KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And if Bill's could teleport like the Kaio shins or Goku, why did he travel in a ship?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

We all know that the best speed feat in the manga belongs to Kid Goku anyway. thumb up

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:31 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SSJ Gotenks' world-circling feat would be up there, too.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

(please log in to view the image)

Is it as fast as this?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:57 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Why can't it just be a teleportation technique? Seems that is the more likely explanation?
Have we seen Beerus use a teleportation technique like the Instant Transmission?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 07:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Whis usually does the high-speed/long-distance flying for the both of them. Perhaps he had a hand in that feat..?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 07:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro
Have we seen Beerus use a teleportation technique like the Instant Transmission?

Notice that there are two positions with both of them being positive assertions:

1. It was teleportation.
2. It was faster than light movement.

Which position is more logically sound:

1. Defying the speed of light is done by teleportation in the series. Therefore, it was teleportation until proven to be FTL movement.
2. It was a faster than light speed feat and it was simply movement.

There's an alternative position to yours: it's teleportation unless you can provide something that directly states it was purely speed.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 07:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The Dragonballs are FTL. Why not Beerus?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 08:14 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
Notice that there are two positions with both of them being positive assertions:

1. It was teleportation.
2. It was faster than light movement.

Which position is more logically sound:

1. Defying the speed of light is done by teleportation in the series. Therefore, it was teleportation until proven to be FTL movement.
2. It was a faster than light speed feat and it was simply movement.

There's an alternative position to yours: it's teleportation unless you can provide something that directly states it was purely speed.
"Simply movement" is right, since occam's razor dictates we go with the simplest conclusion, or rather the conclusion that relies upon the fewest assumptions. thumb up

We could assume that Beerus had the ability to teleport away, and we could assume that he used this assumed ability, but I'd rather not.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 08:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Beerus doesn't know how to teleport, it was made clear in BoG during the fight with Goku.
The same goes for Whis.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 09:36 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
Beerus doesn't know how to teleport, it was made clear in BoG during the fight with Goku.
Was it? When was that?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 09:38 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It was also made clear during RoF that neither Beerus or Whis can teleport:

"Whis and Beerus both wince at Bulma's loud voice, and everyone on Earth turns to see who she's yelling at. "That evil dirt-bag Freeza has come back!" Goku and Vegeta are shocked to hear of Freeza's return, but Bulma yells at them to get back to Earth right away. Whis says that it would take 35 minutes to get them there, but Bulma interrupts to tell Goku to just teleport there already!"

-Source

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 09:43 PM
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Galan007
Whis usually does the high-speed/long-distance flying for the both of them. Perhaps he had a hand in that feat..?

I personally don't think it was necessary this time: Whis uses it to travel the universe in a matter of minutes trillion of times faster than light, while, moving away from that planet, in comparison, it covers a distance completely inconsequential which doesn't require such an amount of speed.
Also, when Whis uses his Ryanair technique he is surrounded by that glowing rainbow-like aura which is not visible this time.
Just my two cents.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Was it? When was that?

If I recall correctly, the argument came out when Godku used IT against him.

However, here's a GIF of the feat:

Originally posted by Galan007
It was also made clear during RoF that neither Beerus or Whis can teleport:

"Whis and Beerus both wince at Bulma's loud voice, and everyone on Earth turns to see who she's yelling at. "That evil dirt-bag Freeza has come back!" Goku and Vegeta are shocked to hear of Freeza's return, but Bulma yells at them to get back to Earth right away. Whis says that it would take 35 minutes to get them there, but Bulma interrupts to tell Goku to just teleport there already!"

-Source

Exactly, also.

Last edited by Sj_Sharp on Jul 6th, 2015 at 09:57 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 09:54 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

I hope AT keeps adding feats: everyone with a brain knows that the implied power, strength and speed of DB characters beyond Namek saga are huge and they keep exponentially growing during the series, but it's still good to have some practical feats to show the downplayers. cool

Last edited by Sj_Sharp on Jul 6th, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 10:08 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The best speed feat is Goku catching the Dragonball. Those buggers are fast.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 10:26 PM
vansonbee
Isee

For this series, do I've to watch the Frieza movie? I haven't yet. sad

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:05 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The show isn't remotely close to the events of RoF yet. As long as you've seen BoG, you're good for now.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:07 AM
ares834

Anyway, first episode was really promising.

Hopefully they don't continue to shit on Gohan like the last two movies did.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 02:02 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, if the first ep. is any indication, this could be a great series. thumb up

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 02:23 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The Dragonballs are faster than Beerus. >_>

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 02:42 AM