.
The stunt at the hotel with the lghts, the aggresively trying to keep her son from growing up and being with a woman, the screwing ip the parlay cuz she couldnt wait like 2 days to get her daughter back...

Yeah, all that, and then she actually tries to play the victim card to boot. "You don't know the burden I carry!!!"

I'm still rooting for Strand. He's a bastard, but at least he owns that shit.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 08:41 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Hell yes, re: Strand.

The victim card didnt sway me at all. Everyone has shit/baggage to deal with.
She's purposely endangering ppl for selfish reasons.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 09:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I liked her story about how she had to kill her abusive dad which explained how she kinda is, but yeah, a lot of moments like her missing up the parlay and other parts is still indefensible.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 09:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Or her lying about what Troy did to create further animosity between them and the Native Americans, and planting ideas in his head that not only caused more violence, but had a negative impact on his relationships with his brother (who seems to be one of the few people who genuinely cares about him) and father. And this is after she learns about his past, and knows that he is unstable and vulnerable in that regard. That's one of the reasons I thought "WTF" when she tried her sob story. Troy and Jake went through similar shit as children (abusive alcoholic parents). But she doesn't show them any real sympathy. Instead she tries to use what she knows to manipulate them to serve her agenda.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 16th, 2017 at 05:01 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2017 04:59 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Or her lying about what Troy did to create further animosity between them and the Native Americans, and planting ideas in his head that not only caused more violence, but had a negative impact on his relationships with his brother (who seems to be one of the few people who genuinely cares about him) and father. And this is after she learns about his past, and knows that he is unstable and vulnerable in that regard. That's one of the reasons I thought "WTF" when she tried her sob story. Troy and Jake went through similar shit as children (abusive alcoholic parents). But she doesn't show them any real sympathy. Instead she tries to use what she knows to manipulate them to serve her agenda.

Good synopsis;
I didnt even want to get into the above, as i would have segued into rant mode.

While i rate her above the parent show's Andrea, Madison is by no means my favorite character. She serves to drive the plot forward though, so there's that.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2017 05:17 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh shit, kinda forgot about her manipulation of Troy causing more ruckus with the Native Americans as well. Yeah, not even her backstory really justifies anything done this arc. She's not the worst AMC's WD universe has produced though, just insufferable more often than not... Shame that she outlived Travis.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2017 05:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, I really liked Travis. He wasn't above getting his hands dirty, but he also genuinely seemed to want to make an effort to find solutions that helped everybody when it was possible. Madison doesn't give a shit about how many people she hurts in order to get what she wants.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2017 06:53 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Season opener was actually good... I just might continue watching. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 02:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

It was better than the main series finale.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 02:33 PM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Well we got a little time jump tonight.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 01:12 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So, the Vultures huh?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:13 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

... Really? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killing off Nick like that? Thought he was gonna learn some shit under Morgan, but I guess not.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 04:33 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

How long has Morgan been on the show?

Any other crossovers?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 11:57 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just started this season.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 03:37 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
... Really? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killing off Nick like that? Thought he was gonna learn some shit under Morgan, but I guess not.
Yea that took my by surprise. I thought that kid was going to be the last one standing.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 01:04 AM