KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 377 378 [379] 380 381 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I’m expecting Goku to win regardless, but then what? He gets drained after the fight and we wait however many more episodes till he recovers again for the next real fight? This is what they’ll redundantly rinse and repeat all the way till March?

Yeah, I miss Bruce Faulconer stuff.

This.
TOP is being dragged out for way too long and we still havent seen shit from Vegeta or Golden Frieza...this whole boredom is all about Goku again.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 08:26 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
Or he was holding back like it was told to us in DBS. The ONLY time I've seen Goku serious in this tournament was against Jiren. He was holding back.
I get what you're saying, carv, but I honestly don't think it's a case of Goku consciously holding back -- or at least, I don't think that's the intent. I think DBS is just THAT inconsistent at times.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I miss Bruce Faulconer stuff.
thumb up

Faulconer's scores alone honestly had the ability to turn a mediocre scene into a great scene... A great scene into a fantastic scene. The likeability of DBS would increase tremendously with his scores alone, imo(I friggin LOATHE the Jap themes. sick)

As for Goku: I expect him to beat Kefla(hopefully he stomps the living shit out of her), and be *completely* burnt out afterward -- to the point where he cannot participate in the Tourney any longer. Then when shit is looking REALLY bad for U7, he will inextricably be brought back at full power via *some* sort of unlikely means, just in time for a rematch with Jiren(cuz...you know...it can't be anyone else but Goku, lol.)

Don't care a whole lot either way, as the ToP has been extremely boring thus far, imo. I just hope they don't drag-out the remaining 19mins of the Tourney with a shitload of filler and whatnot... But that's probably asking WAY too much.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 12th, 2017 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 08:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, thoughts on the latest.

It's pretty obvious UI isn't something Goku can use at will. It's basically his "I win" button, so it seems tied in to a survival instinct like a Genkai Dama or finishing move at the edges of his stamina.

It's also obvious if Goku was at full strenght, he would have beaten Kefla. And easily at that.

All things considered, the fight actually serves a narrative purpose instead of being pointless padding. And it was also pretty fun to watch.

Maybe it's the beer talking, but looking forward to the next show.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 09:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

nt

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 12th, 2017 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 09:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by cdtm

It's pretty obvious UI isn't something Goku can use at will. It's basically his "I win" button, so it seems tied in to a survival instinct like a Genkai Dama or finishing move at the edges of his stamina.

It's also obvious if Goku was at full strenght, he would have beaten Kefla. And easily at that.

All things considered, the fight actually serves a narrative purpose instead of being pointless padding. And it was also pretty fun to watch.

Stop drinking the beer. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 02:53 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Wow cdtm. I never thought I would see a post like this from you. "Pretty fun to watch" and "Looking forward to the next show"??????

Also I love how Beerus gets super nervous every time he sees UI Goku.

One more thing. Does this fight show that SSB is around x50 SSG? If you go by the SSJ power up from Kefla.

Last edited by bbrem123 on Nov 13th, 2017 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 02:53 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It's a pretty big difference if you look at how Red is compared to Blue. Example, Jiren blocked all of Red Goku attacks with a finger. Super Saiyan Blue Goku was actually able to punch Jiren through a small mountain size boulder. The difference in power is humongous.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 03:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

This fight definitely give a decent gauge. I mean the MLSSJ form must be at least x50 of base. (since normal SSJ is x50).

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 04:11 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I’m surprised cdtm liked the episode. Personally, I thought it was awful. It’s pretty much the opposite of last week’s episode in that last week the fight was awesome but the power levels were nonsense whereas this week the power levels made more sense but the fight was absolute shit. The episode was just bad. The fight was a bore, way too much time was spent on the “peanut gallery” saying incredibly obvious things or trying to hype the fight, and the fight itself was interrupted way too often by other cuts. The only good part of the episode was the end when Goku went UI.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 04:17 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

The other universe's reasoning for not resorting to potara fusion was garbage and an incredibly lazy justification as to why nobody else would be taking advantage of such a cost-free power boost.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 05:16 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

I know....Universe 4 didnt need it? What does that Quitela have up his sleeve that is only Kefla's power level?

Might be some sort of special ability and not so much power.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:31 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

That was unnatural.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:49 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ares834, the difference between this fight and the one you mentioned, is this one had a narrative purpose behind it outside of "Needs padding".

And a real struggle is also a first for a fusion character. They're usually unstoppable until the fusion runs out, and never display any emotioms besides arrogance.

But here, we're got a fused beast who was excied about a good fight, but also unsure they can win. It's a novelty, seeing that.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 10:20 PM
ares834

Did it? I really don't see how other than making Goku go UI. Truthfully, everything will seem like "needless padding" until we get to Jiren vs Goku again.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 10:22 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Random question, but has the possibility of a 'double fusion' ever been confirmed or denied? For example, could Vegito merge with Kefla (be it with a fusion dance or another Potara)..?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not sure how two potara fusions would work, since both Vegitto and Kefla are already wearing potara on both ears.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:17 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

They can take them off and the fusion would still be there.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:38 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed. thumb up

Once fused, the earrings do not need to be in place for the fusion/amalgam to stick -- we saw this when KibitoKai took them off:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Kaioshin...who is also a Potara fusion...took his off as well:
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2017 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:48 AM
ares834

In DBZ Kai they actually mention that you can only fuse once through potara. Though I'm unsure if this is mentioned in the manga as well.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:55 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Definitely not mentioned in the manga. And since I haven't seen that stip mentioned in DBS [yet], it got me wondering...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:03 AM