KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 49 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
So now your counting mobile phone games?

i wouldn't really count those

That's my point, there hasn't been any console love. A game like Arkanoid needs more precision then touch anyways.

quote:
Sarcasm detector going off.
cool

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
I've been replaying Horizon: Zero Dawn. I played it last year not long after it came out and enjoyed it well enough, but seeing as I played it immediately after Breath of the Wild for 100 hours, and that hindered it a bit for me as I had a bit of open world fatigue going on and so just kinda rushed through it.

I'm taking my time with this playthrough and enjoying the game a ton. It's really excellent. The nuances of the combat and the requirement for planning and strategy makes killing these big robot dinosaurs so rewarding and satisfying, and the world is a lot of fun to explore. And of course the graphics are among the best of the generation. This second playthrough has made me appreciate this game a lot more than I initially did. It's excellent.

I felt Horizon: Zero Dawn to be the best game last year. The robot fighting is probably one of most intense experiences I had during the year. I enjoyed how difficult each encounter could be...even against robots you have fought 15 times already. And seeing bits of metal fly off is just extremely satisfying. Such a great game.

But I think what made the game for me was how well the story was immersed into the world. Seeing these huge machines in the distance, rusted out tanks and the city ruins was fantastic. I was really invested into story and how this world came to be but was surprised they didn't squander the opportunity like so many other games.

Looking forward to playing the DLC.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 03:23 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, the atmosphere of the world is very coherent and consistent. Despite the premise seeming pretty fantastical, they do a good job of really committing and as such it becomes believable.

And 100% agree about the combat. That's again, something I didn't really appreciate the first time I played it because I was rushing through it, so I just put the difficulty on easy and ran through without really using most weapons. But on normal difficulty the game does a great job of pushing you to plan your attack, and both having that planning usually work and feel rewarding while also having shit go completely off the rails shortly after as you struggle for survival as a bunch of unexpected combat scenarios occur. I can't count the number of times I've gone in and set a bunch of traps and tripwires prepping for a fight with one big opponent, only to have that opponent fall for the trap, then a bunch of glinthawks come or some other enemies run over and complicate matters.

It's also one of the few games where I bothered to complete all the collectibles. They were pretty fun to get in this game as they required a bit of effort and light environmental puzzles.

Only real complaint is that fighting humans isn't nearly as fun as fighting the robots.

Also played What Remains of Edith Finch last night. Really enjoyed it. Very haunting and beautiful story.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:01 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Still playing Devil May Cry 4 trying to beat all modes with Nero/Dante/Vergil.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:26 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Just about to finish up my Tomb Kings campaign and then I think I'll try out Sexy Brutale or Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:32 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, the atmosphere of the world is very coherent and consistent. Despite the premise seeming pretty fantastical, they do a good job of really committing and as such it becomes believable.

And 100% agree about the combat. That's again, something I didn't really appreciate the first time I played it because I was rushing through it, so I just put the difficulty on easy and ran through without really using most weapons. But on normal difficulty the game does a great job of pushing you to plan your attack, and both having that planning usually work and feel rewarding while also having shit go completely off the rails shortly after as you struggle for survival as a bunch of unexpected combat scenarios occur. I can't count the number of times I've gone in and set a bunch of traps and tripwires prepping for a fight with one big opponent, only to have that opponent fall for the trap, then a bunch of glinthawks come or some other enemies run over and complicate matters.

It's also one of the few games where I bothered to complete all the collectibles. They were pretty fun to get in this game as they required a bit of effort and light environmental puzzles.

Only real complaint is that fighting humans isn't nearly as fun as fighting the robots.

Also played What Remains of Edith Finch last night. Really enjoyed it. Very haunting and beautiful story.

From videos, it seems to fall into the standard trap: The first few areas look AWESOME.

As you progress, they start looking more mundane.

Hard to criticise what happens in most games. That's what made Half Life 2 so special: It actually kept pushing the envelope for the entire game. (To a lesser extent, so did Enslaved. From a lush enviro, to Wookie like tree cities, to a giant mech.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 09:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I don't agree with that. I think all the areas look about on par with eachother.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep!

And they do a good job create varied terrain. Not all areas are ruins and tundra. Some are deserts, swamps, woodlands and new civilization (not sure how to call the areas that are built by the survivors).

The biggest thing is how different a lot of the robots are. For that many (15-20ish), they are generally unique and terrifying in different ways.

Let's not talk about Stormbirds.....

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starting up ME3.

That opening is incredible.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 01:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Recently played RiME & Finished it, As its currently free on the PSN for +plus memebers

and when i'm on the PC playing Postal 2 & Voodoo Vince.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:34 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Monster Hunter World. Really loving it atm.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:55 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Saints Row 2 PC.

Optimization is awful.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:07 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Saints Row 2 PC.

Optimization is awful.

Yep, I got one that a while back when it was free and yeah runs like shit better off playing it on the console.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 11:25 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Uncharted Collection. I'm glad you can finally change skins in 3. 100/10

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 12:18 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's do a mobile game, if anybody plays those.

I hate most endless runners, but keep coming back to this:

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 12:30 AM
BackFire

I just finished playing Hellblase: Sanua's Sacrifice.

Really good stuff. The use of sound was extremely impressive and they did an amazing job of putting you in the shoes of someone with extreme mental illness. Some of the puzzles were blah and the combat isn't great, but man the atmosphere and feel of the whole game is really on another level.

Gonna start AC Origins soon. Also want to catch up with a lot of the Telltale games I've missed. Gonna do Walking Dead season 3, Tales of Borderlands and the first season of Batman.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:09 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
I felt Horizon: Zero Dawn to be the best game last year. The robot fighting is probably one of most intense experiences I had during the year. I enjoyed how difficult each encounter could be...even against robots you have fought 15 times already. And seeing bits of metal fly off is just extremely satisfying. Such a great game.

But I think what made the game for me was how well the story was immersed into the world. Seeing these huge machines in the distance, rusted out tanks and the city ruins was fantastic. I was really invested into story and how this world came to be but was surprised they didn't squander the opportunity like so many other games.

Looking forward to playing the DLC.

There's never been another game for me that made me want to read, watch or play more about the historical events. The whole horde breaking through on the various fronts was portrayed brilliantly through the playbacks you find with the focus but definitely made me want more on it.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wish I could be playing Afterburner Climax.

Stupid Sega, not even giving a thought to licensing issues in a mere four years..

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 02:19 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I went through Sexy Brutale pretty quickly. Good game. I wish it were a bit more complex though.

I'm going through Rise of the Tomb Raider now. Its so damn pretty and the gameplay from the first game is still totally my jam.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:36 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Both the new Tomb Raider games have been really good.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 09:45 PM