KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That doesn't make sense at all.

It would be the other way around. If they limited captains they you would need to buy loot boxes in order to get gear to progress your character.

But because the captains are so disposable, you get so much loot and currency that you don't even need to look at them. And....you can break down each item for even more currency.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I meant that they're far more of a commodity than actual characters in Shadows so they feel more disposable and less special. Theres so many of them that you quicky see most variations and they stop being special. And you bounce between regions leaving those you just spent time with behind making it hard to care about them. They also die incredibly easily and you outlevel them so fast so you're incentivised to replace them a lot. Also I hear the end of the game in particular is aggressively tedious if you don't use loot boxes.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:49 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dragon Ball fighter is good. A little TOO good, imo.

A game this competent should not be associated with a show as bad as Dragon Ball Super. sad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sorry, I meant that they're far more of a commodity than actual characters in Shadows so they feel more disposable and less special. Theres so many of them that you quicky see most variations and they stop being special. And you bounce between regions leaving those you just spent time with behind making it hard to care about them. They also die incredibly easily and you outlevel them so fast so you're incentivised to replace them a lot. Also I hear the end of the game in particular is aggressively tedious if you don't use loot boxes.

I agree on your point regarding orc captains and how frequent they appear. I will say that even though that's the case, the amount of variety in orcs is incredible. All of them are generally unique.

After you beat the game, yes, the end game is quite tedious. I didn't bother because I just watched the cut scene you get.

In the end, it's a good game with a cool mechanic but I find the loot boxes argument completely irrelevant because there is no reason to ever use them. Do I believe they should be in the game? No but the game is not designed around them like Battlefront 2 was.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 04:59 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gonna take a break from Mass Effect before hitting the third one, so..

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.

On a PS2 slim, none of the emulator nonsense or "classics" downloadable scams. Only way to play retro games, on retro hardware.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, anyone here play Rogue Likes?

Nethack, ADOM, Stone Soup, Slash'Em?

The original Rogue, even?

They're an aquired taste, but pretty fun once you get into them.

Back when I owned an Intellivision, they had this game called Tower of Doom, which was basically a real time Rogue Like lite. As good an any early Nintendo game, like Zelda.

Only reason I bought a cheap PS2 copy of Intellivision Lives years back, and still pull the disk out for.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 09:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Surge on the PS4 about it for me at the moment, Been hooked on Souls like games.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 24th, 2018 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 12:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Think I'm not going to finish Shadow of War. It's just too bloated and the content is too repetitive. Everything is "go hunt this orc, go kill this orc, this orc is trying to kill you. Go talk to Shilob, then kill this orc". There's no sense of exploration or anything because everything you can find gets highlighted for you when you scale the towers, the only thing to find is orcs. Lots and lots of orcs.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 06:28 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

parrying is a total crapshoot. But playing with a controller on computer is so damn finicky....
Git gud friendo

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:43 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Candy Crush Saga and Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 12:46 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Mastering DMC4 all over again. Feels so 2011 lol.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:51 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Git gud friendo

I did git gud. I kicked the games ass. I got a B.

I found it was mainly about not blindly attacking or trying to get off the long combo's and keeping mobile.

I do think that some of the VR missions are total bullshit though. You don't get any of your main game upgrades so you're fighting end game enemies that take ages to kill and can 1-shot you.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 26th, 2018 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:56 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Still playing Witcher 3. Still an amazing game.

And playing co-op RE6 with a pal. That game has many, many, many problems and is ridiculous over the top....however.....they nailed the shooting in it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:57 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I did git gud. I kicked the games ass. I got a B.
Never played it though. How is it?
Originally posted by Smasandian
Still playing Witcher 3. Still an amazing game.

And playing co-op RE6 with a pal. That game has many, many, many problems and is ridiculous over the top....however.....they nailed the shooting in it.
I hear you. RE6 is like Mc donalds food.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:59 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Never played it though. How is it?

It's ok. I found that it was a bit too hard for all the awesome shit to really hit home and wow me. But I definitely don't have twitch reflexes or anything.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 03:04 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

A lot of arcade classics.

Stargate/Defender II has to be the hardest game ever made.

Lost my touch at Donkey Kong.

Mouse Trap is fun.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 03:34 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Gonna take a break from Mass Effect before hitting the third one, so..

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.

On a PS2 slim, none of the emulator nonsense or "classics" downloadable scams. Only way to play retro games, on retro hardware.

> Final Fantasy X.

Not that that's saying much.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:10 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Tomb Kings came out for Total War: Warhammer II so I've been playing that. The mechanics are very unique and the units are very fun. Its also nice to play in the Vortex campaign as a race that doesn't care about the Vortex.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:32 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 10:27 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's neat.

I have been going through the Mortal Empires campaign. I can't wait for the last in the series. Warhammer 2 is probably the best Total War game. All races are unique, the campaign is amazing and it's fun to play with pikes/swords and archery.

Previously, Shogun 2 was my favourite because I like how tight the campaign was and enjoyed using all the old Japenese units like archers, samurais, ninjas and various forms of sword units.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 01:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

God Hand.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 09:20 PM