KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, agreed on that one. Speaking of Arrow, I really hope they're finally moving away from the Olicity crap, but even if they do, I can't help but feel like Flash will just replace it with more Iris stuff. I mean, the last season was basically all about her.

I used to like Felicity, but then she had that whole thing where she dumped Oliver for lying to her about his kid.

On the surface, that is definitely a breakup worthy offense. However, either in the very same episode or in the previous episode she had lectured her mother about Detective Lance keeping secrets for her own good. But Oliver lies about her kid, and suddenly that goes away? Despite the fact he did it because he was told if he didn't he would not be allowed to see his kid.

Also IMO one thing problematic when you have a hero who has an established love interest in the comics it makes it hard to take any relationship in the series that isn't with that character serious. In Smallville it was hard to care about Clark and Lana because you knew they wouldn't end up together, especially once they brought Lois on the show, suddenly every single relationship both characters had that wasn't with each other was doomed to fail. I guess in Arrow it helps that Black Canary died. Though I haven't kept up with the show so she could have come back.

It was present in Flash too. Nobody cares about your relationship with Eddie, Iris. Nobody.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 8th, 2017 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 09:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Felicity thinking she should've had some rights to Oliver's child, a child that wasn't even hers to begin with, is a kind of entitlement that makes one's blood boil.

As for Iris, the problem was she didn't really do that much of anything (that was useful to the heroes/team), and then the show tried to make her look more important by having some prophesied fate in store for her. But yeah, as pointed out, these relationships shouldn't be taken too seriously. Still, would've been nice for Oliver's canon shipping with Canary to have happened, but eh, can't always have nice things.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 09:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Felicity thinking she should've had some rights to Oliver's child, a child that wasn't even hers to begin with, is a kind of entitlement that makes one's blood boil.

As for Iris, the problem was she didn't really do that much of anything (that was useful to the heroes/team), and then the show tried to make her look more important by having some prophesied fate in store for her. But yeah, as pointed out, these relationships shouldn't be taken too seriously. Still, would've been nice for Oliver's canon shipping with Canary to have happened, but eh, can't always have nice things.

Iris seems like her only purpose is to get put in danger and to have sex with Barry Allen.

They try to give her this Lois Lane type reporter thing(I know she is also a reporter in comics) but it just seems like filler.

At this point I can't even figure out why villains try to get their villainy on in Central City. Why? Is there a forcefield preventing them from leaving town? Why choose to get your crime on in the city protected by multiple speedsters? The JLA doesn't exist yet so heroes aren't necessarily patrolling the entire world.

If I got super powers and wanted to be a villain and I lived in Central City I would immediately be on the first bus out of there. I'd be on the other side of the country. I'd be showing up in small towns in Montana robbing banks and stuff. Nobody gives a shit about Montana. What superheroes patrol there? Wyoming is also just ripe for the taking.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 02:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

laughing

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 03:01 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You never ever see in comics some headline like "JLA defeats Legion of Doom in Wyoming!".

Utah is probably wide open too. North and South Dakota? Nobody gives a shit, just stay away from Mt. Rushmore and you'll be fine.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 11:19 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

http://screenrant.com/legends-tomor...ietnam-details/

Grodd Is being a bad ape and apparently is trying to start WWIII in Vietnam

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:14 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, LoT is continuing with the trend of recycling other CW villains? Not that I mind too much. I liked RF, Merlyn and Darhk, and I like Grodd too.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:54 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I suppose it's in keeping with how the show begins, these people have no place in history, (that's why they're there in the first place.) so them running around taking out baddies who are more well known for being PWND by other heroes actually makes a kind of sense. They turn up, save the day, then leave and no-one has any clue who they are.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:16 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the hell happened with Legends?

New writer? The season opener was awful. Half baked social commentary, Men in Black groaners, Rip way ooc, forced drama for drama's sake....

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 03:39 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So apparently Jefferson and Stein have to do a joining session at least once a week. What happens when Stein dies? I do not even mean if he dies in some battle, he is several decades older than Jefferson and will die of old age long before Jefferson does.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 09:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

season premiere was junk...

also Victor Garber might be leaving..

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/11/...er-leaves-show/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
So apparently Jefferson and Stein have to do a joining session at least once a week. What happens when Stein dies? I do not even mean if he dies in some battle, he is several decades older than Jefferson and will die of old age long before Jefferson does.

Then Ronnie fills in, probably.

I forget, what happened to Ronald Raymond?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Then Ronnie fills in, probably.

I forget, what happened to Ronald Raymond?

Lol he died.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 11:00 PM
riv6672

What a fun episode. Hope it keeps this tempo.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

At least it didn't have Supergirls political soapboxing. wink

I get what Legends was going for, with a lighter tone. The Men in Black theme was no accident. Thing is, the tone shift is so radical from not only itself, but the entire Arrowverse..

But some of those jokes.. Like Ray Palmer acting like low man in a startup. Imagine if Steve Jobs joined a startup. Not founded, just hopped on board with sweat equity and everything. That's not funny, it's confusing.

Isn't Ray still rich? And famous enough to get venture capital easy? Being a founder, THAT could be funny.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 12th, 2017 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 03:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah that was puzzling, Ray IS rich. It also makes NO SENSE that the guy he worked for wasn't interested in the whole "shrinking organic tech" Ray pitched to him. Wtf? That would make you way more money than some dating app. How come nobody has tried to use his technology to help end hunger or anything like that? If you can shrink something then you should be able to make something larger as well.

I haven't been keeping up with Arrow, how the hell did Felicity f*ck up Ray's company?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 03:39 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
I haven't been keeping up with Arrow, how the hell did Felicity f*ck up Ray's company?

While a couple of events in the show certainly did not make things easy, it basically came down to neglect. She kept priotising helping Green Arrow fight bad guys, instead of running the company.

Also, looks like Constantine will make an appearance at some point this season as well. From what I can tell, it will be in episode 10, which will apparently also see Darhk returning.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 12th, 2017 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 04:02 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Loved the episode, show seems much more polished to me as well.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 05:01 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hmmm... That is one thing I kind of noticed. Some visual effects, like the Steel transformation, Firestorm chucking fireballs etc. looked better than last season.

Rory's heat gun really has been nerfed to all hell at this point though.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 05:40 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So has Steel himself. Regular people are knocking him around if not hurting him. And he has to be holding back to maybe 2% of his strength if he's barely knocking them out and hitting them what seems to be no harder than Sara.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 05:49 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote