KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious vs Yoda

Sidious vs Yoda
Started by: EmperorSidious2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

@ Nai

(I just read the first part of your posts there and stopped for obvious reasons)

1) You're missing the point. Yoda had to specialize on a fighting style to make up for his disadvantage is what you're telling me basically. And I'm telling you that in this fight, he didn't even have the disadvantage. Its like A'Sharad Hett vs Kenobi. Kenobi has mastered using the environment against his enemies but he was still in a disadvantageous position against Hett due to environment and had to use his env manipulation technique which is still an advantage for Hett as it wouldn't be the case on neutral flat terrain.

2) We don't even know how he disarmed him. And yes, it is a small detail since it happened under unnatural circumstances.

3) The senate pod was a disadvantage for Sidious. We've already established that the moment everyone realized Sidious couldnt pull his acrobatic stunts. He may have moved the fight there because he wanted to elevate to higher ground for using the other senate pods or perhaps he was simply arrogant enough to assume he could withstand Yoda even in a disadvantageous position. He might've even failed to calculate the advantage Yoda would have there. Stuff like this always happens. Revan for example is considered one of the best strategists in the lore but people criticize him for his way of reacting to Vitiate's FL in their fight. Bad choices by masterminds during under pressure and mid combat could be made all the time. After all Sidious was surprised by Yoda's attack where Yoda was mentally prepared for this fight(another advantage perhaps?).

4) Nah, none of your explanations make sense so I'll stick to "Sidious was disarmed due to bad setting".

You're referring to a single text from the novel yet many other sources (including other parts of the novel) state that Yoda was the one who was depleted. This is why I (generously) keep saying "Just call it a stalemate!"

Why was Yoda on lower levels when Sidious managed to get up so high in the first place? Clearly, Sidious was in control of the fight and managed to elevate himself in an advantageous position as after that point Sidious was raining pods on Yoda while Yoda was merely surviving and dodging the TK attacks. For the same reason, Yoda lost his saber as he had to leap towards Sidious which made him vulnerable to losing his saber so it again further supports Sidious' supremacy in the force).

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2015 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I can go into a cramped space to get from point A to point B doesn't change the fact it's uncomfortable and cramped. Sidious isles his force speed in certain ways, and the cramped spaces made it difficult for Sidious to use his force speed to the effective point he did agaisnt Windu or maul and savage. He could ahve retreated to the pod to gain the force advantage.

Considering he was disarmed by Mace that's a poor example. Also if we're talking about neutral ground we also have to consider that the Force isn't going to be ****ed up by Plagueis and Sidious' galactic ritual and Yoda's ability to use the force isn't going to be diminished as it was during the PT. Yoda fought on par with Sidious while the entire bloody galaxy was essentially a DS nexus.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ If the entire Galaxy is a Dark Side nexus, then surely that is Neutral Ground. I mean where else are they supposed to fight, in another Galaxy? Or in a different time period?

In any case, I didn't see this DS Nexus massively amp Sith Anakin. Also doubt Sith Dooku is massively more powerful than Jedi Dooku who Yoda already named "The Temple's Greatest Student" (In Canon now as well as in Legends).

Although Nai brings up a good point that Yoda's Saber likely wouldn't have gone far/beyond reach on neutral ground. But then neither would Sidious's Saber I guess. Same in the Mace fight.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 5th, 2015 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Darth Thor
[B]^ If the entire Galaxy is a Dark Side nexus, then surely that is Neutral Ground. I mean where else are they supposed to fight, in another Galaxy? Or in a different time period?

Different time period. Like 20 years before AOTCs or any of the thousands of years the Force wasn't imbalanced. Sidious and Plagueis' weapons crippled the entire order. Basically having Sidious fight Yoda in 19 BBY is like Sidious fighting Yoda with prep. On 'neutral ground' i.e. any of the thousands of years when this wasn't the case, Yoda wins.

quote:

In any case, I didn't see this DS Nexus massively amp Sith Anakin. Also doubt Sith Dooku is massively more powerful than Jedi Dooku who Yoda already named "The Temple's Greatest Student" (In Canon now as well as in Legends).

1. That's because the Force has been that way Anakin's entire life. That's why Anakin was born, it was the Force itself's response to the Galaxy tilting towards the Dark Side.
2. The ROTS novel explicitly states that he was an "even more powerful Sith Lord".

quote:

Although Nai brings up a good point that Yoda's Saber likely wouldn't have gone far/beyond reach on neutral ground. But then neither would Sidious's Saber I guess. Same in the Mace fight.

Sidious is a master of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, stated to be a master of every weapon and every form. The idea that he would be disadvantaged in any area is virtually unfounded. There's no proof Sidious is faster than Yoda either. Point is, Yoda's disarming of Sidious is a legitimate feat. Its a ridiculous double standard that the Sidious wankers are so willing to say Sidious was disadvantaged in the pod, but then refuse to acknowledge the same ****ing reason why Yoda 'lost' the fight.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yoda in sabers and Sidious in the other two.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 02:26 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Its a ridiculous double standard that the Sidious wankers are so willing to say Sidious was disadvantaged in the pod, but then refuse to acknowledge the same ****ing reason why Yoda 'lost' the fight.
I never denied any of these dynamics that might've affected the outcome of the fight. My point on the contrary is that they are probably equal. The little details of the fight are being brought up to prove Yoda's supremacy so I'm mentioning those that prove Sidious' as a balancing reaction. thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Different time period. Like 20 years before AOTCs or any of the thousands of years the Force wasn't imbalanced. Sidious and Plagueis' weapons crippled the entire order. Basically having Sidious fight Yoda in 19 BBY is like Sidious fighting Yoda with prep. On 'neutral ground' i.e. any of the thousands of years when this wasn't the case, Yoda wins.

