KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Plagueis vs. Revan

Plagueis vs. Revan
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
es its generally agreed that Plagueis>TPM Sidious. Also Luceno never outright says Plagueis>Sidious only that it'd be a toss up.

Whether we consider Sidious as of TPM or ROTS, it makes no difference. Sidious is officially implied to have further grown in power during DE era.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:52 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by ares834
Uh no... Not true at all.

Why not?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah, I really doubt the author has no say whatsoever on what goes in the back of the book.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Sinious
Why not?

Are you serious?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:18 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Yeah, I really doubt the author has no say whatsoever on what goes in the back of the book.

I think that the blurbs should be taken with some weight. Obviously a contradiction of the novel itself would be enough to call it into question, but the writer's own comments kind of change that. Afterall the fact that Plagueis and Sidious could solo the Jedi Council is ridonculous.

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Are you serious?

I'm afraid I am.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I doubt the author has no say on what's on the back of the book. Luceno's thoughts on Sidious vs. Plagueis confirm this.

Karpyshan said theres no say, and since he is an author who's written 4 SW novels.....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
Karpyshan said theres no say, and since he is an author who's written 4 SW novels.....

When did he say that?

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

When did he say that?

Where else? In one of Ants stalker e-mails.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Sinious
I'm afraid I am.

Then your logic is completely flawed. It's a non-sequitur. The conclusion does not follow the premise.

Just because he wasn't called the most powerful Sith in the novel, does no mean he isn't. That simple really.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:56 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Where else? In one of Ants stalker e-mails.

They aren't really "stalker" emails, but yeah. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Then your logic is completely flawed. It's a non-sequitur. The conclusion does not follow the premise.

Just because he wasn't called the most powerful Sith in the novel, does no mean he isn't. That simple really.

LOL then I guess you misunderstood what I said. I meant that if the blurb was actually true, it would've been backed by the novel itself. This isnt a logic I'd apply in different occasions.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:03 PM
ares834

And that too is a non-sequitur.

Don't get me wrong though, blurbs are obviously hyperbolic/non-canon and I don't believe Plags is the most powerful Sith ever.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:12 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't Bane also get a "most powerful eVAR" blurb?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:14 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Well, that's that then. Still, Plagueis is extremely skilled with a lightsaber and extremely powerful with the Force. Although it's safe to assume Revan is also amazingly skilled with a lightsaber, he doesn't have saberfeats, only all-out. It could go either way, but I'm not willing to lean towards anyone in a Plagueis versus (unless it's obvious) until I read the novel again.

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Apr 14th, 2015 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Didn't Bane also get a "most powerful eVAR" blurb?

"If the dark side's most powerful master can capture the ultimate secret, the Sith will never die—and neither will Darth Bane."

That sounds awfully familiar doesn't it...

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:17 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

And that too is a non-sequitur.

Really? A very important detail that sounds super hyperbolic is being mentioned in the blurbs but never in the novel even though Plagueis is compared to the sith before him in many occasions in the book. I don't think I'm being illogical to expect the novel to confirm what is said in the back of it for me to take it seriously.

quote:
Don't get me wrong though, blurbs are obviously hyperbolic/non-canon and I don't believe Plags is the most powerful Sith ever.

Yeah

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Plagueis is extremely skilled with a lightsaber

lol

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"If the dark side's most powerful master can capture the ultimate secret, the Sith will never die—and neither will Darth Bane."

That sounds awfully familiar doesn't it...

laughing out loud

THE RULE OF BANE IS REAL!

Does Plagueis ever clench his hands??? I rest my case.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:22 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Reading interviews by James Luceno on Plagueis. This is my favorite:

"I was wondering about Yoda's line in ROTJ on not dying--"Strong am I with the force, but not that strong." Was Plagueis' ability to restore life in the novel based on his strength in the force, or his willingness to explore the "unnatural" (or a bit of both)?"

"Sidney, I believe that Plagueis's strength was based on his willingness to go as far as he needed to ..."

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:25 PM