KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
I hope Square's conference is all about Hitman and its several DLC waves

You say that, but:

1. I ****ing love Hitman.
2. Hitman isn't published by Squeenix anymore iirc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 11:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wow...gonna be on 2 blu-ray discs for part 1.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 01:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought he said a total of two bluray discs, which is no small feat. Either way, it promises to be massive... If it's 100gb per episode, that's impressive.

**** though, I know that my mind says not to preorder. Its not sensible. There's no rarity anymore... But ****in' hell, summons as preorder dlc?

That combart system looks very interesting too. It's not at all what I expected.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jun 11th, 2019 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 01:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

nerfed Tifa = no buy

In all seriousness, looks pretty cool. Not at all a fan of dividing the game up. Sure, they may extend Midgar to be the a "full-length" game but that likely means it's full of filler content.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 02:06 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was honestly worried Tifa might look worse, so I'm not too bothered.

Yeah, filler is a worry, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 02:29 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought he said a total of two bluray discs, which is no small feat. Either way, it promises to be massive... If it's 100gb per episode, that's impressive.

**** though, I know that my mind says not to preorder. Its not sensible. There's no rarity anymore... But ****in' hell, summons as preorder dlc?

That combart system looks very interesting too. It's not at all what I expected.

dlc summons.

I know that's just how things are done, but nickling and diming Final Fantasy 7 is just wrong.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 02:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
dlc summons.

I know that's just how things are done, but nickling and diming Final Fantasy 7 is just wrong.

The only saving grace, I think, is that they aren't ones from the original game. They're new, so I can forgive that. If they'd done it with say, Ifrit or something, I would have been angrier.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 02:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
dlc summons.

It's not like Cactuar & Chocobo Chick was a summon in the original game anyway.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 02:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They also have Carbuncle summon DLC with the 1st class edition.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 06:41 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Squeenix site wants people to pay $330 for the first class edition, but only $80 for the deluxe edition. So to them, a Play Arts Cloud with his bike and one extra summon is worth $250? Really?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 10:52 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It looks like we get to spend more time with Avalanche themselves, which I like. Let us get to know Biggs, Wedge and Jessie before the plate.

The music, I like. It's newly done, but it's the same tracks so it still feels familiar.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 11:17 AM
Impediment
Endless

I wonder how hard it’ll be to breed a Gold Chocobo this time.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 06:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Impediment
I wonder how hard it’ll be to breed a Gold Chocobo this time.

Chocobo races are gonna be trippy as **** with those track designs, that's for sure.

==

One thing I realised, is that for years I've read all the terms in that game as sounding a certain way in my head. Some of that shit is gonna be weird hearing it said out loud, and not just stuff like Aeris being Aerith instead of Aeris.

Like when I played 14 for the first time and heard "Bahamut".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 10:46 PM
Jmanghan

Chocobo races are gonna be trippy as **** with those track designs, that's for sure.

==

One thing I realised, is that for years I've read all the terms in that game as sounding a certain way in my head. Some of that shit is gonna be weird hearing it said out loud, and not just stuff like Aeris being Aerith instead of Aeris.

Like when I played 14 for the first time and heard "Bahamut".
I believe Bahamut was said the first time in Crisis Core, not sure.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 11:03 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I believe Bahamut was said the first time in Crisis Core, not sure.

I barely played that, tbh, so I missed it. 14 was the first time I heard it said out loud.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 11:22 PM
Jmanghan

I barely played that, tbh, so I missed it. 14 was the first time I heard it said out loud.
If you love FFVII (and still own a PSP), you owe it to yourself as a fan of FFVII or even RPG's period, to finish it.

One of the finest games I'll ever play and one of best and most tear-jerking endings in a video game, its up there with the end of TWD Season 1, Undertale, etc.

In a lot of ways its superior to the original FFVII in terms of writing and pacing, but FFVII had a much better concept and main story overall, even if the writing in Crisis Core was much better.

Also, Zack is far more likeable then Cloud's ever been, regardless of game.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 11:47 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Squeenix site wants people to pay $330 for the first class edition, but only $80 for the deluxe edition. So to them, a Play Arts Cloud with his bike and one extra summon is worth $250? Really?

There's a place near me which had the First class edition for preorder...but even then it's still too pricey.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 01:32 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
If you love FFVII (and still own a PSP), you owe it to yourself as a fan of FFVII or even RPG's period, to finish it.

One of the finest games I'll ever play and one of best and most tear-jerking endings in a video game, its up there with the end of TWD Season 1, Undertale, etc.

In a lot of ways its superior to the original FFVII in terms of writing and pacing, but FFVII had a much better concept and main story overall, even if the writing in Crisis Core was much better.

Also, Zack is far more likeable then Cloud's ever been, regardless of game.

I did enjoy it, but it's the not-owning a PSP part that always stood in my way. I did watch the cutscenes on youtube to get an idea of the story, but I was always hoping they'd add the game to the PSN so I could play it on the PS3.

Originally posted by Kazenji
There's a place near me which had the First class edition for preorder...but even then it's still too pricey.

Eesh. My brother, who spends money like it's going out of fashion is planning to buy it, so at least I'll get a good look once he gets it. I could just never justify spending that much on something like that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 09:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 16th, 2019 03:59 AM
Jmanghan

I'm thinking...

Genesis got teased at the end of Dirge of Cerberus, so do ya think he'll be a secret boss or something? I feel like that was probably the best part of that horrible game.

It made me feel like they were going to end the series with a true resurrection of Sephiroth, teamed up with Weiss and Genesis. Though you'd think after Zack ****ed him up he'd have tried to do better, as a person.

I want this to be an FFVII remake, but I also want it to be more, I want closure on this damn series lol.

Dirge of Cerberus was the last chronological entry in the series and it ended with a cliffhanger, this secret organization that recruited Genesis and Weiss.

Zack's dead of course, no bringing him back, but Genesis and Weiss aren't dead, and with Sephiroth returning all the goddamn time, you'd think Genesis and that organization would find a way to bring him back and finally have their climactic showdown.

Maybe on top of this REMAKE they can conclude the series after this game.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2019 04:35 AM