KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Is this canon to the original Lucifer series?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 09:12 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes. As was explained on the first page, this will be a continuation of Carey's series.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 12:30 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes. As was explained on the first page, this will be a continuation of Carey's series.
We both know they are going to muck this up. Carey ended this perfectly. I only trust him to continue it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 04:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Only time I've ever agreed with Quan

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 08:38 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by quanchi112
We both know they are going to muck this up. Carey ended this perfectly. I only trust him to continue it.
Pretty much.

Even if this ends up being good, it's still not going to be that good. The only people who can duplicate Carey's work are Carey himself, or Gaiman. Anyone else is just a pretender.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 10:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

This is going to break my heart.

At least I could rationalize the awful tv show having nothing to do with carey's Lucifer.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 10:41 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Am I the only one that would rather have a story about Elaine struggling with her godhood, seeking advice on how to rule, and making allies and enemies throughout the multiverse?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 10:52 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd rather see that, sure.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 11:49 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Lucifer's only purpose was to remove the shackles of destiny, in which he succeeded. So why take a character without purpose and then throw him into a drama against his brother based on a misunderstanding that could easily be resolved?

Elaine's character, on the other hand, was never fully fleshed out and her story was left open-ended with her thrown into the role of God. She's a much more natural protagonist.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 12:26 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Cogito
Only time I've ever agreed with Quan
Only time you've ever been right.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 12:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Astner
Am I the only one that would rather have a story about Elaine struggling with her godhood, seeking advice on how to rule, and making allies and enemies throughout the multiverse?
I agree.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 12:46 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Lucifer's only purpose was to remove the shackles of destiny, in which he succeeded. So why take a character without purpose and then throw him into a drama against his brother based on a misunderstanding that could easily be resolved?

Elaine's character, on the other hand, was never fully fleshed out and her story was left open-ended with her thrown into the role of God. She's a much more natural protagonist.

I dunno, the series ended with Elaine becoming one with everything and running the universe as a part of it rather from above like Yahweh did, so if you kept that status quo there's not really any story to tell. I mean obviously a writer could change Elaine doing that but I'm just not sure how interesting of a story that would be if you stay true to the idea of God in Lucifer- as in completely omnipotent and omniscient.

That being said yeah, Lucifer's story ended in a very satisfying and definitive manner so this does seem pointless, and a different story set in the Vertigoverse following on from Lucifer would probably be better.

Another good example might have been Mazikeen- Lucifer left her with the majority of his power to do whatever she wanted, seeing where she went from there might have been interesting.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 03:00 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The point of Lucifer stepping beyond the parameters of God's 'plan'(which, yes, would have removed him from the confines of Destiny's book) is that every decision he made from then on was his alone. His actions were no longer preordained by the design of a higher power... And that is subsequently the "ultimate freedom" Lucifer sought all along:
(please log in to view the image)

So him choosing to step back into someone else's creation and open up a hispter nightclub, already makes this new series hard to swallow.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 1st, 2015 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 03:03 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I also don't like this "the devil wears Prada" approach.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Another good example might have been Mazikeen

That would've been even better.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 03:09 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Some clarification in regards to Lucifer's creation.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 05:40 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nice to have some additional clarification. thumb up

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 07:48 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007
The point of Lucifer stepping beyond the parameters of God's 'plan'(which, yes, would have removed him from the confines of Destiny's book) is that every decision he made from then on was his alone. His actions were no longer preordained by the design of a higher power... And that is subsequently the "ultimate freedom" Lucifer sought all along:

So him choosing to step back into someone else's creation and open up a hispter nightclub, already makes this new series hard to swallow.
They could always say since he stepped outside of that creation that he freed himself from those confines and that returning is all up to him since he went that scope to begin with. It doesn't matter to me this shouldn't be happening. The series should have been left alone. Ended on a great note.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 07:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agree. thumb up

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 08:02 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

How the Hell does this mesh with DC merging Vertigo and mainstream DC continuity?? Are they just going to pretend Flashpoint didn't happen, and continue in the old Vertigo universe?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:30 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Most likely.

Several Vertigo titles don't mesh with Flashpoint anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 10:38 PM