KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been watching it on Maximilian_DOOD's Twitch stream, They tried out the Classic mode after going through it once or twice on Normal....it's basically on autopilot.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 10:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I only played normal myself, but yeah, from what i've seen in videos it looks very simple.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 11:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The demo was a lot of fun. It was actually surprisingly difficult. Hell, I almost died once.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 05:39 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I can see people playing the demo alot, To get better at the mechanic's

apparently there's another demo for the game (Well there's video's of it online), Which might appear on the PSN later on. Involving the boss bottle Aps the pet owned by Don Corneo.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 3rd, 2020 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 05:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
The demo was a lot of fun. It was actually surprisingly difficult. Hell, I almost died once.

Almost. laughing out loud

The original ff was brutally hard, I died 100 times in the first encounter.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 02:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I've never played the original FF, but that sounds like absolute shit.

The original FF7, on the other hand, was rather easy.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 04:37 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
I've never played the original FF, but that sounds like absolute shit.

The original FF7, on the other hand, was rather easy.

Oh yeah, you had to save scum every few steps to get anywhere in the overworld. Dungeons were essentially a game of how long your magic potions last so you can alpha nuke everything, and if the rng gives them initiative it can wipe out your party in one pass.

Survive the brutal mid game and everything becomes a cake walk, because of how easy it is to abuse the end game area to overlevel. Chaos was a joke for me, the Forrest Imps posed more of a threat early game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 04:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I haven't seen the actual pictures/videos, but a few people are claiming that Square has again changed Tifa. This time to give her a bit more in the curvature department.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 11:22 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

For those who played the demo, hows the turn based mode? This is make or break for me.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 06:25 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
For those who played the demo, hows the turn based mode? This is make or break for me.

The game largely plays itself. I don't know why anyone would choose it over normal mode, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 08:03 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
The game largely plays itself. I don't know why anyone would choose it over normal mode, though.
That's disappointing. I'm not a fan of the action angle in FF15 so I was kind of leaning on this having a good turn based mode. Looks like I'll be skipping this then.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 04:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's disappointing. I'm not a fan of the action angle in FF15 so I was kind of leaning on this having a good turn based mode. Looks like I'll be skipping this then.

Having played 15, I can tell you this isn't the same. It's actually a fair bit better.

Classic mode gives you as much control of combat as you had in the original, so that still might be up your alley.

At least try the demo, see what you think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 04:36 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
Having played 15, I can tell you this isn't the same. It's actually a fair bit better.

Classic mode gives you as much control of combat as you had in the original, so that still might be up your alley.

At least try the demo, see what you think.
Yeah, I'm definitely planning on trying the demo. I just wont have a chance for a solid week and a half. We'll see though

PWNT

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 09:58 PM
ares834

The combat is quite different. I thought FF15 was absolute shit but I enjoyed the little I played in this demo. We'll see if it can hold up for an entire game though.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 06:15 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Don't know why anyone would want to play the classic mode, But i suppose there are some purists out there.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 06:41 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So, possible spoilers, but as regards Red XIII and who will and won't be playable, the devs have said that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Red won't be playable in this episode. He will fight alongside you, but because he gets introduced so late, it's better to wait until the next game before he becomes fully playable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:30 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well he was sorta playable on the first disc when you rescue him from Hojo's experiment's.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah. I imagine it's because [SPOILER - highlight to read]: this game literally stops right at the end of Midgar, and there really isn't a whole lot of time to get used to him before you leave the Shinra building.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 02:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've seen a couple of people mention that Tifa has been changed again; this time to give her a more "ample" chest like she had in the original. I haven't seen the pics, so I can't judge.

I just can't wait to see people bitching when the second game comes out and you go to Costa Del Sol.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2020 08:00 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New screens and info (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY):

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB...u0NClIICtFUiXvE

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 10:34 PM