KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Ash vs Evil Dead

Ash vs Evil Dead
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's been pretty fun so far. I like the occasional pointing out of horror movie logic too.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:56 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not as good as ED2 or AoD, but enjoying it so far.

Something about mixing horror and comedy. There really needs to be more of this genre.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Not as good as ED2 or AoD, but enjoying it so far.

That's how I felt after watching the pilot.

Originally posted by Robtard
Something about mixing horror and comedy. There really needs to be more of this genre.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 11:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

This show just keeps getting better, I see why it was already renewed.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 03:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Alright, so I didn't realize the episodes were so short... They're only like 20 something minutes? Is that right? I guess that's fine, rather have quality over quantity..

If so I'm definitely going to let them all air before I watch 'em. Because that's just too much of a tease.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2015 12:51 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Same here... Plus I don't have the Starz channel anymore, and finding the episodes somewhere online each week when they're that short is kinda more trouble than it's worth... But I look forward to watching the rest of the season consecutively after it's all aired. thumb up

Old Post Nov 26th, 2015 09:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yea, twenty odd minutes feels to short for this show. I only watched the first three episodes and they're not too bad. The humor is a bit to hit or miss for me. It also feels a bit distracting to see, Ashs' character cycle back and forth between pathetic loser and sarcastic hero. Although, it seemed like it was beginning to find its stride. I also agree with, ridley. I don't understand why, Starz doesn't make this show more widely available. I haven't found any media outlet that offers the episodes to purchase.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 10:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Now that all of Season 1 has aired I'm watching these. Hahaha, episode 3 is one of the best things I've ever seen on or off TV. Fu#k yes...

laughing

thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 12:41 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The first season was great. Definitely one of the most entertaining shows to come out of 2015 IMO. And it's already been renewed for a 2nd season, so there will be more where that came from.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 01:17 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haha.. Ash's [SPOILER - highlight to read]: fight with himself was hilarious. That was hilariously great writing. I kinda feel like Raimi should have come back to direct that one, though.

I only have 2 more episodes left. I'm gonna be sad when I'm done. lol. I actually like that they are sort of short episodes. It doesn't feel to drawn out or boring. But I don't think Starz has the greatest production values in the world. Wish HBO had picked up the series.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 03:38 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Season 1 was good thumb up

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 03:56 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thought the final couple episodes were excellent. I was laughing pretty uproariously through most of it, giddy as a school girl, haha. There were some filler-ish episodes in the middle of the season, but the ending to the season finale was perfect, haha..

Can't wait for season 2, dammit. Are they filming yet, does anyone know?

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 11th, 2016 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 03:42 AM
queeq
Chaos

Great stuff. More please.

Apparently shooting starts in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2016. It's supposed to be aired somewhere in the fall.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:56 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It looks to be a bit on the bloody side... laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 10:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well... GOOD!!! wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 09:09 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Maybe us in NJ are just getting these shows late.

Cause yeah.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 08:27 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Maybe us in NJ are just getting these shows late.

Cause yeah.

As long as you do eventually get them, because everyone should get the opportunity to watch this show. It's great.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 02:23 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Basara

I like all three movies, but TV series (season 1 at least) is not so good IMO.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 10:36 AM
Basara is currently offline Click here to Send Basara a Private Message Find more posts by Basara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Basara
I like all three movies, but TV series (season 1 at least) is not so good IMO.

It has its filler moments and not-so-great episodes, but ultimately I thought the highlights and the finale were absolutely worth it because the characters are good and they have good chemistry.

I look forward to seeing Season 2 after it all airs.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 03:57 AM
Jmanghan

They acknowledged Army of Darkness in the Season 1: Episode 10.

"The Evil Dead" was also acknowledged in the first episode.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 01:35 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote