KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BeyonderGod

Let da fanboys hype.....

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:45 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah those ****ing fans. Trying to enjoy something. Pisses me off.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:49 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Anyway, first episode was really promising.

Hopefully they don't continue to shit on Gohan like the last two movies did.

If the intro's any indication he seems to at least have his Ultimate state. For the early parts anyway.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 12:37 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
"Simply movement" is right, since occam's razor dictates

Occam's razor is almost never correct. no expression

http://scienceblogs.com/developingi...-theory-is-alm/

..we go with the simplest conclusion, or rather the conclusion that relies upon the fewest assumptions. thumb up

Probably a bad idea, actually. Since this is "physics", where Occam's Razor, as far as I can tell, is literally never correct, we should discard the simplest answer. thumb up

We could assume that Beerus had the ability to teleport away, and we could assume that he used this assumed ability, but I'd rather not.

So we are going to have to conclude that Beerus can generate a greater than infinite amount of energy required to travel faster than light, right? Let's not forget the massive list of reasons and assumptions that go with that. Yes, that makes perfect sense and Occam's Razor wins out, again. lol

Originally posted by Galan007
It was also made clear during RoF that neither Beerus or Whis can teleport:

"Whis and Beerus both wince at Bulma's loud voice, and everyone on Earth turns to see who she's yelling at. "That evil dirt-bag Freeza has come back!" Goku and Vegeta are shocked to hear of Freeza's return, but Bulma yells at them to get back to Earth right away. Whis says that it would take 35 minutes to get them there, but Bulma interrupts to tell Goku to just teleport there already!"

-Source

NemeBro, I concede the argument.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 04:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Occam's razor is almost never correct. no expression

http://scienceblogs.com/developingi...-theory-is-alm/

Probably a bad idea, actually. Since this is "physics", where Occam's Razor, as far as I can tell, is literally never correct, we should discard the simplest answer. thumb up

So we are going to have to conclude that Beerus can generate a greater than infinite amount of energy required to travel faster than light, right? Let's not forget the massive list of reasons and assumptions that go with that. Yes, that makes perfect sense and Occam's Razor wins out, again. lol

NemeBro, I concede the argument.

They can't tp, but they "can" manipulate time.

So far, they only set back the clock by three minutes, but that's enough to call into question whether they dialed another power (Time freeze, or time folding forward ala Zoom II..?)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Just watched the show and Beerus wasn't even close to Whis when they got off of the planet. It's an obvious speed ft and why is teleportation even being mentioned here? Does anyone have scans of either Beerus or Whis using such a technique? If not then the proof is on you.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
They can't tp, but they "can" manipulate time.

So far, they only set back the clock by three minutes, but that's enough to call into question whether they dialed another power (Time freeze, or time folding forward ala Zoom II..?)

We see them appear in space as the planet blew up. If they used time freeze, the planet still would've been there since they did reverse time and Beerus would've still been on the planet. Reversing means go back, not move forward.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 08:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Just realized BG buried the best speed showing in the manga. The bastard.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 08:04 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Episode 3 Synopsis:
quote:
Kaio and Co. Tremble at Beerus' Awakening!
The Elder Kaioshin has sensed that God of Destruction Beerus has awakened after 39 years of slumber. He fears that it will be bad news if Goku learns of this and challenges him to a fight. He contacts the Northern Kaio, and tells him to keep Beerus' existence a secret, but...?!

Hurry to Bulma's Birthday Party!
Kuririn and family head by car to Bulma's birthday party on a luxurious passenger ship! But they get stuck in a traffic jam...?!

-Source

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 10:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So BoG is actually going to take place earlier in the timeline then. Hmmm. I wonder if they will still need 6 Saiyans. If they do, I guess they are likely retconning EoZ as well.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 04:27 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Here's the Synopsis for Episode 2(which airs on 07/12/15):
quote:
The Prince of the Saiyans: Vegeta's Family Time!
Vegeta goes out with Bulma and Trunks to a resort area! Bulma and Trunks are very happy with this unexpected family time together! But even as he's doing this, Vegeta is bothered that Goku is off training?!

Training on Planet Kaio!
Training under the 10 times gravity on Planet Kaio is perfect! In spite of the nuisance to Kaio, Goku starts his training, but what is his surprising training method?!

-Source

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 06:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So while Whis does apparently have a teleportation ability as shown in Episode 2, it's clear it wasn't used to get him and Beerus off the planet(s) before they blew up. So those are just sheer speed feats.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 04:43 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Whis doesn't use teleportation/dematerialization. The ability he displayed in this episode is the same ability he's displayed in the films--it's some sort of amped flight speed.

Anyway, Beerus released another planet-busting attack in this episode, and was already chilling in space with Whis when the planet actually exploded(again):
(please log in to view the image)

But in all fairness, this detonation was more time-released than the last one. There were about 30 seconds between the energy ball hitting the ground, and Beerus/Whis being shown in space(enough time for the Kaioshin to have a brief convo about Beerus' return.)

Also, base Vegeta was shown training in 150G. Granted the training seemed pretty intense, but he was struggling tremendously in that amount of gravity... I just figured it would take a lot more than that to tax him at this point in the series. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 12th, 2015 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 06:44 PM
ares834

There is an even better FTL feat. It took Beerus, at most, 1:30 for him to fly from his temple to that planet. It's even more impressive since it took Whiss roughly 1 minute to do the same.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 09:37 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 09:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Also, I'm really liking Beerus as a character. Personality-wise he's so much different than anyone we've seen before--an awesome breath of fresh air. thumb up

The series as a whole is starting out strong, imo. It's nice to see the Z Fighters functioning in normal, day to day life for a change. Adds some much-needed depth to their characters. thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:24 PM
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by ares834
There is an even better FTL feat. It took Beerus, at most, 1:30 for him to fly from his temple to that planet. It's even more impressive since it took Whiss roughly 1 minute to do the same.

Exactly.

Episode 2 was fantastic, and now Gregory is officially canon. Also:

Episode 3 spoilers

See base Goku lifting some thousands tons of iron at 10G.
cool

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:24 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I really hope we are given the means to accurately quantify that feat, because I have a feeling it will blow that ridiculous 40 ton showing from the Buu saga completely out of the water. thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:28 PM
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Galan007

I really hope we are given the means to accurately quantify that feat, because I have a feeling it will blow that ridiculous 40 ton showing from the Buu saga completely out of the water. thumb up

Yup.
Well, just for fun, by a quick calc, given the height of Goku it is possible to roughly estimate the diameter of the cylinders-pack and its visible height in that picture; also, assuming the material is steel (density of about 7500 kg/m^3), it is possible to roughly calculate that Goku is lifting more than 8 thousand tons.

Last edited by Sj_Sharp on Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:38 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I'm curious where you guys are watching these.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:44 PM