KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » wayward pines

wayward pines
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

wayward pines

A Secret Service agent goes to Wayward Pines, Idaho, in search of two federal agents who have gone missing in the bucolic town. He soon learns that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

It got me intrigued and interested after seeing the first ep. It will prob get cancelled though because it's fox.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 08:29 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Twin Peaks for a new generation. Oh..oh it that Juliette Lewis? Yeah..kind of ew.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 08:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Last ep was interesting...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lewis dies

Old Post May 25th, 2015 09:06 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been good so far. The opening scene is a direct homage to Lost. Some great acting from Matt Dillon, Terrance Howard and Melissa Leo. Not so much from Juliette Lewis. Cinematography is second to none. Adds to the mystery of the whole thing. It's been billed as an event series so should finish at 10 episodes. Hopefully it does cos Under the Dome was supposed to be a single season and was completely ruined by extending it purely because it got decent ratings.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 25th, 2015 11:56 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

First two were great.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 26th, 2015 03:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: now there are monsters/aliens? wtf.... I didn't expect this...

Old Post May 29th, 2015 05:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, I was expecting this to be some government or powerful group doing some sort of experiment, though the time-difference angle didn't gel.

Now it does seem to be[SPOILER - highlight to read]: extraterrestrial in some fashion.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 06:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Yeah, I thought that as well.... I don't know if I like new plot twist or not.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on May 29th, 2015 at 06:24 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2015 06:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is this a show i should watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 29th, 2015 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So far, it is.

Old Post May 29th, 2015 06:58 PM
Squirrel Fart

I agree thumb up

Old Post May 29th, 2015 07:02 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
So far, it is.

Originally posted by The Nuul
I agree thumb up

thanks i'll give it a look

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 29th, 2015 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Oh wtf.... this ****ing show. It's hurting my head.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dillon becomes the cop now but quits, and wtf was that thing at the end?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 12:38 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

We find out a lot next week. That's why the episode is called The Truth.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 11:10 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've got a feeling this is not gonna go down the aliens route.

If I was to guess I'd say it's an almost Matrix style plot. The 'real' world of their past is some kind of suspended animation shown as humanity was in the past as humanity doesn't have the space or resources to actually house a large population and that Wayward Pines is actually earth in the future which is overrun by deformed and possibly virus affected humans that make large parts of the planet uninhabitable and that there are numerous outposts like Wayward Pines where people are chosen to start rebuilding humanity but under heavy handed control.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 12:39 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I was mostly right.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 10:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden101
I've got a feeling this is not gonna go down the aliens route.

If I was to guess I'd say it's an almost Matrix style plot. The 'real' world of their past is some kind of suspended animation shown as humanity was in the past as humanity doesn't have the space or resources to actually house a large population and that Wayward Pines is actually earth in the future which is overrun by deformed and possibly virus affected humans that make large parts of the planet uninhabitable and that there are numerous outposts like Wayward Pines where people are chosen to start rebuilding humanity but under heavy handed control.

Somewhat reminds me of the plot to 'Millennium' (1989), where people from the future kidnap doomed humans (about to die in plane crashes) from the past and take them to the future to repopulate the Earth as the humans in the future are all sterile. edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097883/

I'll see later today how correct or incorrect you were.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 11th, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 11:03 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well not all of what I put was spot on but if 'the truth' is actually true then it is the future and the creatures are deformed humans any Wayward Pines is a remnant of humanity. It may yet turn out to be a lie but there is a new guy who says he woke up after yet another car accident and saw lots of 'pods' and they were 'full' presumably of people.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 11:21 PM
Squirrel Fart

Great ep, it came together nicely.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 02:08 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

So is the doctor able to travel back to 2014(15?) to select people? Seems like he does and that people from our time are placed in stasis pods and then awakened in the future.

But Dillion's wife's car was at Wayward pines, so that doesnt fit well. The old Sheriff also met her in our time. More holes.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 04:28 PM