KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

This aint TUMBLER you guys.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 05:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Never heard of it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 07:26 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I call them shot glasses.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 06:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I don't care one way or another if Constantine is bi, I was just curious if that was in the comics.

Now I'm trying to remember if he ever showed any hints of it on his own show.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 04:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Nah, they never addressed it on his own show. But then, NBC wouldn't even let him actually smoke on his own show either lol. I think the closest he ever came was holding a cigarettes and a lighter at one point.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 04:49 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Nah, they never addressed it on his own show. But then, NBC wouldn't even let him actually smoke on his own show either lol. I think the closest he ever came was holding a cigarettes and a lighter at one point.

Lol jesus, the show Mad Men would have driven them f*cking insane.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 11:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

has this show gotten better or worse?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 02:58 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'd say the quality of this show has remained mostly the same, which is kind of an accomplishment in and of itself given the ups and downs the other CWverse shows and their seasons have had IMO. Some of the episodes just seem filler/kinda there for me though, but nothing particularly bad. Still entertaining.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
has this show gotten better or worse?

^^^That would depend on how good or bad you, personally, found it in the first place.

For me, the show has only gotten better. It’s embraced it’s farcical side, and doesnt try and be overly serious, while still dealing w. individual character angst (ala JLI).
The first couple of seasons, which featured a completely bland Rip Hunter, forgettable Hawkman/girl, and misused Vandal Savage, were really the low point(s) of the show IMO.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 12:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Way too liberal with the special effects, too. Mick, Cold, Firestorm, Atom, all doing their thing at once was just a mess on screen, impossible to follow or really enjoy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^now its pretty much the oppisite, w. characters not using their piwers very much, or at all, sometimes for episodes at a time (again, much like the olg JLI books). It doesnt bother me though; the character interraction, humor and offbeat tone of the show are what i tune in for.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show is definitely getting better than it was in season 1-2. Having Constantine in the main cast is nice too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 06:22 PM
Darth Thor

Is like anyone not Bi on this show anymore? They even hinted Zari fancies Anaya. Jeez whatever. As a guy I shouldnt complain, and I guess its only fair to balance bi girls with bi guys.

Still yeah show is okay. But prefer Flash and Arrow so far this year.

Supergirl has good characters, but somehow just ends up being boring every year.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 06:54 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, if I am not mistaken, the main producer/showrunner behind the Arrowverse, Greg Berlanti, is gay, so guess he just decided to throw caution to the wind with the latest seasons of the CW shows. Because we also had at least bi-Nora and bi-William, based on comments by William about his ex-bf in the flash-forward and Nora crushing on that reporter woman on the one episode.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:44 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dont even notice that stuff TBH.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:42 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote:
^^^That would depend on how good or bad you, personally, found it in the first place.

For me, the show has only gotten better. It's embraced it's farcical side, and doesnt try and be overly serious, while still dealing w. individual character angst (ala JLI).
The first couple of seasons, which featured a completely bland Rip Hunter, forgettable Hawkman/girl, and misused Vandal Savage, were really the low point(s) of the show IMO.

Savage was fairly amusing/entertaining for me all the way through, apart from making him more of a jobber in the show compared to how threatening he was with his debut in the Arrow/Flash crossover. Rip Hunter I liked at first, but became clear after awhile that he was just wasted potential. The Hawk couple though, particularly Hawkman/Carter, was a special kind of bad. lol I wish there was a "Carter got owned count" youtube video of every time he embarrassingly got his ass kicked, since no way would I rewatch the first season just to laugh at those moments again.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 05:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, if I am not mistaken, the main producer/showrunner behind the Arrowverse, Greg Berlanti, is gay, so guess he just decided to throw caution to the wind with the latest seasons of the CW shows. Because we also had at least bi-Nora and bi-William, based on comments by William about his ex-bf in the flash-forward and Nora crushing on that reporter woman on the one episode.

I thought Nora and William were just plain gay. But gay usually ends up being bi in these shows. I guess that gives them more options on who the latest love interest is.

Originally posted by riv6672

You didnt notice Constantine was suddenly in a relationship with a dude?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 09:40 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672

The work I tend to do often involves picking out and remembering small details in things I see or hear, so I notice and store these bits of information on reflex a lot of the time.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I thought Nora and William were just plain gay. But gay usually ends up being bi in these shows. I guess that gives them more options on who the latest love interest is.

They could still be gay. But we know that they are at least bi, based on what has been shown and said. And yeah, CW loves their relationship drama, so I guess the writers like keeping their options open. If virtually everyone is potentially attracted to everyone else, it gives them much more material to work with.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 27th, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 09:59 AM
riv6672

quote:
You didnt notice Constantine was suddenly in a relationship with a dude?

I dont notice as in, i dont care.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 10:12 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Work where you have to pick out the smallest details of things seen or heard....

So TVD is a spy.

For our side, I hope.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:30 PM