KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 431 432 [433] 434 435 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bbrem123

I mean if it were "dead" they would not be continuing the manga and making a movie lol

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:08 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Manga is going to pass the anime.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:21 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Manga is going to pass the anime.
Which is how it should be.

Hopefully they noticed the Manga was more consist/better and want to use that as the canon source to work off of.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 05:32 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The tingly SSJ sensation in my back tells me you’re right, hopefully. No more Toei making shit up on the fly, even if there have been some cool things that came of it.

Will have to see I guess if the movie with Yamoshi is something they’re just giving us in between while they put the show on hold for awhile or if it’s a parting gift... And yeah, ending it off with Jiren instead of an actual villain is indeed disappointing. Going forward, perhaps there’ll be another small time skip in order to show Pan and some characters a little older again?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 07:36 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I don't think everyone heard but DBS is ending after the tournament of power.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 07:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 07:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So that f*cking mutant is who you get your DB info from? Christ almighty.

Anyway, we've been talking about that for a while now, carv. No official source(s) have yet confirmed that DBS is permanently ending, but that is the conclusion most have reached nonetheless.

*And there's no official word on the manga's future either, btw... Just a ton of speculation.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 19th, 2018 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 08:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

At least ending with the ToP would explain why the GoDs/Beerus have kinda been shit on and lost their majesticness as of late.

And meh. ForneverWorld sometimes has good things to say or points to make but I don't usually follow him.

edit: Much better input.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 19th, 2018 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 08:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
So that f*cking mutant is who you get your DB info from? Christ almighty.

Anyway, we've been talking about that for a while now, carv. No official source(s) have yet confirmed that DBS is permanently ending, but that is the conclusion most have reached nonetheless.

*And there's no official word on the manga's future either, btw... Just a ton of speculation.

Forneverworld

Forn.

That's a pun an 8 year old would make.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 09:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

If it's ending, then yeah, Goku is (in all likelihood) definitely the strongest by the end of this arc. Hell, they may even put him on Jiren on the Great Priest' level.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:41 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I feel like there's still so much they can explore though. God damnit.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:49 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by cdtm
Forneverworld

Forn.

That's a pun an 8 year old would make.

It comes from the ending of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 12:28 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

During the ToP aftermath, there should be another baseball episode with U7 and the rest of the U6 team and/or U11.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 01:45 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AuraAngel
It comes from the ending of Yu Yu Hakusho.

That doesn't make it better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 03:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I hope the series(both anime and manga) permanently ends with the conclusion of the Universe Survival arc, tbh. Toriyama has already gone MUCH further with power-levels and whatnot than he ever should have, imo. Don't get me wrong, I am very much a fan of the expanded cosmology/multiverse and most of the new characters gleaned since its reveal. However, I'd rather have Tori stop while he's still [barely] ahead, instead of pushing things *too* far into the realm of flagrant hyper-stupidity -- that would ruin everything he's worked so hard to build these past few years... For example, I would never want to see Goku(and co.) start surpassing the Angels, or see new threats randomly start popping up that are vastly beyond the Hakaishin or whathaveyou(both of which would inevitably happen if the series drags on much longer.) After the ToP concludes, Goku will likely be the most powerful mortal in the multiverse -- even beyond all the Hakaishin. End it there.

Aside from that, it would still be rather easy for Toriyama to tie the ending of DBS into the original EoZ chapters at this point. Aside from the fact that I personally enjoy tidy and cohesive endings, I just think that would be an awesome note to end on: DBS concludes exactly where DBZ did. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 20th, 2018 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 03:25 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Agreed. I think they are at a power level that should imo be their stopping point. I always wanted them to shed a little light on Goku and friends potential but I NEVER and still don't ever want to see them either being on or surpassing Beerus level. Always wanted him to be some steps above them. Whis is out of the question. They have no rights approaching his power level imo. If the show continues, it is a guarantee that they will pass Beerus and possibly approaching Whis level. Two characters that will eventually become irrelevant. This has happened before in Z and I can see it happening again. If the TOP is the ending of the show, I wouldn't mind. I've gotten all of the fts I need.

smile

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 04:21 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wow Carv, I'm... surprisingly proud of you.

No, seriously.

Originally posted by Galan007
I hope the series(both anime and manga) permanently ends with the conclusion of the Universe Survival arc, tbh. Toriyama has already gone MUCH further with power-levels and whatnot than he ever should have, imo. Don't get me wrong, I am very much a fan of the expanded cosmology/multiverse and most of the new characters gleaned since its reveal. However, I'd rather have Tori stop while he's still [barely] ahead, instead of pushing things *too* far into the realm of flagrant hyper-stupidity -- that would ruin everything he's worked so hard to build these past few years... For example, I would never want to see Goku(and co.) start surpassing the Angels, or see new threats randomly start popping up that are vastly beyond the Hakaishin or whathaveyou(both of which would inevitably happen if the series drags on much longer.) After the ToP concludes, Goku will likely be the most powerful mortal in the multiverse -- even beyond all the Hakaishin. End it there.

Aside from that, it would still be rather easy for Toriyama to tie the ending of DBS into the original EoZ chapters at this point. Aside from the fact that I personally enjoy tidy and cohesive endings, I just think that would be an awesome note to end on: DBS concludes exactly where DBZ did. thumb up

How much of Super (manga and anime) did Toriyama really do? The current era of Dragon Ball seems more about the new blood behind it than it does Tori himself honestly. I guess whether I think the series should end indefinitely or continue on at some point depends whether like Toyotaro has a clear vision for the future of DB, but if either he or Toriyama intended for it to end with the ToP, then I can respect that.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 04:38 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
Agreed. I think they are at a power level that should imo be their stopping point. I always wanted them to shed a little light on Goku and friends potential but I NEVER and still don't ever want to see them either being on or surpassing Beerus level. Always wanted him to be some steps above them. Whis is out of the question. They have no rights approaching his power level imo. If the show continues, it is a guarantee that they will pass Beerus and possibly approaching Whis level. Two characters that will eventually become irrelevant. This has happened before in Z and I can see it happening again. If the TOP is the ending of the show, I wouldn't mind. I've gotten all of the fts I need.

smile
Eh, wow... This might be your best post ever. thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
How much of Super (manga and anime) did Toriyama really do?
Where the anime is concerned, he gave Toei a rough guideline to work with. That is to say: the overall story has gone in the general direction he pointed it toward... And it really shouldn't go much further, imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 20th, 2018 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 04:53 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, fair point. I understood he left like cliffnotes for the most basic concepts of the arcs for Toei and Toyotaro to work with while they did the rest, but I guess he was still a bit more involved than I initially thought.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 05:03 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, the manga(which Toriyama has a lot more direct involvement in) gives us a truer look at his actual vision -- Toei does a LOOOOT more embellishing than Toriyama himself ever would. That's why we have yet to see Goku use SSB+KK in the manga, for example, yet he's used it ad nauseam in the anime.

...Now that I think about it, the same can be said about God forms in general. In the anime, Goku and Vegeta use their God forms in almost every battle/sparring match they partake in -- sometimes just for the lulz. In the manga, however, they use those forms MUCH more sparingly(only when they really *need* to), which I far prefer. The overuse of God-level power/transformations has cheapened it/them tremendously, imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 20th, 2018 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 05:38 AM