1. That's because the Force has been that way Anakin's entire life. That's why Anakin was born, it was the Force itself's response to the Galaxy tilting towards the Dark Side.
2. The ROTS novel explicitly states that he was an "even more powerful Sith Lord".

Sidious is a master of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, stated to be a master of every weapon and every form. The idea that he would be disadvantaged in any area is virtually unfounded. There's no proof Sidious is faster than Yoda either. Point is, Yoda's disarming of Sidious is a legitimate feat. Its a ridiculous double standard that the Sidious wankers are so willing to say Sidious was disadvantaged in the pod, but then refuse to acknowledge the same ****ing reason why Yoda 'lost' the fight.
Every Sidious fanatic I have seen here uses these double standards all the time. It's easy to spot and even easier to point out but you'll hear the excuses all the same from the Sidious apologists pretending it's different.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 02:37 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Man I've never seen someone so butthurt. This guy still can't get over the fact that Sidious destroys Khan. laughing out loud

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 02:39 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sinious
Man I've never seen someone so butthurt. This guy still can't get over the fact that Sidious destroys Khan. laughing out loud
Khan would crush him even though that's off topic. Khan doesn't beg for mercy when he experiences some pain or cries like a woman as a cyborg tosses him to his death. Khan alone was a threat to a galactic power while Sidious lost to some rebels despite having an emotive at his beck and call. Want me to create a thread to compare the mental acumen of Khan to Sidious ? Let's finish this.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 02:53 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Khan got the shit beat out of him by Spock. Sidious>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spock.

Your move.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 03:23 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Khan got the shit beat out of him by Spock. Sidious>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spock.

Your move.
Khan also crash landed and sprinted through a city prior to this fight. Khan beat Spock and Uhura showed up with a weapon and eight blasts. Khan also wasn't armed.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 03:32 PM
Darth Thor

They fought on neutral ground first anyway and it was Sidious's choice to move the fight to the pod. So that's that.

I agree, just pointing out that it goes both ways. If on neutral ground Sidious might have still dropped his Saber, but not necessarily lost it. But same goes for Yoda being disarmed by Sidious's FL.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by quanchi112
Khan would crush him even though that's off topic. Khan doesn't beg for mercy when he experiences some pain or cries like a woman as a cyborg tosses him to his death. Khan alone was a threat to a galactic power while Sidious lost to some rebels despite having an emotive at his beck and call. Want me to create a thread to compare the mental acumen of Khan to Sidious ? Let's finish this.
Finsh what exactly? How about we do a Thanos vs Smeagol one? Sounds equally exciting tbh. laughing out loud

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 03:45 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Khan also crash landed and sprinted through a city prior to this fight. Khan beat Spock and Uhura showed up with a weapon and eight blasts. Khan also wasn't armed.

Don't you pull that situational shit on me. Khan was morals off.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 04:13 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh he'll pull it. When it suits him.

If someone else brings up context his favorite line is "coulda, woulda, shoulda."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 04:29 PM
McP

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They fought on neutral ground first anyway and it was Sidious's choice to move the fight to the pod. So that's that.

I agree, just pointing out that it goes both ways. If on neutral ground Sidious might have still dropped his Saber, but not necessarily lost it. But same goes for Yoda being disarmed by Sidious's FL.

They never fought on neutral ground. That building was under Empire's control. Sidious already shown, that he wanted to flee if he would have a chance. So Yoda had to be close to him and chase him all the time, instead of trying to find a high ground (like Sidious did).

Sidious needed to survive, Yoda had to kill Sidious. Yoda was in tactical disadvantage and on the enemy's territory. It's can't be called "neutral ground".

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 06:03 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
They never fought on neutral ground. That building was under Empire's control. Sidious already shown, that he wanted to flee if he would have a chance. So Yoda had to be close to him and chase him all the time, instead of trying to find a high ground (like Sidious did).

Sidious needed to survive, Yoda had to kill Sidious. Yoda was in tactical disadvantage and on the enemy's territory. It's can't be called "neutral ground".

Good points.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 06:23 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sinious
Finsh what exactly? How about we do a Thanos vs Smeagol one? Sounds equally exciting tbh. laughing out loud
I sense fear in you. Let's see what you're made of.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 07:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

He was unarmed and had Spock beat. We don't ever ignore the circumstances or the state he was in. Your ignorant answer lacked the context which is a biased answer. Khan is superior to Palpatine in both mental acumen and combat formidability.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 07:02 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

In the films themselves we see Kenobi spewing inaccuracies. He says to Anakin it was said you would destroy the Sith not destroy them.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote